Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis hurt again...

Anthony Davis hurt again...

That's the sound of the tank!!!
    I'm a grinder

We don't have a pick lol

Can people stop with the tank talk. It would take a miracle for us not to finish in the 13th or 14th spot. If you are saying "tank", you are talking about tanking for 13th, which gives us about a 1% better chance of keeping our pick.
    @mcnamara247

Crud. I wasn't watching. What happen to Davis?

We really need to start looking at getting a new medical staff. This is beyond bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Crud. I wasn't watching. What happen to Davis?
    AD went for a layup and shoulder drove into whiteside game over..........http://streamable.com/c01l

follow by Ryan Anderson having Mario Chalmers land on his ankle......http://streamable.com/rs8z

I was just joking but seriously our medical staff is beyond mediocre.

Where is the proof that the medical staff is bad? Is there a lot of corollary evidence? Sure. Is it likely that they are below average? Probably. But we can never prove it one way or the other. It is lazy IMO to assume that if we just change that one thing, then injury luck will swing our way.

I know it is comforting to have one clear person or entity to blame, but it is still lazy IMO.

If we tank the only party that wins resides in Houston.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Where is the proof that the medical staff is bad? Is there a lot of corollary evidence? Sure. Is it likely that they are below average? Probably. But we can never prove it one way or the other. It is lazy IMO to assume that if we just change that one thing, then injury luck will swing our way.

I know it is comforting to have one clear person or entity to blame, but it is still lazy IMO.
    It's not lazy it's called not being naive and looking at what's in front of your visual. You are being completely biased if you don't see that we need improvement ffrom our medical staff. If phoenix is lauded for their great staff. ..then dammit I want a phoenix type staff because ours has/will never be categorized as such.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    It's not lazy it's called not being naive and looking at what's in front of your visual. You are being completely biased if you don't see that we need improvement ffrom our medical staff. If phoenix is lauded for their great staff. ..then dammit I want a phoenix type staff because ours has/will never be categorized as such.
    If this were a court of law, the argument that :

many injuries = bad training staff would hold no water.

I am not saying the staff is good. There is no evidence for that either. But anybody who understands logic and fact structure sees that what I have above is a poor argument.

What exactly is the medical staff doing wrong though?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What exactly is the medical staff doing wrong though?
    This is impossible for any of us to answer. Again, I see how it is comforting to place all the blame on one entity. And it may be true. But we can never prove it or know for sure. We don't have any of the evidence needed. We know nothing about what they do.

Davis frame scares the hell out of me.

I think he'll be a lot less injury prone one he solidifies himself a bit more

We don't know what they do but we do know that they don't do a good job of revocery for these players. Examples...ad, eric gordon, Ryan Anderson and now jrue holiday

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    We don't know what they do but we do know that they don't do a good job of revocery for these players. Examples...ad, eric gordon, Ryan Anderson and now jrue holiday
    No two bodies are the same. No two injuries are the same. And none of us have any access to the specifics of any of these injuries.

Again, we can assume all this stuff but we can never prove any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Davis frame scares the hell out of me.

I think he'll be a lot less injury prone one he solidifies himself a bit more
    His frame does scare me as well. His athleticism scares me too because he jumps so high I always worry about him coming down wrong.

Sorry if this has been asked 1000 times but if the Pels finish
    9 or 10th does this mean we would give the Rockets the 14-16th pick for Asik?
    Not that bad IMO.

I have a friend who works for the Saints, and prior to worked for the Pistons and Wayne State. The guys on our medical staff trained with other teams before they were hired here. It's not like how we hired our coach and gm (went for the best of some cheap options), these guys probably trained under the staffs in PHX, or GS, or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked 1000 times but if the Pels finish
    9 or 10th does this mean we would give the Rockets the 14-16th pick for Asik?
    Not that bad IMO.
    4% chance we get a top 3 pick.

96% chance we give the Rockets either the 13th or 14th pick

And I hope they bust hard.

Man I would love to get Brewer doe.

Thanks MM.

This is impossible for any of us to answer. Again, I see how it is comforting to place all the blame on one entity. And it may be true. But we can never prove it or know for sure. We don't have any of the evidence needed. We know nothing about what they do.
    The weightlifting coach shoulders some of the blame too. In any sport with a long season a good weight training staff will prepare guys bodies with preventative maintenance throughout the year.

Yes thank you. Guys getting hurt doesnt mean your medical staff sucks.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Yes thank you. Guys getting hurt doesnt mean your medical staff sucks.
    You staff sucking means it sucks. And we have no clue what they do behind the scenes, so we can only guess. Our guesses might be right, but we don't have true evidence on our side. Never will.

Thread Information