Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jrue Out For At Least Three More Weeks

Honestly at this point... we just have to hope it's not something truly chronic. We had a small shot at the playoffs which is now all but gone; the biggest blow is not gaining chemistry. I guess Dell is probably gone which might not be the worst thing in the world. I don't think he's a bad GM but hopefully we can fix this hierarchy problem we have among management; bring in a new GM, have him evaluate Monty, get everyone on the same page.

Before nola jrue missed a total of 5 games in 3 seasons with philly, this is ridiculous

After listening to Jared Dudley on the Lowe Post I believe that a good medical staff makes a world of differnce. It appears the Pelicans do not have one given our history of injuries dating back to the Baron Mashburn days. I cant remember one stretch of games where we have had our starters healthy over tha past 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by kdalw1 View Post
    After listening to Jared Dudley on the Lowe Post I believe that a good medical staff makes a world of differnce. It appears the Pelicans do not have one given our history of injuries dating back to the Baron Mashburn days. I cant remember one stretch of games where we have had our starters healthy over tha past 10 years.
    I agree - several things about that pod made me sick. I am happy for Dudley, but hearing him tell that story all I could think was that if he would have came here, he would have never gotten that knee right.

I think there are staffs that make a difference and ones that are status quo. Not necessarily bad ones, just ones that don't go above and beyond. We have one of the latter
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oh. I forgot what the day was.

Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Before nola jrue missed a total of 5 games in 3 seasons with philly, this is ridiculous
    That's what I'm saying. It was the same case with Eric Gordon. Please don't let them touch AD or he's going to become the next freaking Johnathan Bender!

At this point, i would highly considered to trade Jrue Holiday. Its just truly sad and unfortunate, but stress fractures can be tricky and have long term implications. Man this news really ruined my day.

Dell should trade him for a young vet or a draft pick IMO. Not a Dragic who is running up in age and will be declining soon. He had one fluke season and people is praising him to high. We all have to think of AD's Robin long term. Someone who will come in help run the team when AD have off nights or etc.

Man this reallly sucks....
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by PhilJFry View Post
    Honestly at this point... we just have to hope it's not something truly chronic. We had a small shot at the playoffs which is now all but gone; the biggest blow is not gaining chemistry. I guess Dell is probably gone which might not be the worst thing in the world. I don't think he's a bad GM but hopefully we can fix this hierarchy problem we have among management; bring in a new GM, have him evaluate Monty, get everyone on the same page.
    It would mean the world if its someone like Joe Dumars. If we let go Dell, it has to be someone better, not worse.

This is the most pathetic news ever.

So any news on Ryno returning? If jrue is our only guy out, I think we will be ok (not saying we will make playoffs - but that was always a long shot anyway). Reke running point with EG, and DC at the 3, AD and Asik. It isn't the worst starting lineup we've put out....remember when we had aminu, stiemsma and BRob last season as 3 of our starters.....

I'm keen to see more from dig dug douglas, along with qpon, ryno, ajinca, jimmer, withey, babbitt our bench also isn't as bad as it once was. I'd really like to see the team round out the season missing minimal games from everyone not named Jrue.

So assuming we don't make any moves by tomorrow's deadline and Jrue misses the rest of the season, I think this would be our best bet with a healthy roster:

Asik/Ajinca/Withey
    AD/Ryno/Cunningham
    Q-Pon/Babbit/Cunningham
    EG/Douglas/Salmons
    Tyreke/Jimmer

This is horrible news and I want Monty fired because of it.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I give up.
    My first thoughts when I came to PR and read this.

My emotions right now want the team to just shut Holiday down for the season, put him on the trading block for scraps and give Tyreke the reigns of starting PG. If like 6 weeks of inactivity didn't help this injury heal, then what will an additional 3 do honestly? I have a gut feeling this will be chronic. With our injury luck why wouldn't it be?

/jumps off ledge
    /end vent session

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    put him on the trading block for scraps
    Hypothetically speaking ...Would you trade him for, say, Noel at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Abitabove View Post
    Hypothetically speaking ...Would you trade him for, say, Noel at this point?
    I actually thought about that earlier. Nerlens Noel looks really good right about now. And I hate myself for saying that and feel sickened that Bill Simmons and the rest of the miscellaneous NBA media that shallowly opposed the Jrue trade will probably be able to say "I TOLD YOU SO!!" by default because of dumb injury luck.

What a shame. So he will miss at least 12 games with 29 remaining. Hopefully, someone has checked his vitamin D level.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The team is going to step it up. Be prepared for the REKE EXPLOSION. You heard it here first. REKETIME is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    The team is going to step it up. Be prepared for the REKE EXPLOSION. You heard it here first. REKETIME is coming.
    Haha. Reke will bring his A game. Im confident about that. I think he will puy up some crazy numbers and fill up the box scores but we still don't make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    I actually thought about that earlier. Nerlens Noel looks really good right about now. And I hate myself for saying that and feel sickened that Bill Simmons and the rest of the miscellaneous NBA media that shallowly opposed the Jrue trade will probably be able to say "I TOLD YOU SO!!" by default because of dumb injury luck.
    Looks really good? Last five games he's averaged 9-6.6-1.8blks-2+ turns. and has a PER of 12. AND that was playing 30+ min a game. The guy hasnt done anything in the league since hes been in it. Besides maybe averaging a decent amount of blocks. Comparing him to Jrue's success is stupid, and it wouldnt even be a question if he wasnt suffering from a string of injuries.

Banned
    It's funny he seems to be he new Shawn Bradley as far as Dunk Highlights go.

Dear Lord (obligatory post of the day)

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Will someone
    PLEASE LIFT THE VOODOO CURSE ON THIS FRANCHISE?!

Also Tyreke's about to avg 30/10/5. (or something similar)
    He went off at the end of last season as well.

There's still a chance we can get that 8th seed, given the similar inconsistency of Phoenix/OKC.
    However, I won't jump off a cliff if we don't make it.

Is the Smoothie King Arena built over a cemetery?
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by DaBrow View Post
    Comparing him to Jrue's success is stupid, and it wouldnt even be a question if he wasnt suffering from a string of injuries.
    That was my point, I wasn't considering on court performance. Noel is on the court at least as a warm body unlike Jrue. Some writers have used Jrue's not being on the court as a springboard to advance the idea that we lost that trade, which I agree is stupid, but if this is a chronic injury then that shoe will surely fit.

And as I prefaced, I'm just on a frustrated, emotional low right now. No logic involved.

Thread Information