Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jrue Out For At Least Three More Weeks

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Curse you, merciful Poseidon!

They actually changed medical staffs this year...

I think Jon Ishop went to the Pistons in the offseason

Dell is better than what we have had before. They made some horrible decisions in the past. 2 of the dumbest moves were going out and giving James Posey and Morris Peterson. 2 totally moronic moves. In 08 when we lost to the Spurs we had cap room and we did not have to go out and give James Posey money. Its like they said "OK we have cap room lets go give James Posey a guy who just makes big shots 7 or 8 million a year. TOTALLY STUPID. Morris Peterson, one dimensional player BIG TIME. Never understood that move either. Emeka Okafor, dumb move also!!!

Doesn't come as a surprise to me at all. There has been very little updates on Jrue and this result will lead to him being shutdown for the year. It's hard for me to be positive on the Jrue trade when he isn't playing half the year for us. I know we have had issues with Gordon but back to back years is frustrating. AD is still growing into his body and will have nicks as he goes so I am not worried there.
    Two out comes im looking for aside from making the playoffs are:
    1) we sell high on Evans or gordon and get value for them
    2) gordon balls out the rest of the year and decides to decline his option and hits the free agent market

WELP. Return of the Tank?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

redic

would it had been better if we just broke it before and let it heal?

I don't really know why people want demps gone. Sure he's not been perfect and the gordon choice while understandable has crippled us but how many better gms are out there? I actually have liked what he's done for the franchise, much more than what monty's done anyway

what a joke. he was relatively healthy in philly, comes here and turns into Eric Gordon.
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And don't forget, that 11-12 season was only 66 games, so he only missed one that year. Five total in the three years before he joined us. Was as durable as they come.
    Wow...

So who's in charge of retaining the medical staff? Is that ownership or management?

"re-aggravated"....in other words his Leg will need to be amputated and he is done for-ev-er.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    "re-aggravated"....in other words his Leg will need to be amputated and he is done for-ev-er.
    This is depressing...

Can I change my name

Lies.....all lies.

He was never ready to go.
    If they announced that Jrue was done for the season from the beginning fans would automatically
    lose hope of playoffs and that means $$$ for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Lies.....all lies.

He was never ready to go.
    If they announced that Jrue was done for the season from the beginning fans would automatically
    lose hope of playoffs and that means $$$ for the team.
    This is the popular route - the conspiracy route is always fun. But I highly doubt it.

If Dell knew Holiday would be out this long, he would have traded for Mo or Jameer, not trotted in a bunch of 10 day guys
    @mcnamara247

This is the popular route - the conspiracy route is always fun. But I highly doubt it.

If Dell knew Holiday would be out this long, he would have traded for Mo or Jameer, not trotted in a bunch of 10 day guys
    Well he's an idiot thinking that either Jrue or Eric were going to play out the rest of the season.
    If he could have traded and I doubt he could of........he's still an idiot if he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedPelican View Post
    They actually changed medical staffs this year...

I think Jon Ishop went to the Pistons in the offseason
    they didn't change staffs, one member of the staff changed
    never assume

Watch Dell make a stupid desperate trade now that Jrue is done for the year.

Well he's an idiot thinking that either Jrue or Eric were going to play out the rest of the season.
    If he could have traded and I doubt he could of........he's still an idiot if he didn't.
    I think it cost Charlotte like a 2019 2nd rounder for Mo and Daniels, so I am sure he could have pulled off something.

And I agree - I said it for weeks that it would be foolish to be optimistic in this situation, but that has been Dell's biggest downfall IMO since coming here. He is an optimist. He had optimism bias with the Gordon situation, thought they could coach up guys like Rivers and Aminue, etc.

Hard to fault a man for being an optimist, but I think it will cost him his job at the end of the day sadly

Remember this article on Dell's Optimism Bias? Still playing out today.

I would guarantee the most successful people in the major sports are realists, not optimists.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/er...as/?src=mobile

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Watch Dell make a stupid desperate trade now that Jrue is done for the year.
    He only has like 30 minutes to do it. So, if he does, it would almost definitely be a lopsided one.

He'd have to really pull some supervillain shenanigans to avoid screwing us over just to make some flaccid playoff push.

Inflammation injuries are the worst, its expected they never go away, this has to be recurring from last years.. i have inflammation injuries in both my knees and my Achilles and i've failed to rehab enough for either to completely be dismissed, Jrue has a big issue on his hands

And if he had time left on his contract, I could see him staying. But they won't have to fire him - they will just have to not re-sign him and while that seems like semantics, it is very different.

Hard to see him getting a new contract, and it is sad because it would be one thing if his vision failed on the court. But the bad luck is just something else entirely
    If he doesn't get a new contract, who do you think is the most likely candidate to replace him?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    If he doesn't get a new contract, who do you think is the most likely candidate to replace him?
    I honestly don't know. Dumars or Avery seem like the most likely names that people will be familiar with. But if they really open it up and go and get the best, smartest guy then it will be someone none of us know

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    He only has like 30 minutes to do it. So, if he does, it would almost definitely be a lopsided one.

He'd have to really pull some supervillain shenanigans to avoid screwing us over just to make some flaccid playoff push.
    22 hours and 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Tomorrow is the deadline. He has almost 24 hours...

yeah what MM said. Beat me to it

Thread Information