Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Good article from Jimmy Smith on trade deadline

Good article from Jimmy Smith on trade deadline

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...e_deadlin.html

Out of all the pelican writers, he is probably my favorite. Love how he refuses to sugarcoat things and won't back off our horrendous management. My not be what you want to hear, but it is the sad truth.

Jimmy Smith is an absolute joke.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

The thread title really threw me off... It's like an oxymoron, but worse, because it's about Jimmy Smith.

This dude sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    This dude sucks!
    Yeah Norris Cole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post

Out of all the pelican writers, he is probably my favorite. Love how he refuses to sugarcoat things and won't back off our horrendous management. My not be what you want to hear, but it is the sad truth.
    Okay Jimmy why are you trolling this board ? Well, if you didn't know I'll tell you. Jimmy your coverage of the Pelicans and the NBA suck.

Jimmy is that you?

LOL Smith the eternal-pessimist

He's so butthurt it hurts me

No mention of Phx giving up most of their big man rotation.

Worst article ever.

Still 2 firsts for injury prone Jrue doesn't look too flash now.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Jimmy smith is clueless as to how a team is put together. I have yet to ever get any meaningful insight from his articles. I miss Deshaz at this point.

He does have a point about our propensity to trade away first round picks. We traded one for Bayless, 2 for Holliday, 1 for Asik. The front office has been here for all of 5 years and the only draft pick they have to show for it is AD. Color me unimpressed with their use of draft picks.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Ugh just what I thought we'd see. More eternal optimists who hate anyone who gives an honest opinion of the team. Start being real with yourselves, this team is not going anywheres. WE ARE WASTING ANTHONY DAVIS.Get rid of the current group of idiots and find someone who can fix this mess. The more people we have like Jimmy Smith telling it how it is the better.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    He does have a point about our propensity to trade away first round picks. We traded one for Bayless, 2 for Holliday, 1 for Asik. The front office has been here for all of 5 years and the only draft pick they have to show for it is AD. Color me unimpressed with their use of draft picks.
    I find it hard to fault his assessment of what OKC might have done....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I think his OKC take was spot on. Those moves don't just move needles, they move win/loss records.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I think his OKC take was spot on. Those moves don't just move needles, they move win/loss records.
    OKC are going to do major damage from here on out.

I like them as good as anyone in the west now.

Ugh just what I thought we'd see. More eternal optimists who hate anyone who gives an honest opinion of the team. Start being real with yourselves, this team is not going anywheres. WE ARE WASTING ANTHONY DAVIS.Get rid of the current group of idiots and find someone who can fix this mess. The more people we have like Jimmy Smith telling it how it is the better.
    So jimmy,what did the pels FO do to you to make you troll them all the time?

You can tell us we're friends here.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

Not with scott brooks running things

I have found that people on this board are very accepting of Pels criticism if it is well written, researched, and balanced.

The problem with Smith, IMO, is not that he isn't positive about our team. It is his inability to develop solid points/arguments and his knack for conveniently leaving facts out (lack of balance) and/or straight up getting the facts wrong.

Lowe has said similar things and the board is fine with it. Because he does it well.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    The guy with a .660+ win percentage the last six years? They have won in spite of him before. Don't know why it would change now.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I have found that people on this board are very accepting of Pels criticism if it is well written, researched, and balanced.

The problem with Smith, IMO, is not that he isn't positive about our team. It is his inability to develop solid points/arguments and his knack for conveniently leaving facts out (lack of balance) and/or straight up getting the facts wrong.

Lowe has said similar things and the board is fine with it. Because he does it well.
    Pretty much

Smith comes across as whiny and way too pessimistic. He almost never says anything decent about the pels and looks at the glass half empty.

His beef with the FO doesn't help

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Yeah because we have the right to talk about other teams head coaches with super genius Monty running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

I am glad we are done with them now because with the moves they made I doubt we even go .500 against them.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The guy with a .660+ win percentage the last six years? They have won in spite of him before. Don't know why it would change now.
    The ISO/hero ball BS won't work against sophisticated teams deep in the playoffs.

Yeah they have monsters like KD/Russ but their offense concerns me.

Yeah because we have the right to talk about other teams head coaches with super genius Monty running the show.
    I'm not a fan of monty at all

Thread Information