Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline ERMEHGERD Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    How about this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lotur4f

We get: C. Hayes (expiring), Paterson, and K. Middleton

Bucks get: Gordon

Raptors get: Sanders

Bucks get a veteran do-it-all guard to help them during their playoff push, and they get rid of Sanders who doesn't want to be there. Raptors get their defensive/rebounding big that they want. We get Paterson and Middleton for the future, with Hayes as a $6 mil expiring.

I'd also like to see us do something like this (especially since Dragic is reportedly available):

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nhl9m5l

We get: Dragic and PJ Tucker

Suns get: Tyreke Evans and Babbitt

The Suns coach apparently wants 2 guards on the floor at all times that can get to the hole, so Evans is perfect for their scheme. Toss in Babbitt who can play SF or stretch 4 and can shoot the 3, and he is also a good role player type for their scheme.

We get 2 gritty, high I.Q. guys in Dragic and Tucker. Dragic would be a great pairing with Jrue and AD, and Tucker (while limited as a player) would be the perfect SF for us - shoots the 3, defends, and rebounds.

If we could get both of these deals done, next year's roster would look like this:

PG - Jrue, MLE FA like C.J. Watson
    SG - Goran, Middleton/QPon
    SF - Tucker, Middleton/QPon
    PF - AD, Ryno, Patterson
    C - Asik, Ajinca/Withey

That is a hell of a roster, and it also gives us some trade pieces for Durant next off season if we want to try to go that route - he is reportedly a HUGE Anthony Davis fan.
    Lopsided trade
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

I am soooo glad people realize that DC is not the answer long term or short term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The future of the Bucks on the wing is Giannis and Jabari. They also have Ingles as a developmental prospect. On top of that, they will have to pay Knight this summer too

Out of Dudley and Middleton, one will go this summer and maybe both. Would be impossible to give all those guys minutes when healthy. I would obviously take Middleton for the upside, but I wouldn't be upset if we got Dudley this summer. Listening to him on the Lowe podcast and it seems like he is healthy and if you look at what he is doing this year - that is the exact thing we need at SF. Him and Q-Pon sharing those 48 mins would be almost exactly what we need. Plus, he is a terrific veteran leader
    Jared Dudley would be the guy I want the most this offseason. He brings the veteran leadership this team clearly lacks. He understands his role on the team and would assist others in understanding their roles. What he lacks for in length and strength he makes up for in intangibles.
    Im not very optimistic that we could land any of the big name wings aforementioned. So realistically I would be stocked if we could somehow get Dudley.

Bit of a lopsided trade for Suns, but if they were really keen on Gordon a few years back, and willing to trade Zoran for a real SG.. why not

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ptmpxkt

Pelicans get:
    Goran/Zoran Dragic
    Miles Plumlee
    Gallinari

Suns receive:
    Pick from Denver or Pels
    Gordon
    Ajinca

Denver receive:
    Tyreke Evans
    Some pick

Jrue
    Goran
    Gallinari
    Davis
    Asik

I think thats a very evenly spread offensively and defensively starting lineup

Seriously, do we have to post a sticky note? I am trying to not be snooty here, but how is it not common knowledge that the people who tried to sign Gordon in Phoenix are long gone and it is a different regime? Its not only here - I have gotten this same thing asked to me on Twitter a dozen times today.

Please - can you guys help me make this common knowledge? New GM, new basketball ops staff. The people who had interest in Gordon a few years ago for the Suns are LONG GONE.

Lets get the word out.
    @mcnamara247

It appears that Dragic wants to leave Phoenix because he isn't the main ball handler. In other words, he will not be coming here.

The Franchise
    I think regardless of the old vs new regime, they could use a SG and don't want to lose Dragic for nothing. I don't think it will happen but anything can happen and gordon is playing decent. A lot of people have short term memories and only see what's happening right now. Sell high buy low or buy a guy that wants out. Never hurts to inquire worst they could do is tell you no.

@WojYahooNBA: The Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks are among preferred destinations for Goran Dragic, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Alex Kennedy thinks Luol Deng will be dealt. Ryno for Deng? I know he played well for the Bulls but haven't watched him play in awhile. Would he be a good fit?

Seriously, do we have to post a sticky note? I am trying to not be snooty here, but how is it not common knowledge that the people who tried to sign Gordon in Phoenix are long gone and it is a different regime? Its not only here - I have gotten this same thing asked to me on Twitter a dozen times today.

Please - can you guys help me make this common knowledge? New GM, new basketball ops staff. The people who had interest in Gordon a few years ago for the Suns are LONG GONE.

