Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline ERMEHGERD Thread

One of them tries to create for himself and is the main option while the other hits open jumpers. It's like saying Marco Belinelli is better than Jamal Crawford.

Ross is mainly a 2 trick pony, he can hit 3's, and he can finish in transition. He would be a good fit next to jrue or tyreke, doesn't need the ball, knockdown 3pt shooter, super athletic to run the floor.

also people thinking the raptors would trade valaciunas and T ross for Ryno are insane.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    also people thinking the raptors would trade valaciunas and T ross for Ryno are insane.
    Twitter said it. Must be true.

You're being way too nice.

Dragic may be on the move.. Goran-Jrue backcourt would be tight

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Dragic may be on the move.. Goran-Jrue backcourt would be tight
    ya but u gotta give u tyreke to get him most likely, or ryno and another decent player.

oops wrong thread.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    need to merge these 2 trade deadline threads.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Hoopshype reported today Pelicans are looking for a SF, but aren't looking to trade Ryno for a run of the mill SF.....
    Thank God! Although I wouldn't mind getting Ross and Patterson for Ryno!

Hypothetically, if we can move Gordon for expiring garbage; who do we target this summer? Danny Green? Wes Matthews? Demarre Carroll? Can we realistically expect to get any of those guys?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilJFry View Post
    Hypothetically, if we can move Gordon for expiring garbage; who do we target this summer? Danny Green? Wes Matthews? Demarre Carroll? Can we realistically expect to get any of those guys?
    A big yes to all 3 of those guys. Would say Carroll would be the most likely to move but would require an overpay. Danny Green could probably be had too, while the Blazers will likely do whatever it takes to keep Matthews.

But I feel like we always have to remember this one fact - Dell has never signed another team's UFA for high dollar. He has targeted RFA's and guys under contract. Trading Gordon for an expiring also allows you to make uneven trades next summer.

The fact is that it would be very hard to imagine a scenario in which we get less production out of the 15 million than if we spent it on Gordon
    @mcnamara247

man would i love wes matthews, he gives u gordon's 3pt shooting but also great defense, someone like him, danny green, aaron afflalo would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    A big yes to all 3 of those guys. Would say Carroll would be the most likely to move but would require an overpay. Danny Green could probably be had too, while the Blazers will likely do whatever it takes to keep Matthews.

But I feel like we always have to remember this one fact - Dell has never signed another team's UFA for high dollar. He has targeted RFA's and guys under contract. Trading Gordon for an expiring also allows you to make uneven trades next summer.

The fact is that it would be very hard to imagine a scenario in which we get less production out of the 15 million than if we spent it on Gordon
    I feel like that's plan A in my mind, if possible. All three of these guys are just exactly what we're looking for; off ball wing players that can shoot and defend. Wes Matthews maybe last on that list just because he's expensive. I would be willing to overpay for Green or Carroll though; just purely for fit.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilJFry View Post
    I feel like that's plan A in my mind, if possible. All three of these guys are just exactly what we're looking for; off ball wing players that can shoot and defend. Wes Matthews maybe last on that list just because he's expensive. I would be willing to overpay for Green or Carroll though; just purely for fit.
    I love Danny Green. In a dream world, Gordon goes out and Danny Green and Khris Middleton come in. Asik is re-signed at a decent rate and everyone is relatively healthy the following year! Ah, dreams

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    The more I've thought about it I wouldn't mind reconstructing our wing spots. Keep Reke and Q-Pon, but bring in a new SG and SF.

Preferably one of them being defensive minded but with the ability to knock down a shot, and the other maybe more offensive minded?

I love Danny Green. In a dream world, Gordon goes out and Danny Green and Khris Middleton come in. Asik is re-signed at a decent rate and everyone is relatively healthy the following year! Ah, dreams
    love this dream....i mean idea lol...yes i love it

Wow ....that would be nice.....Hopefully Dell is trolling on this board..lol

that would be incredible. like i said if we land any of wes matthews, green, or carroll I'm coin back flips.

just saw middleton had a def rating of 113 his rookie year, dropped it to 110 last year, and its at 100 right now, wow.

do whatever it takes to sign this guy. also 43% from 3.

any chance middleton could go for the MLE?

any chance middleton could go for the MLE?
    I doubt the Bucks let him walk for that!

The future of the Bucks on the wing is Giannis and Jabari. They also have Ingles as a developmental prospect. On top of that, they will have to pay Knight this summer too

Out of Dudley and Middleton, one will go this summer and maybe both. Would be impossible to give all those guys minutes when healthy. I would obviously take Middleton for the upside, but I wouldn't be upset if we got Dudley this summer. Listening to him on the Lowe podcast and it seems like he is healthy and if you look at what he is doing this year - that is the exact thing we need at SF. Him and Q-Pon sharing those 48 mins would be almost exactly what we need. Plus, he is a terrific veteran leader

The future of the Bucks on the wing is Giannis and Jabari. They also have Ingles as a developmental prospect. On top of that, they will have to pay Knight this summer too

Out of Dudley and Middleton, one will go this summer and maybe both. Would be impossible to give all those guys minutes when healthy. I would obviously take Middleton for the upside, but I wouldn't be upset if we got Dudley this summer. Listening to him on the Lowe podcast and it seems like he is healthy and if you look at what he is doing this year - that is the exact thing we need at SF. Him and Q-Pon sharing those 48 mins would be almost exactly what we need. Plus, he is a terrific veteran leader
    I agree. ...yes, listening to him talk about his past and present situation and his demeanor, it would be a no brainer to bring him here, if we couldn't get Middleton. ...

How about this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lotur4f

We get: C. Hayes (expiring), Paterson, and K. Middleton

Bucks get: Gordon

Raptors get: Sanders

Bucks get a veteran do-it-all guard to help them during their playoff push, and they get rid of Sanders who doesn't want to be there. Raptors get their defensive/rebounding big that they want. We get Paterson and Middleton for the future, with Hayes as a $6 mil expiring.

I'd also like to see us do something like this (especially since Dragic is reportedly available):

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nhl9m5l

We get: Dragic and PJ Tucker

Suns get: Tyreke Evans and Babbitt

The Suns coach apparently wants 2 guards on the floor at all times that can get to the hole, so Evans is perfect for their scheme. Toss in Babbitt who can play SF or stretch 4 and can shoot the 3, and he is also a good role player type for their scheme.

We get 2 gritty, high I.Q. guys in Dragic and Tucker. Dragic would be a great pairing with Jrue and AD, and Tucker (while limited as a player) would be the perfect SF for us - shoots the 3, defends, and rebounds.

If we could get both of these deals done, next year's roster would look like this:

PG - Jrue, MLE FA like C.J. Watson
    SG - Goran, Middleton/QPon
    SF - Tucker, Middleton/QPon
    PF - AD, Ryno, Patterson
    C - Asik, Ajinca/Withey

That is a hell of a roster, and it also gives us some trade pieces for Durant next off season if we want to try to go that route - he is reportedly a HUGE Anthony Davis fan.

Thread Information