Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Norris Cole to Pels

Cole for salmons is highway robbery

Banned
    Jimmer will make sure all the new people know their positions before he sits. His Mormon spirit is strong.

Now, Cole is another effort player, similar to Douglas. It isn't easy to come in here and play along side Reke and Anderson type players. It will be interesting to see how he reacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    What is a minor piece.
    Jimmer?

Norris Cole to Pels

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Amen to that man. Now if only we'd been able to package jimmer and send him to idk, haiti, then eternal bliss. But i'm still ok with the trade as it is
    Jimmer still on this team? Thank goodness we won't have to see him on the court anymore. . .best part of the Cole trade - nails his butt to the bench.

Banned
    How does a seemingly great player like Isaiah Thomas end up on 3 teams so quickly.

How soon before Norris Cole gets in the court can we expect to see him play tomorrow night ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    How soon before Norris Cole gets in the court can we expect to see him play tomorrow night ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everyone has to pass physicals. I'm sure every team is pushing for asap. It's a lot of players though.

so do we have still this memphis second rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    It wasn't said to be in the trade so yeah I'd have to assume so. We really did just trade John Salmons and got 4 players back.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    I highly doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if another player is involved from our team and just not reported yet.

The New Orleans Advocate's story on the trade.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...e-john-salmons
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

I hope this threat pushes Jimmer to produce better than he is. Cole>Jimmer, however not by much. If a Jimmer can find his shot Jimmer>Cole.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

dont get your hopes up, Austin Rivers is statistically having a better season than Norris Cole

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Collison
    Waiters
    Morrow
    Kanter

or

Ryno
    Tyreke
    Q-Pon
    Cole?

Are we basing this on Jrue being at full health, and Ryno not playing like poo? If we are looking at it as presented its a toss up.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Are we basing this on Jrue being at full health, and Ryno not playing like poo? If we are looking at it as presented its a toss up.
    add Singler and Augustin to that bench and theyre much better

Can't wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    dont get your hopes up, Austin Rivers is statistically having a better season than Norris Cole
    In what? Only thing I could fine where Rivers was clear cut better was TO%. They are basically dead even in every shooting category, with Cole having a much better assist % and Rivers a better TO%.

To me it's basically getting QPon for free then if the only asset we really gave up has just been replaced by a guy who is on a cheaper contract and puts up almost identical numbers.

Banned
    Unfortunately they are pretty close in Free throw shooting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    In what? Only thing I could fine where Rivers was clear cut better was TO%. They are basically dead even in every shooting category, with Cole having a much better assist % and Rivers a better TO%.

To me it's basically getting QPon for free then if the only asset we really gave up has just been replaced by a guy who is on a cheaper contract and puts up almost identical numbers.
    Yeh but, rivers is averaging more points in less minutes, so if youre looking for great offensive production, most likely not gonna get it, unless he suits our system well.. that being said his won a few championships so we finally have that exp.

There is nothing in Cole's recent numbers that should be able to sell any of us. But lets not forget, the same could be (and was) said about Q-Pon when we got him.

Cole is the only guy on this team who has played major minutes in a Finals game and has earned championship rings. He is intense on the defensive end and now has something to prove. He also is coming from a smart team that communicates on defense. Sounds a lot like Q-Pon. He too might become a guy who is more than his numbers for this young, inexperienced team.
    @mcnamara247

I wish we did a straight evans for chandler swap, he was on the market.. don't see why chandler + someone else to Pels for Evans wouldn't have been a good trade for both teams in the long run, i think if Jrue was healthy, evans would of been gone

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Yeh but, rivers is averaging more points in less minutes, so if youre looking for great offensive production, most likely not gonna get it, unless he suits our system well.. that being said his won a few championships so we finally have that exp.
    So one stat is all it takes to say Rivers is having a statistically better season? lol.

Who is even asking for offensive production from our backup PG? We are looking for a guy who can pass, set players up, and defend. We basically got a better true PG who has a ton more experience and has played for Champions. Is it GOAT? No. But for only Salmons? Heck Yes.

Banned
    That is a net win on anyone's book.

Hopefully, he wasn't a coattail player.
    Last edited by Asteptooslow; 02-19-2015 at 07:16 PM.

I like that Cole has experience being on a team that had a lot of ball handlers in Dwade and Bosh...will need to get used to that here

I like that he plays defense. I think we got our Corey Joseph with inside game verse outside.

Thread Information