Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Norris Cole to Pels

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Better defender, worse on the offensive end.....Yeah, landslide
    How is he worse offensively? Passing counts. Playmaking counts. Where exactly has Jimmer been better this year offensively? FT line? Okay, fine, Monty can put him in when we are up 2 with 10 seconds left
    @mcnamara247

Norris Cole to Pels

He plays selfish basketball and that doesn't lead to winning if you are the point guard.
    But he has 2 championship rings..your right he isn't a winner. How many does Jimmer have? He will be like the heat here. He will play defense and only shoot maybe 8 shots a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Well there goes Smith.
    Smith's don't have a great track record here....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    How is he worse offensively? Passing counts. Playmaking counts. Where exactly has Jimmer been better this year offensively? FT line? Okay, fine, Monty can put him in when we are up 2 with 10 seconds left
    If you look at totals Cole has been better but he has played a ton more.
    Jimmer has a higher Per 13.2 to 9.3
    Jimmer is shooting a higher percentage from 2 47% to 44%
    Cole has an advantage in assists at 4.1 to 5.2 and their turnovers are almost even. 1.9 for Jimmer and 1.8 for Cole.
    Neither has shot the ball well from 3 this year but Jimmer has been much better for their careers

As you pointed out Jimmer is also a better free throw shooter and gets there twice as often.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    But he has 2 championship rings..your right he isn't a winner. How many does Jimmer have? He will be like the heat here. He will play defense and only shoot maybe 8 shots a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sigh.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_...,_born_1989%29
    Last edited by Npliam; 02-19-2015 at 08:24 PM.

I am glad we got one of the Heats Big 3 cornerstones. I feel like we are the Heat and Cole is Ray Allen. The balance of power in the West has shifted boys! Get your ring finger sized...on both hands!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I am glad we got one of the Heats Big 3 cornerstones. I feel like we are the Heat and Cole is Ray Allen. The balance of power in the West has shifted boys! Get your ring finger sized...on both hands!
    Mhmm!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Cole has an advantage in assists at 4.1 to 5.2 and their turnovers are almost even. 1.9 for Jimmer and 1.8 for Cole.
    Neither has shot the ball well from 3 this year but Jimmer has been much better for their careers

As you pointed out Jimmer is also a better free throw shooter and gets there twice as often.
    Okay....Jimmer IMO has two good qualities as a basketball player.....free throw shooting and 3 point shooting....His has failed at the latter. Seating in my seat watching Jimmer struggle defensively on and off the ball is hard to stomach. He offense doesn't push the needle enough to compensate for his lack of defense....Long story short. Jimmer should only play during garbage time....

PG: Evans/Cole/Fredette
    SG: Gordon/Cole
    SF: Cunningham/Pondexter
    PF: Davis/Anderson
    C: Asik/Ajinca/Whithey

Not a bad rotation for now. With Cole coming over I think we've solidified the backup PG hole for the rest of the season. Considering Dell has managed to acquire Pondexter, Cunningham and now Cole to bolster our bench rotation during the season, I'd say he's done fairly well given the circumstances.

I realize this news hurts your soul. But just move on. It's pathetic to try and argue it. This white man can't jump.

If Jimmer was worth anything we wouldn't have had to make this move. He had his shot and sucked. He hit a few FT's and made his floater. He did not run the offense or play defense well and the biggest reason he was brought here (3 pt shooting) he has been down right abysmal.

Cole brings playoff experience, can run an offense, and has shown he at least deserves to be on the court as a backup down year or not. That's why he is here and will get the backup job.

Dat needle mover

Quote Originally Posted by AD23MVP View Post
    PG: Evans/Cole/Fredette
    SG: Gordon/Cole
    SF: Cunningham/Pondexter
    PF: Davis/Anderson
    C: Asik/Ajinca/Whithey

Not a bad rotation for now. With Cole coming over I think we've solidified the backup PG hole for the rest of the season. Considering Dell has managed to acquire Pondexter, Cunningham and now Cole to bolster our bench rotation during the season, I'd say he's done fairly well given the circumstances.
    I agree with everything you said but I think Cole may be the starter until Holiday comes back due to floor spacing.

But I could be wrong. I dunno how Monty is going to set up his starting lineup but I'm just glad we have another ball handler on the team!

You think so? That would be an intriguing move by Monty. I have to believe he doesn't want to move Tyreke back to SF or the bench as long as Jrue is out. But I'm with you, it's a good pick-up either way.

Norris Cole is a bonehead.

Did you see that play with he and Whiteside where they too the ball over the baseline for no reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

Did you see that play with he and Whiteside where they too the ball over the baseline for no reason?
    We should definitely judge every player by one play. Thats how I will do my analysis moving forward.

We should definitely judge every player by one play. Thats how I will do my analysis moving forward.
    It will get your job done faster. I'm not sure how long you will have it though!

Perfect response.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    But what about the other single play where he broke D-Rose ankles? That was a stupid play too?

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    But what about the other single play where he broke D-Rose ankles? That was a stupid play too?
    Or the single play where he defended Kyrie 1-on-1 with the game on the line and stripped him clean for the win?

Does that make him the GOAT?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Cole can play defense and is definitely a decent backup pg. why all the complaints??????????

Damn, I missed all the madness.

I am sad. As I was earlier in the season when everything was hijacked by negativity, now every damn thread is hijacked by Fredette.

In fact, that's it. The last time I type that name this year is right now. Jimmer Fredette.

If we all talked about John Salmons the amount of time we talk about him, we'd be hockey fans by the end of the season.

I will never engage the topic again. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

Are you being serious, its hard to tell sarcasm on the internet?

That play does show a bit of Cole's BBIQ. I mean, who does that? I am not going to say that that one play defines a career, but that's day one rec league stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    That play does show a bit of Cole's BBIQ. I mean, who does that? I am not going to say that that one play defines a career, but that's day one rec league stuff.
    To be fair, something close to that happens 50 times a year and refs don't call it. It was a brain fart, but his is not one of the lower IQ guys on this team, thats for sure

Thread Information