Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Norris Cole to Pels

We haven't had a solid number two guy behind Jrue we now have that I believe so we are better of than we were .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    I wish we did a straight evans for chandler swap, he was on the market.. don't see why chandler + someone else to Pels for Evans wouldn't have been a good trade for both teams in the long run, i think if Jrue was healthy, evans would of been gone
    Of course you did. Do you realize that most fans think you are crazy if you want to trade Evans for anything other than second best player on a playoff contending team? Of course not, you have an agenda to be proven right just like someone else on this board about AD. You will end up looking like a fool in the long run like other said poster.

Quit hating and embrace that he isn't perfect but perfect with AD.

I like that at worst he can hold the ship together while Jrue is out and at best we might be able to get him for cheap this summer as a backup.

I'm not under the impression that he will get 3m/yr offers so I don't see us picking up his QO. Doesn't mean we won't do something like we did with Aminu however.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    There is nothing in Cole's recent numbers that should be able to sell any of us. But lets not forget, the same could be (and was) said about Q-Pon when we got him.

Cole is the only guy on this team who has played major minutes in a Finals game and has earned championship rings. He is intense on the defensive end and now has something to prove. He also is coming from a smart team that communicates on defense. Sounds a lot like Q-Pon. He too might become a guy who is more than his numbers for this young, inexperienced team.
    He will bring stability to the second team which is what I've been asking about for a long time. It will be refreshing to see a veteran PG control the game when the second team plays (which is why we gave up alot of leads in the 3rd quarter) instead of having them run around like chickens with their head cut off. And what's better is that he can shot the 3 ball. I'm all in for this trade.

Michael Kinney ?@EyeAmTruth
    Thunder has acquired a 2016 protected second round draft pick from the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for guard Ish Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    He will bring stability to the second team which is what I've been asking about for a long time. It will be refreshing to see a veteran PG control the game when the second team plays (which is why we gave up alot of leads in the 3rd quarter) instead of having them run around like chickens with their head cut off. And what's better is that he can shot the 3 ball. I'm all in for this trade.
    I agree with all but that he can shoot the three. 30 percent isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Michael Kinney ?@EyeAmTruth
    Thunder has acquired a 2016 protected second round draft pick from the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for guard Ish Smith.
    and it looks like the Pels got a protected 2015 pick from the Thunder. No clue on the protections. Might be two fake picks (protected through #55)
    @mcnamara247

Royce Young @royceyoung ยท 6m 6 minutes ago
    OKC also announces Ish Smith, 2015 protected second, rights to Latavious Williams + cash sent to Pels for a protected 2016 second rounder.

who the hell is latavious williams? lol

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    He is a guy whose 'rights' we will trade in a future deal. You always need to send something out so having rights to some random guy is always useful

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	5887

gotcha, thanks

Me likey likey the Norris Cole pick up ALOT

Cole for salmons is highway robbery
    I agree. Dell turned a non-contributor into a backup PG. This is a small, but excellent move by Dell.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I like the Norris Cole deal a lot. Cole has played well for the Heat. I never liked the Heat much, but they're on TV a lot so you get to see their players a decent bit. Plus, even if you don't like him, how can you complain? All we lost was Salmons. At least Cole will get minutes on a regular basis. Before AND after Holiday returns. So it's perfect.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I hope this threat pushes Jimmer to produce better than he is. Cole>Jimmer, however not by much. If a Jimmer can find his shot Jimmer>Cole.
    How is he better? I mean he isn't better offensively Even with Jimmer struggling to hit 3s this year and Jimmer has been pretty good defensively.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Jimmer still on this team? Thank goodness we won't have to see him on the court anymore. . .best part of the Cole trade - nails his butt to the bench.
    Haven't you said this with every player the Pels have brought is to replace Jimmer only to have Jimmer out play them? Jimmer can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    How is he better? I mean he isn't better offensively Even with Jimmer struggling to hit 3s this year and Jimmer has been pretty good defensively.
    There is another side of the court and Cole is much better on that end. Also, Cole's Assist to TO ratio in the half court is elite per Synergy. Jimmer has literally not done one thing well this year, on either side of the ball.

Factor in experience and intangibles and it truly is a landslide.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    How does a seemingly great player like Isaiah Thomas end up on 3 teams so quickly.
    He plays selfish basketball and that doesn't lead to winning if you are the point guard.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Me likey likey the Norris Cole pick up ALOT
    Until he proves his worth here, I'll just have to be content that we didn't give up much to get him....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    There is another side of the court and Cole is much better on that end. Also, Cole's Assist to TO ratio in the half court is elite per Synergy. Jimmer has literally not done one thing well this year, on either side of the ball.

Factor in experience and intangibles and it truly is a landslide.
    Better defender, worse on the offensive end.....Yeah, landslide

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    He plays selfish basketball and that doesn't lead to winning if you are the point guard.
    Like a ball pounder? I guess his size is a factor as well.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Like a ball pounder? I guess his size is a factor as well.
    Yeah, dribble the ball for 18 seconds and then look for his own shot. He is also a terrible defender.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Well there goes Smith.

Banned
    He was Pelicanish

Thread Information