Lets get the word out.
    Even if it was the same regime they still wouldn't want Gordon currently.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Even if it was the same regime they still wouldn't want Gordon currently.
    Oh I know that. But I don't know how many times I have read that "they wanted him before, so they will now."

Sorry, I just want it to be common knowledge that it is a completely different regime so I never have to read that again

Oh I know that. But I don't know how many times I have read that "they wanted him before, so they will now."

Sorry, I just want it to be common knowledge that it is a completely different regime so I never have to read that again
    You shouldn't be sorry. I've literally seen you write this over 20 times.

so they don't want Gordon?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Lets get the word out.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Anyone think another team has offered a single player better than Tyreke Evans or Ryno to Phoenix?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Anyone think another team has offered a single player better than Tyreke Evans or Ryno to Phoenix?
    For... Dragic? Hmm.. Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I doubt it - and I am not a believer that PHX will just take a young guy and a pick for him. That locker room will eat itself. You can't tell a bunch of guys that you are willing to throw in the towel on the playoffs for the future when they are sitting in 8th. That will create so much bad blood

Here's the fairest deal - and you know it is a fair deal when you hesitate to want to do it

Dragic, Green (or Tucker), Goodwin, and Plumlee for Ryno and Tyreke

Could PHX do better than that?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Screw trading for Dragic. We need the Suns medical team.

Not a trade expert so don't kill me MM, but HH rumors on Crawford being shopped. Not sure what Clips want to do, but what about RA for Crawford and Barnes?

Gain 2 for 1 in shooting and I think we get our depth at 2 positions.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Not a trade expert so don't kill me MM, but HH rumors on Crawford being shopped. Not sure what Clips want to do, but what about RA for Crawford and Barnes?

Gain 2 for 1 in shooting and I think we get our depth at 2 positions.
    Is that a long term or a short term solution in your opinion? And if its short term, whats the upside? Does this year matter that much?

Definitely short term. I think we add some depth and shooting at 2 positions when EG isn't in or EG plays the point.
    But if you are looking long term, and we are looking at being out of the race, yeah this does nothing.

I love swinging for the fence idea on Melo, but that I'm sure that was with the assumption of JH being 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Definitely short term. I think we add some depth and shooting at 2 positions when EG isn't in or EG plays the point.
    But if you are looking long term, and we are looking at being out of the race, yeah this does nothing.

I love swinging for the fence idea on Melo, but that I'm sure that was with the assumption of JH being 100%.
    I think the worst thing you can do is combine this terrible Jrue news with the philosophy of making a trade for now. Playoffs aren't happening. They probably weren't even if Jrue came back.

I would hate if Dell did anything with this season in mind

I doubt it - and I am not a believer that PHX will just take a young guy and a pick for him. That locker room will eat itself. You can't tell a bunch of guys that you are willing to throw in the towel on the playoffs for the future when they are sitting in 8th. That will create so much bad blood

Here's the fairest deal - and you know it is a fair deal when you hesitate to want to do it

Dragic, Green (or Tucker), Goodwin, and Plumlee for Ryno and Tyreke

Could PHX do better than that?
    That's too much to give up, IMO, for a guy that could walk in FA. I'd need a guarantee on a deal from Dragic, because you know he's opting out this off-season, and the Lakers are talking about giving him $20 million/year!!! Nah, I'd give them my deal, which is Evans and Babbitt for Dragic and Tucker (or Green).

Take it or leave it.

No way am I trading Evans and Anderson for Dragic, who could be a one year rental. I would not even trade Evans for Dragic straight up, because Dragic likely will not re-sign here next year unless we trade Holiday. My best Dragic trade that works on NBA trade machine is listed below

Pelicans get
    PG G. Dragic (expiring)
    SG G. Green (expiring)
    SG Z. Dragic
    SF R. Bullock
    PF B. Wright (expiring)

Suns get
    PF R. Anderson
    SG E. Gordon
    SG J. Fredette

Lineups with the trade:

Pelicans
    PG G. Dragic, T. Evans, J. Holiday (Likely Out for Season)
    SG G. Green, Q. Pondexter, Z. Dragic
    SF D. Cunningham, L. Babbit, R. Bullock, J. Salmons
    PF A. Davis, B. Wright
    C O. Asik, A. Ajinca, J. Withey

Suns
    PG E. Bledsoe, I. Thomas, T. Ennis
    SG E. Gordon, A. Goodwin, J. Fredette
    SF P. J. Tucker, Marcus Morris, T. J. Warren
    PF Markieff Morris, R. Anderson
    C A. Len, M. Plumlee

Even if Dragic doesn't re-sign next year, we get rid of Gordon, which will give us cap room in the offseason to make moves. I don't believe Anderson is a must have player for a championship team. He is too inconsistent and not a complete player.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 02-18-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Thread Information