Pelicans Report

Thread: larry sanders buyout

larry sanders buyout

Maybe we cut williams with deal in place. Pardon my hysteria I'm just hoping and wishing delusionaly over here.
    I'm a grinder

I doubt it, all reports I've seen have stated Sanders has no intention of re-signing anywhere straight away, wants to get his personal life right first.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    I doubt it, all reports I've seen have stated Sanders has no intention of re-signing anywhere straight away, wants to get his personal life right first.
    This, combined with our team philosophy of staying away from guys like this = 0% chance
    @mcnamara247

Ok thanks guys

Read about Sanders suffering from anxiety and depression, and his desire to sit out of the NBA while he fixes things, I am proud of him for that. Get your mind right man. You are young enough, where sitting out half a season (or more) might hurt your wallet, but thats such a small part of life.

That said, say we are able to lure a Shaka Smart away from VCU, could you see Shaka approaching Sanders, or do you think there would even be a passing interest?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I actually respect Sanders. His hearts clearly no with the game & he wasn't going to drag it out. I think he's dealing with real issues, not just some bad character guy. Most guys would just keep going for more & more money. Obviously he still got paid but he left a lot of money on the table to fix his problems. If he's ready to come back and we had a need i'd welcome him.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Very interesting video.

Yeah I don't want him anywhere near this team!!!

I didn't know much a Sanders until I watched that video. Good kid I hope he gets his life in order, and if the NBA ain't in his future I wish this brotha much success in his NBA afterlife. I respect his decision.

I worked in a "Mental health" clinic for a couple years when I was in the Air Force, and I was VERY naive to mental issues. Until then... everybody was "crazy" if they weren't "normal". With age comes wisdom.

Wow....I only knew of Sanders by what I heard in media. This video made me respect him so much. Good for him to walk away for now. He clearly has his values straight and wants to surround himself with positive things like family and his other hobbies/interests. Not many players would make this decision like he has, and at such a young, raw age. I'm proud of him and will cheer for him to get better and be happy.

I personally know of the struggles with anxiety and depression and using pot to feel "normal". I have PTSD from my recent deployment to Afghanistan, and I have chosen to go the legal way and get help through doctors and such now. I see the same goal in Sanders head now. He will be fine, just give the man time.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. For one, it's obvious that if he decides to play again he is doing so for the right reasons. Most guys who do not have their hearts into it never admit to it and simply keep draining a team and their cap to death. Secondly, for someone like him quitting is actually the harder thing to do. The whole world thinks you should be doing it (using your talent to play in the league) and will cheer for you and be your fan for doing so; as opposed to jeering you and thinking you're a ool for not doing so.

He reminds me of Ricky Williams. Both are super athletes and great players who seem to have been stuck within their own destiny's despite it not neccssarily being their dream. I think he will grow up within a year or two... Realize the money at stake.... and kick some arse

Thread Information