Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Norris Cole to Pels

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    We should definitely judge every player by one play. Thats how I will do my analysis moving forward.
    I hear a lot more negativity towards Cole on message boards than I do positivity.

Maybe I'm wrong and he's above average.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    I hear a lot more negativity towards Cole on message boards than I do positivity.

So now you let message boards make up your mind for you? Why not spend some time looking into him yourself, watch a few games, etc. and then form your own opinion?
    @mcnamara247

I am not the smartest man in the world (and I didn't stay in a Holliday Inn last night), but when looking at Jimmer and Coles DRtg Cole is 110, Jimmer's 112. Cole's ORtg is 93 and Jimmer's 103.

I think Cole will be given opportunities like every other guy (on a 10 day contract has), but I have a feeling that we might be going back to the Jimmer well before all is said and done.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

To me, this is conjecture, and a difference in perspective.

The Heat fans wanted their championship winning starting PG to help ease the burden of losing lebron..... in their perspective.

The Pelicans have trotted out the likes of Austin Rivers, Gal Mekel, Nate Wolters, and Tony Douglas as the backup ball handler. In our perspective, I'm willing to wager that he'll be a breath of fresh air..

So now you let message boards make up your mind for you? Why not spend some time looking into him yourself, watch a few games, etc. and then form your own opinion?
    I'm not in the position to watch full games and haven't been for while now.

It's he anything more than a serviceable back up?

Does he bring more than Douglas?

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I am not the smartest man in the world (and I didn't stay in a Holliday Inn last night), but when looking at Jimmer and Coles DRtg Cole is 110, Jimmer's 112. Cole's ORtg is 93 and Jimmer's 103.

I think Cole will be given opportunities like every other guy (on a 10 day contract has), but I have a feeling that we might be going back to the Jimmer well before all is said and done.
    While I agree with the overall premise that Cole will be given Jimmers minutes initially and then Jimmer will outplay him to the point that he takes back his minutes I don't think you can use DTR and OTR on different teams to justify anything. The numbers don't really work like that.

In the basketballreference wourld, both Pondexter and Cunningham are not at all good. Austin Rivers also isn't terrible there.... I'm not sure that's the whole story.

Remember how terrible Q-Pon's numbers looked when he came over, including the beloved Ortg and Drtg?

Sometimes it goes beyond that. Let's wait and see. Skill set wise, he provides Monty with what he will want. Intangible-wise, ditto.

Guy got major minutes in the playoffs on a title winning team. If anybody thinks Jimmer could have done that, they are out of their minds. Jimmer couldn't get run on the Kings.

All-Star
    Remember how terrible Q-Pon's numbers looked when he came over, including the beloved Ortg and Drtg?

Sometimes it goes beyond that. Let's wait and see. Skill set wise, he provides Monty with what he will want. Intangible-wise, ditto.

Guy got major minutes in the playoffs on a title winning team. If anybody thinks Jimmer could have done that, they are out of their minds. Jimmer couldn't get run on the Kings.
    Jimmer could play with Lebron, Wade and Bosh.....anybody that thinks he couldn't is out of their minds.

Pretty much any player in the league including most of the players in the D-league could play with those 3.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Cole is a perfect fit for this team, one thing you can't about this team that don't know kind of players they want to build a franchise with.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

I don't think you have to be a Jimmer homer to think Jimmer can stand his ground against Cole. Remember, Cole might have gotten starter minuets, but he was the BJ Armstrong, Rick Fox, Mario Ellie of the crew...not Horace Grant, Ron Harper, or Sean Elliot. Cole should be given the underwhelming Jimmer's min's, but in the end, I think the pendulum swings back to us needing to sign a backup pg in the offseason.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 02-19-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Jimmer could play with Lebron, Wade and Bosh.....anybody that thinks he couldn't is out of their minds.

Pretty much any player in the league including most of the players in the D-league could play with those 3.
    Whatever fits your argument. No need to waste time arguing. Jimmer is the man, how dare I?

All-Star
    Whatever fits your argument. No need to waste time arguing. Jimmer is the man, how dare I?
    Look dude, your opinion on basketball isn't more valid than mine. If you think I am wrong then tell me why. Don't pretend I said something I didn't say to make your argument sound stronger than it is.

I think we can all be happy that one way or the other, this offseason the Pels can do what they want with Cole. With him being a RFA we can let the market set his value, and step back and determine if he is worth keeping.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    It looks like Norris likes the nickname Cole Train....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm not sure what people expected us to do. Norris Cole is as good a backup to acquire as any. Has loads of experience on very, very good teams and some NBA rings he participated heavily in.

Also, y'all slippin'. Where's the obligatory highlight vid?

the fact that people are arguing jimmer fredette is just as good as Norris Cole is one of the biggest jokes and most embarrassing things i have read on this forum in a long time.

Almost as embarrassing as when people were really upset we gave up "the mad ant" russ smith for QPON. Have y'all ever watched basketball before? Is this real life?

Its embarrassing to read this stuff.

MM please don't reply to this ridiculous opinion, its a waste of time and validates people thinking they can write this absolute garbage on a basketball forum.

This is mind bottling.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    the fact that people are arguing jimmer fredette is just as good as Norris Cole is one of the biggest jokes and most embarrassing things i have read on this forum in a long time.

Almost as embarrassing as when people were really upset we gave up "the mad ant" russ smith for QPON. Have y'all ever watched basketball before? Is this real life?

Its embarrassing to read this stuff.
    Hell, at this point you could say that Norris Cole is a better 3pt shooter than the guy we brought in specifically to be a 3pt shooter.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Hell, at this point you could say that Norris Cole is a better 3pt shooter than the guy we brought in specifically to be a 3pt shooter.
    You could for this season.

Jesus Christ people STOP TRYING TO MAKE JIMMER A THING!!! He sucks get over it. He was the big time scorer in college but he's trash in the NBA. He's not the great white hope.. get over it. He can't control an offense with a crap, can't play defense, and can't hit a 3 to save his life. Cole can play defense, control an offense, and unselfish.

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    MM please don't reply to this ridiculous opinion, its a waste of time and validates people thinking they can write this absolute garbage on a basketball forum.

This is mind bottling.
    Can't we just all stop engaging..... lack of attention kills this motivation I believe.

All-Star
    I want to be clear. Norris Cole is a good pickup for the team. He came at the expense of a player that was never going to play. It was a good trade.

I think Luigi Datome will come in and take Gerald Wallace's minutes.....but eventually Gerald will step up and take Luigi's rotation spot... proving something or other....

Who cares you ask?

Good Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post

Thread Information