Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline ERMEHGERD Thread

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Trade Deadline ERMEHGERD Thread

Feel free to use this thread as a place to post up all the tweets, posts, amateur blog entries you may have found about all things NBA trade deadlinepolooza 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Feel free to use this thread as a place to post up all the tweets, posts, amateur blog entries you may have found about all things NBA trade deadlinepolooza 2015.
    Oops. I just posted in other thread about Terrance Ross being shopped.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Whoops, didn't see that thread.... Haha my bad. Feel free to merge!

Any word on if we are getting Lebron or KD?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    What do you yall think of this. When Sanders gets bought out from the Bucks, sign him and trade Alexis and Salmons for Tayshaun Prince. Didn't run that through trade machine but it can be tweaked to make it work. Thoughts??

Asik/Sanders/Whithey
    Davis/Ryno/Cunninham
    Prince/Q-Pon
    Gordon/Reke/Jimmer
    Holiday/Reke/Jimmer

Don't see the point in bringing him into our lockeroom. What real value will he bring. I also do not believe prince is an upgrade over Qpon or Cunningham. Personally I like having Alexis as our forth big. How motivated would sanders be as a 4th big? Can the staff take on a head case and rebuild him? Or should our efforts be on developing Davis and circling our efforts towards building him and the team around him with quality head on straight players.

Salmons for anybody or anything it doesn't matter.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Any word on if we are getting Lebron or KD?
    Yes.

A back-up SG would be nice......I cant get pass Jimmer on D even if I like watcing him play......if the bench is gonna struggle to score they need to atleast be able to slow people down....and with ryno's d we cant afford another weak guy out there

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

EG to Phoenix for Isaiah Thomas (who they're looking to unload), and PJ Tucker (both for cap purposes and for simply a fair deal). Gordon and Phoenix mutually wanted a max deal not too long ago. His injuries are the biggest flaw in his contract, but Phoenix is known for their medical/training staff.

Anderson or Isaiah becomes our sixth man, our starting lineup improves, we unload some salary, and we gain a bit more talent at SF with a fairly proven guy who can also shoot the 3 as well as Q-Pon can. PHX gets a player who would probably perform better there (enthusiasm and injury prevention) in exchange for a player they no longer want.

Asik/Ajinca/Whithey
    AD/Anderson/Cunningham
    Tucker/Q-Pon (or the reverse)
    Tyreke/Jimmer
    Jrue/Isaiah
    Last edited by Hornets2013; 02-16-2015 at 12:07 PM.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

Hoopshype reported today Pelicans are looking for a SF, but aren't looking to trade Ryno for a run of the mill SF.....

Trade Deadline ERMEHGERD Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Hoopshype reported today Pelicans are looking for a SF, but aren't looking to trade Ryno for a run of the mill SF.....
    Yeah i saw that. That's common sense
    though. What constitutes a run of the mill SF? I guess they are referring to Terrance Ross?
    Last edited by Sleeper; 02-16-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    EG to Phoenix for Isaiah Thomas (who they're looking to unload), and PJ Tucker (both for cap purposes and for simply a fair deal). Gordon and Phoenix mutually wanted a max deal not too long ago. His injuries are the biggest flaw in his contract, but Phoenix is known for their medical/training staff.

Anderson or Isaiah becomes our sixth man, our starting lineup improves, we unload some salary, and we gain a bit more talent at SF with a fairly proven guy who can also shoot the 3 as well as Q-Pon can. PHX gets a player who would probably perform better there (enthusiasm and injury prevention) in exchange for a player they no longer want.

Asik/Ajinca/Whithey
    AD/Anderson/Cunningham
    Tucker/Q-Pon (or the reverse)
    Tyreke/Jimmer
    Jrue/Isaiah
    The group that wanted EG was a different regime altogether

Hope Dell gets T Ross

All-Star
    Let's get Terrence Ross for Ryno, but only if we can get Patterson in that trade.

Ryan for Ross, Patterson and Cabolco/Nogueira

think there might be a better deal out there but wouldnt be bad

Patterson is playing better than Ryno on his own and has an even better contract, so I doubt they would even move him straight up, let alone throw stuff in.

Toronto is looking for a physical front court player because they already have enough finesse on that roster. Ryno does not give them what they need.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    The group that wanted EG was a different regime altogether
    True. Nonetheless, I think it would be a fair trade for both teams. I think it's best to move Gordon while he's maintained his trade value. He's been playing pretty well since he returned from his shoulder injury.

T Ross is not that good... and i watched in since College.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Patterson is playing better than Ryno on his own and has an even better contract, so I doubt they would even move him straight up, let alone throw stuff in.

Toronto is looking for a physical front court player because they already have enough finesse on that roster. Ryno does not give them what they need.
    Asik for Steisma straight up works?

Portland looking for a small forward because of Batum's poor shooting per hoopshype

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I dont think there is any doubt who the better player is, regardless of Patterson being more efficient in a smaller role.

Comparing one player who tries to be the main scorer off the bench to a spot up shooter

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    I dont think there is any doubt who the better player is, regardless of Patterson being more efficient in a smaller role.

Comparing one player who tries to be the main scorer off the bench to a spot up shooter
    How about the other side of the court? Any doubt who is better?

Again, don't believe me - go find a Raptors board. Ask them if they would do Patterson for Ryno straight up. My guess is that 80+ percent would say no. But again, it doesn't matter. It would be a lateral move for them. Like I said, they are looking for a physical presence - hence, the rumors about West and KG.

Thread Information