Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Its buyout season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    When we are a top 4-5 West team, which will happen eventually. Injuries can't strike like this every year and internal growth will eventually happen
    I'm not sure on the injury part. Dont get me wrong I sure hope you are right but we have had key injuries every year since David West torn ACL in the playoffs. Hopefully we can stay healthy and keep everyone on the court for 80% of the season.

When we are a top 4-5 West team, which will happen eventually. Injuries can't strike like this every year and internal growth will eventually happen
    Ok again when will this be and who are the core of that team? As I already pointed out 5 of what we would consider the core 6 are due new contracts within the next 3 years. Just saying "it will eventually happen" doesn't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Ok again when will this be and who are the core of that team? As I already pointed out 5 of what we would consider the core 6 are due new contracts within the next 3 years. Just saying "it will eventually happen" doesn't make it so.
    When will AD be as good as Drummond? That's really what people here want to know.

Sorry, I don't have a crystal ball. But my feeling is that it will happen as AD hits his prime.
    @mcnamara247

Sorry, I don't have a crystal ball. But my feeling is that it will happen as AD hits his prime.
    No crystal ball needed. Just a coherent explanation and/or time frame of how we get there. If last year was a lost year due to injury and it's the same this year. How are we just becoming a top 5 team?

No crystal ball needed. Just a coherent explanation and/or time frame of how we get there. If last year was a lost year due to injury and it's the same this year. How are we just becoming a top 5 team?
    I mean, standing back, there will be noticeable improvement this year, no? Conservatively, let's say we win 44.

We will have gone from 27 to 34 to 44. Add another player like Jared Dudley, have some reasonable luck for once and improvement from guys internally and I don't know why 50+ wins wouldn't be the expectation. That next summer, maybe you keep Gordon and Ryno and maybe you upgrade. I don't know. But the objective line is going up and I think it is safer to say it will continue going that way than to assume it will even out or go down.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Where does AD or D-West play in this line up? Didn't know Dwest was a guard
    You know d west could come off the bench. The point is our roster is inferior to the cp3 chandler Dwest roster.

We should have kept Chandler! HUGE mistake! Oh well.

I mean, standing back, there will be noticeable improvement this year, no? Conservatively, let's say we win 44.

We will have gone from 27 to 34 to 44. Add another player like Jared Dudley, have some reasonable luck for once and improvement from guys internally and I don't know why 50+ wins wouldn't be the expectation. That next summer, maybe you keep Gordon and Ryno and maybe you upgrade. I don't know. But the objective line is going up and I think it is safer to say it will continue going that way than to assume it will even out or go down.
    OK so you're saying we are retaining the same core then? I'm not trying to be a smart *** or jerk you around. I'm curious how you came to the conclusion you did. I don't see how even with the bump in 2016 how we can keep the entire core 6.

I kinda want to give Thomas Robinson a shot. I like him alot coming into the draft and Monty does well with developing big men!

OK so you're saying we are retaining the same core then? I'm not trying to be a smart *** or jerk you around. I'm curious how you came to the conclusion you did. I don't see how even with the bump in 2016 how we can keep the entire core 6.
    I can't predict because it all depends on if Dell is here past May or not.

If he is, I think Asik is a lock to stay and I really think we keep this core for at least one more season and just add a swing. If Dell is gone, then everything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I kinda want to give Thomas Robinson a shot. I like him alot coming into the draft and Monty does well with developing big men!
    How could we develop him? Where could he possibly get minutes for these next 29 games?

I can't predict because it all depends on if Dell is here past May or not.

If he is, I think Asik is a lock to stay and I really think we keep this core for at least one more season and just add a swing. If Dell is gone, then everything is possible.
    This is kind of my point. There's too much in the air to really feel like this team will be here or there definitely.

This is kind of my point. There's too much in the air to really feel like this team will be here or there definitely.
    I feel it will be 'there' for one reason - AD will be other worldly as we move forward and, though it does occasionally happen, it is rare that a top 3 player isn't on a top flight team. Now, if everything else is bad, he won't get there, but they need just a few breaks when you have a guy that is that good. And by the time he is 23 he will be even more skilled offensively and way smarter defensively.

The Pels will be very good because of AD. Just a question if they could be great or elite based on the other things.

Thread Information