Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think AD is kind of soft?

this board is ******* stupid sometimes
    never assume

I think he is a bit , I mean you always see LeBron PKAY through injury , and he is always on te floor

Quote Originally Posted by LIL_PELMO View Post
    He never seems to play through injury like Lamarcus is doing. Not even in limited minutes. I know it may be the coach's decision but does anyone think Westbrook is sitting out must win games because of a shoulder strain? I don't.
    You have no clue what his medical situation is or theirs. If you are a physician, which none of your posts indicate you are, you would know that lack data to diagnose, much less give an evaluation.

It is clear the answer to your question is "Yes, someone does: you." I am not sure you are serious, however. It is also possible you are posting for entertainment.

So, I suggest you start studying medicine if that really interests you, figure out better questions, or continue with your quest for entertainment if that is the goal now that you have a clear answer to your question.

Russell Westbrook. Has a dent. in his face fanoq! Tyreke has been playing through injury practically all year. INCLUDING tonight.

Russell Westbrook. Has a dent. in his face fanoq! Tyreke has been playing through injury practically all year. INCLUDING tonight.
    How has Tyreke looked since coming back from his ankle injury?

He has been awful tonight. Can't jump on shots. He is playing. . .but he shouldn't. He also hurt his ankle again while trying to play.

A face injury is not a foot injury.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-19-2015 at 10:23 PM.

He's also had games this season and last where he's looked incredible. and mind you this guy isn't the face of the franchise nor is he a "superstar" by most standards. but he knows we need him and he's gutting it out. True, but a dent in the face?? how painful must that be!? especially as reckless as RW plays. I love AD so lets not get the wrong idea here.and I'm sure the coaches are making the call. But sometimes you have to fall on your sword. Especially during this part of the season. Whats there to save him for?? The offseason?

He's also had games this season and last where he's looked incredible. and mind you this guy isn't the face of the franchise nor is he a "superstar" by most standards. but he knows we need him and he's gutting it out. True, but a dent in the face?? how painful must that be!? especially as reckless as RW plays. I love AD so lets not get the wrong idea here.and I'm sure the coaches are making the call. But sometimes you have to fall on your sword. Especially during this part of the season. Whats there to save him for?? The offseason?
    Can you even tell me the extent of ADs injury? Surely you must have inside information since you are judging that AD should be able to "fall on the sword".

No I cant but This isn't rapid reaction. He's always out with nagging injuries. Chest contusion, sprained ankle, shoulder sprain. He was slapped in the face by austin rivers and missed games with a concussion. If he isn't soft by your standards what is your definition of soft?. I don't know his pain tolerance but if he isn't soft he's definitely fragile.

there is no discussion to be had here this thread should be taken out back and flogged

No I cant
    So then you really shouldn't open your mouth about what he is it isn't capable of should you?

U mad? lol You do realize you're defending something that you have no evidence of. and you didnt answer my question nor did you provide evidence that he wasnt soft. or at least fragile.

U mad? lol You do realize you're defending something that you have no evidence of. and you didnt answer my question nor did you provide evidence that he wasnt soft. or at least fragile.
    Why would I care what you think? You can't make me mad. Lol

If I thought it was actually worth it I'd answer. However I don't believe even when I answer your accusations it will matter.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    You have no clue what his medical situation is or theirs. If you are a physician, which none of your posts indicate you are, you would know that lack data to diagnose, much less give an evaluation.

It is clear the answer to your question is "Yes, someone does: you." I am not sure you are serious, however. It is also possible you are posting for entertainment.

So, I suggest you start studying medicine if that really interests you, figure out better questions, or continue with your quest for entertainment if that is the goal now that you have a clear answer to your question.
    Pretty solid reply here. I like the way you think, 42.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    AD isn't soft. Try playing ball his way. He plays fearless. He needs to still put on 10-15 more llbs of muscle. He needs more upper body strength. His passing is improving and his jumper is impeccable. He just needs to continue improving his passing and develop more of a post game. IF AD gains weight, he probably will being so young, he can develop a solid post game and if this happens he will be completely unstoppable. SOFT???????? I'd love for AD to read this thread. The Brow is just getting started y'all!!!!!!

AD is injury prone. If this was Gordon, we'd be destroying him today. I don't blame him though. It's just the way the game is today. Agents and metrics control everything. If this were the 90's and we were contending for a playoff seed, he would have played. Contracts weren't guaranteed back then. You had to play to get paid. Now players have no urgency or the will to win because is just a money thing. I respect Westbrook and guys like him that put it on the line each and every night
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

No I cant but This isn't rapid reaction. He's always out with nagging injuries. Chest contusion, sprained ankle, shoulder sprain. He was slapped in the face by austin rivers and missed games with a concussion. If he isn't soft by your standards what is your definition of soft?. I don't know his pain tolerance but if he isn't soft he's definitely fragile.
    You know he fell from a 10ft goal directly onto his shoulder, right? And was back within two games. In no way do I think he is soft. BUT i do believe that his body is still soft. He is still growing, and injuries happen.

This board has got to be full of some of the most ignorant, quick to jump to conclusion and ridiculous theory people of any NBA fan base. Have some optimism or positivity for a change. These guys are professionals and know what they are doing and what they have to do to keep their bodies healthy. You really don't think that A.D if he felt he could play on his ankle, wouldn't play?? For people that are so quick to praise the guy and call him the greatest are also so quick to jump on him and nag for the stupidest Sh*t!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothieKing View Post
    This board has got to be full of some of the most ignorant, quick to jump to conclusion and ridiculous theory people of any NBA fan base. Have some optimism or positivity for a change. These guys are professionals and know what they are doing and what they have to do to keep their bodies healthy. You really don't think that A.D if he felt he could play on his ankle, wouldn't play?? For people that are so quick to praise the guy and call him the greatest are also so quick to jump on him and nag for the stupidest Sh*t!
    The perfect scenario to explain our fan base's relationship with the Pelicans: girl (fans) that falls in love with a cute guy (Pelicans) after a short conversation, throws it at the dude to get his attention, dude leaves before she wakes up and doesnt call back, 3 days later he texts back saying "hey can we meet up", she goes out to get fitted for a wedding dress and calls a wedding planner, and when they meet up dude is like "I have herpes".

Stupidest... Take the emotion of out of it for a second. If this were any other player during this part of the season. ESPECIALLY EG you would be calling him every name in the book, and from what I've read over the years people have. You can't coddle a player forever. Then it becomes when is the right time for him to play through injury? I'm not saying put the man out there on one leg, with one arm, with one eye but everyone's injured one way or another at this point in the year. Say what you want about Tyreke but if he can walk he can play. We're conditioning AD to be soft.

Banned
    Only if he isn't playing Tonight

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    "I concur" - Mat

I don't think he's "soft" but he sure as hell gets hurt alot. Call it bad luck. Not "soft".

lol Jimmer Time is the first poster that got banned on here in a while

Thread Information