Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Pelicans @ Heat Game Thread

Even healthy, I don't think we land the 8th spot. Anyone see OKC lately? You shall not pass!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Even healthy, I don't think we land the 8th spot. Anyone see OKC lately? You shall not pass!
    We could have gotten far enough ahead. If Jrue and AD don't get injured on that EC trip. AD again before the break, then we are probably 33-22 right now at least. Would have made us really hard to catch, especially with KD still seemingly injured.

But such is life. We aren't there yet obviously. Gunning for 9th!!
    @mcnamara247

Maybe Silver can implement that new "best 16 teams are in" rule next week.

Those guys have way to much power up front. Like a younger Memphis front court.

How did Asik go against Whiteside?

With Ryno out, does anyone think this changes the situation with Shawne Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    How did Asik go against Whiteside?
    So and so
    Omer outscored Whiteside 15 to 11. His +/- was +17 vs Whiteside -19. But Whiteside had 16 rebounds vs Asik's 9. And Whiteside had 5 blocks vs 0 for Asik
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BRPels View Post
    With Ryno out, does anyone think this changes the situation with Shawne Williams?
    That's a damm good question. I wonder if the staff is now pondering keeping him, but I think that's why Babbitt got so many minutes last night. And Dante can also slide to the 4. He's not the 3-point threat that Babbitt and Williams is but he's a threat nonetheless.

Do we even have space on the roster for him?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    That's a damm good question. I wonder if the staff is now pondering keeping him, but I think that's why Babbitt got so many minutes last night. And Dante can also slide to the 4. He's not the 3-point threat that Babbitt and Williams is but he's a threat nonetheless.

Do we even have space on the roster for him?
    Yes. We already cut Smith so if we wanted to we could definitely keep Williams. Keep in mind that Williams was just inactive for this game.

Now having Babbitt and Cunningham move to their more natural position will work out fine but I still think Cunningham will have to play a lot of 3 so the possibility of Williams getting minutes isn't far fetched if he is willing to play (which I assume he is).

Thread Information