Pelicans Report

Thread: AD MRI is good news for Pelicans

AD MRI is good news for Pelicans

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I guess I had perfect timing. First time getting on forum all day and I see good news. Perfect!

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Now I hope we get updates on Anderson soon.

Not too optimistic about Ryno
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Not too optimistic about Ryno
    I don't think anyone is

I'm expecting a torn MCL

Banned
    I didn't expect anything seriously wrong with AD. He does need a break though.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    I didn't expect anything seriously wrong with AD. He does need a break though.
    Sad part is he can't get a break if we want a shot in the dark at making the playoffs. He definitely needs to be wearing pads like Gordon has. It's crazy that he didn't have any padding on.

Thought they said Ryno sprained his knee?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Thought they said Ryno sprained his knee?
    that's always pre-MRI

the MRI today could reveal something worse... ie torn MCL or ACL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    Sad part is he can't get a break if we want a shot in the dark at making the playoffs. He definitely needs to be wearing pads like Gordon has. It's crazy that he didn't have any padding on.
    Yep. That didn't seem like a ton of contact to me, so either he isn't being honest about how he feels in an effort to play, or we aren't providing him with the best care. He is my favorite player, but he needs to be more honest about his pain. It is his responsibility to the Pels. If you can't go DON'T. No one is going to think less of him.

Out 1-2 weeks great

I think he did have padding on. They said he's wearing the same protection that Gordon is for his shoulder injury. Glad to hear nothing structural is wrong, but I'm actually rehabbing a shoulder injury right now where nothing is "structurally" damaged and it's still a *****. Some days so sore and weak I can't lift my arm over my head and it will wake me up if I roll over on to it at night. Couldn't imagine trying to play NBA basketball with it. Even my weekend work outs can aggravate it to the point of making my arm pretty useless. What they want to do for mine is put it in a sling and no activity at all for 4-6 weeks then reassess. I'm sure AD has superior recuperative powers + better rehab and medical, but I can still see how a non-structural injury could derail him for a pretty long stretch.

Thread Information