Pelicans Report

Thread: Offsides with Fletch

Offsides with Fletch

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/...81050#galleria

So what happens in two months when the season ends and the Pelicans miss the playoffs?

Given what I know, I think Loomis will part ways with Demps.

Loomis will bring on Louisianian Joe Dumars to run the Pelicans.

Lmao great GIF.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I just want 45+ wins
    never assume

Yeah dumars has had some great success in recent seasons

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    He's like Jimmy Smith in that they seem to have little to no contacts within the organization, so they just go by what others are saying at the bar while watching tv. The "well, he is from Louisiana" arguments need to cease.

Offsides with Fletch

I really like what Demps has done outside of giving a first for Asik ( think it should have been protected better at least) and drafting Rivers ( although i think Monty had a big hand in that). Not having those first round picks has set us back a little but he redeemed himself a little by getting Qpon for Rivers.

If this rumor is true, as well as the rumor that Dell and Monty don't see eye to eye on the direction of the team, then i would hope that Dumars hires a new coach as first order of business.

Edit: I forgot about the CP3 trade. Was a huge miss but maybe will be worth it if we are able to sign Durant when Gordon comes off the books.
    Last edited by Sleeper; 02-20-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I really like what Demps has done outside of giving a first for Asik ( think it should have been protected better at least) and drafting Rivers ( although i think Monty had a big hand in that). Not having those first round picks has set us back a little but he redeemed himself a little by getting Qpon for Rivers.

If this rumor is true, as well as the rumor that Dell and Monty don't see eye to eye on the direction of the team, then i would hope that Dumars hires a new coach as first order of business.

Edit: I forgot about the CP3 trade. Was a huge miss but maybe will be worth it if we are able to sign Durant when Gordon comes off the books.
    Why do people think this is actually going to happen? Its not.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Sometimes we Louisianians can be too nepotistic...

Quote Originally Posted by DaBrow View Post
    "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!" --KG

Quote Originally Posted by DaBrow View Post
    Well please explain why it's not possible.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    He didn't say it's impossible. He said it's not going to happen.
    Wherehappens.

Personally I like Dumars and this he'd do well with our roster moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    He didn't say it's impossible. He said it's not going to happen.
    Isn't that same thing as impossible?

Offsides with Fletch

He can explain as much as he wants, but no one knows what team Durant wants to sign for except Durant....I could argue at this moment Durant probably doesn't even know who he wants to sign with. He is focused on trying to make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not even close.

I really like Dell, playoffs or bust just isn't fair. He has no control over injuries. If there is a change it should be Monty, keep in mind Dell has never gotten the opportunity to hire his own HC
    ITS A UNIBROW UNIVERSE

It's possible that I might win the lottery today. But I'm not.

It sucks that Rivers sucked, but blaming Dell for picking him is a little Silly. Here were the consensus picks lingering at pick 10:

Myers Leonard
    Tyler Zeller
    Kendall Marshall
    Jeremy Lamb

It's a lose-lose-lose-lose. We weren't drafting henson, who played the same position, nor Jones, who played the same position.

So to recap some of the posters in this thread:
    - Demps isn't as good a GM as Dumars
    - Durant is maybe not likely to sign here, but it is reasonable to think he will.
    - Demps is to blame for Rivers being poor and the haul of the CP3 trade.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I definitely disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Thread Information