Pelicans Report

Thread: Moe Harless avaliable for minimal return

Moe Harless avaliable for minimal return

I remembered how much he was loved here. It looks like he was improving playing good D and knocking down the 3. But they drafted Gordon and have Harris so it looks like they are giving up on hIm. I wonder iF a second or withey would get it done.

https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/sta...932224516?s=09

1-6

Question: If he was traded here for Withey lets say, would he get a single minute?

Would Monty give him developmental minutes over DC or Q-Pon?

We all know the answer to this question.
    @mcnamara247

A month or 2 ago one of the Orlando beat writers said he fell out of the rotation in large part because of an inconsistent motor. He might not get minutes over Babbitt if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    A month or 2 ago one of the Orlando beat writers said he fell out of the rotation in large part because of an inconsistent motor. He might not get minutes over Babbitt if that's true.
    Exactly. Not to mention lack of productivity.

Why does Orlando have to be so Harkless?

The Franchise    Contributor   

Except that we know Withey is not part of the future, and neither is Luke or salmons, and we don't know Dante will be back, wouldn't mind somebody who showed some flashes that's on a cheap rookie deal -assuming they are 'giving him away'

The Franchise
    I was one that wanted him and I'd be willing to give him a shot for cheap. Regardless of what he's done in Orlando as long as he has some upside I'm all for it. I wouldn't expect much playing time this year but the rest of this year and the summer should get him up to speed for next year and he should be another great deal and could be a good 2nd stringer.

I could forsee Qpon at the 2, Harkless at the 3, and Cunningham at the 4 (if resign). If Qpon and Cunningham can rub off some of their hustle mentality on him it could be an awesome pickup.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Maybe he could use a change of scenery. But if he's got issues playing hard, that won't fly anywhere but in the Lakers.

How about this trade?

Orlando gets
    C J. Withey
    SF J. Salmons
    Memphis 2015 2nd round pick

New Orleans gets
    SF M. Harkless
    PF A. Nicholson

Orlando gets a better developmental center prospect and a 2nd round pick for 2 players that have fallen out of their rotation. We get Harkless, who still has upside to be developed as a backup SF. Q Pon plays more SG, and Nicholson becomes our 5th big.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    How about this trade?

Orlando gets
    C J. Withey
    SF J. Salmons

New Orleans gets
    SF M. Harkless
    PF A. Nicholson

Orlando gets a better developmental center prospect and a 2nd round pick for 2 players that have fallen out of their rotation. We get Harkless, who still has upside to be developed as a backup SF. Q Pon plays more SG, and Nicholson becomes our 5th big.
    That's just eating up an additional 5.3 million in cap space next year for guys we won't play. We can get minimum guys to be our 11th and 12th men. If we were going to put in time to develop these guys, thats one thing, but that is not where we are at currently

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Orlando does have 2players who interest me, but these aren't either of them.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Orlando does have 2players who interest me, but these aren't either of them.....
    Bring in Oladipo, imagine him and davis along side Jrue in the future... wow, bring in a SF that can shoot and you basically have a championship

Sometimes I think guys want us to make a trade just to make a trade. Say no to Moe.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I was interested few months ago, but he's not what we need at this moment and likely won't get playing time. We have qpon and dc now. We would be making a move just because. I'd like to grab a backup pg who can score.

I've been on the harkless train for awhile, good defender, very athletic, can hit the 3, still young and had tons of upside.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I was interested few months ago, but he's not what we need at this moment and likely won't get playing time. We have qpon and dc now. We would be making a move just because. I'd like to grab a backup pg who can score.
    Agree. I'd say backup point is a major need now. I wish we could have a guy like Jarret Jack.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    How about this trade?

Orlando gets
    C J. Withey
    SF J. Salmons

New Orleans gets
    SF M. Harkless
    PF A. Nicholson

i would love this, make nicholson our new backup PF, trade ryno, let quincy start and have mo off the bench

Thread Information