Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Norris Cole to Pels

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    They have a bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    IMO

We now have a better bench than OKC, even after the trades.
    Idk... they have some solid role players on that team now.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    You and I have different interpretations of the moves. I am not opposed to them, but I don't think they sway things in any particular direction other than some increased value and more flexibility in the future.
    I'm don't think they sway anything but we are a better team than doing nothing. Especially since we gave up nothing.

I still think OKC > NO based off of them having Durant and Westbrook while we only have AD and a bunch of jokers.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Cole, Gordon, Cunningham, AD, and Asik as your starters with Evans, Ryno, and Q-Pon off the bench is a pretty good team. Not to mention when Holiday comes back we will actually have another ball handler and point guard to run the second team! It's going to be awesome to see the second team not look like chickens with their heads cut off!

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Cole, Gordon, Cunningham, AD, and Asik as your starters with Evans, Ryno, and Q-Pon off the bench is a pretty good team. Not to mention when Holiday comes back we will actually have another ball handler and point guard to run the second team! It's going to be awesome to see the second team not look like chickens with their heads cut off!
    Gonna go on a limb and say Reke starts until Jrue's return. Could be wrong but don't see Monty starting Cole.

If we buy out Hamilton so what, if we keep him though, Withey has competition.

I like it. No harm, no foul.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I don't know I kind of liked the idea of having Williams, but whatever. Cole is gonna help this team short term and long term. We get a good backup point guard for Jrue next season.

Don't see us making the playoffs, so I'm already looking to next season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I would love to see Reke off the bench w/ Q-pon, Anderson & Babbitt standing on the lines ! Along w/ Ajinca> Hell, we wont be able to stop anybody, but we sure as hell can score quick !

http://bigeasybeliever.com/2015/02/1...ris-cole-heat/ my attempt at covering the meat of this insane deadline for the Pels..

Cole, Hamilton & Williams for Salmons.....and Ish Smith for minor pieces??

http://theadvocate.com/sports/pelica...e-john-salmons

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2740 View Post
    Idk... they have some solid role players on that team now.
    Collison
    Waiters
    Morrow
    Kanter

or

Ryno
    Tyreke
    Q-Pon
    Cole?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I still think OKC > NO based off of them having Durant and Westbrook while we only have AD and a bunch of jokers.
    And yet we've won the season series.

I still think OKC more likely to get the playoff spot, only cause they don't have play us again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Cole, Hamilton & Williams for Salmons.....and Ish Smith for minor pieces??

http://theadvocate.com/sports/pelica...e-john-salmons
    What is a minor piece.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We're not getting in the playoffs without holiday. Jrue is so much better than our other guards on defense and FT percentage. We'll need Jrue if we want the playoffs. I hope he can come back. I have a feeling they'll hold him back even more than 3 weeks. Whatever it takes let him get healthy. He's the 2nd best on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    We're not getting in the playoffs without holiday. Jrue is so much better than our other guards on defense and FT percentage. We'll need Jrue if we want the playoffs. I hope he can come back. I have a feeling they'll hold him back even more than 3 weeks. Whatever it takes let him get healthy. He's the 2nd best on this team.
    What if I told you:

that we got to the playoffs then had a well rested Jrue ready to play?

Well look at this. I step away for a few hours and come back to Cole being on the team.

I'm sorry but ANY trade that gives us a backup of for Salmons is a huge win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Well look at this. I step away for a few hours and come back to Cole being on the team.

That's my take on this as well. This feels like a zero-risk trade.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

This is how I feel.

A good show me period for Cole. If he looks good, we can give him the QO and keep him for another year. If not, no harm, no foul
    @mcnamara247

Getting Cole creates more stability at PG. he's a good defender. If Jrue comes back I will be happy to have Cole in the backup role. He'll probably perform better having AD, Ryno, Gordon to work with. I'm happy with the move.

Cole
    Qpon
    Cunningham
    Ryno
    AD

Would be interesting...
    Also you never know, we could see:

Cole
    Gordon
    Tyreke
    AD
    Asik

The saddest part of the trade is now I have no one to call Salmonella when he plays a few minutes every couple weeks.

The saddest part of the trade is now I have no one to call Salmonella when he plays a few minutes every couple weeks.
    We don't have Salmonella anymore. actually salmons sucks and we got a young PG who is capable of helping this team.

Amen to that man. Now if only we'd been able to package jimmer and send him to idk, haiti, then eternal bliss. But i'm still ok with the trade as it is

Thread Information