Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think AD is kind of soft?

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    This is my feeling as well. If he misses the Indiana game too but plays in the ASG, shame on him. I still love him, but shame on him.
    So if he is too hurt to play on a Wednesday that means he can't play 4 days later without shame?

Interesting take.....

Banned
    Kinda

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    So if he is too hurt to play on a Wednesday that means he can't play 4 days later without shame?

Interesting take.....
    You don't think it sends a bad impression? Not saying AD's not a team guy, but let's say Gordon can't play for a couple games, then shows up for the 3-point contest, people would be destroying him.

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    You don't think it sends a bad impression? Not saying AD's not a team guy, but let's say Gordon can't play for a couple games, then shows up for the 3-point contest, people would be destroying him.
    No, I don't think it sends a bad impression.

I think you are incorrectly assuming that it is AD's choice to sit out. He tried to stay in the same game he actually hurt himself in, he tried to come back out of the locker room that game and the team Drs wouldn't let him. He knows that (right or wrong) his season will be defined by if we make the playoffs or not. And considering we just lost a game we certainly would have won ....... I am sure missing tomorrow night is eating him up. These 2 games he is missing could be the difference in the 8 seed or not.

Lastly, 4 days of rest. Let me repeat.. 4 additional days to heal an injury. If he couldn't play on Wed., and suited up for the All star game on Thursday night, I would get where everyone is coming from.

But he gets 4 days. Is it not possible that his shoulder is still sore on Wednesday night, but by Sunday the soreness is gone?

Much ado about nothing IMO.

This isn't on Davis. He certainly plays nicked up and has tried to come back in play in the same game after being injured only to have the coaching staff pull him. The franchise is being cautious with its cornerstone player who is still only 21. Davis plays recklessly at times and that's something that you don't want to take away from him. But you don't want minor injuries to become chronic conditions because you pushed him to "play through the pain." I know that's old school NBA, but sometimes old school is dumb school...

Banned
    I hope he can play next game because I think it is crappy to do that.

From my vantage point of his fall, I thought he might have a concussion. Smacked his head pretty hard on that floor.

Maybe that's what it is but say it's his "shoulder" to avoid all the protocols. He did just have a concussion last year.

If it's about 4 days rest and then play in the ASG why not sit out that game also and have a week and 4 days? If we shouldn't risk the future on an 8th seed then surely we shouldn't risk our future on the ASG
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Monty is on NBA radio right now

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    If it's about 4 days rest and then play in the ASG why not sit out that game also and have a week and 4 days? If we shouldn't risk the future on an 8th seed then surely we shouldn't risk our future on the ASG
    He got voted a starter in only his 3rd year. I'm pretty sure while we can tell him not to play in our games to allow him to heal telling him to sit out of a career moment wouldn't possibly go so well.

First of all, it is not 4 days of rest, it is 4 additional days of rest. AD was hurt on a Saturday and it will be a FULL 9 days of rest.

Am I the only one who can grasp the concept of 5 days of rest versus 9?? If you sprain your ankle and 5 days later it is still sore is it impossible that 4 ADDITIONAL days later it will feel better??? WOW

You guys are truly reaching. Please remember. AD IS BEING HELD OUT --- NOT BY CHOICE

Let me switch this up a bit and re-phrase.

Do you think if we had a regular season game on Sunday he would not play? Do you guys believe that AD is only playing because it is an ASG?????????????????????????????
    Last edited by Bongzilla; 02-10-2015 at 01:18 PM.

First of all, it is not 4 days of rest, it is 4 additional days of rest. AD was hurt on a Saturday and it will be a FULL 9 days of rest.

Am I the only one who can grasp the concept of 5 days of rest versus 9?? If you sprain your ankle and 5 days later it is still sore is it impossible that 4 ADDITIONAL days later it will feel better??? WOW

You guys are truly reaching. Please remember. AD IS BEING HELD OUT --- NOT BY CHOICE

Let me switch this up a bit and re-phrase.

Do you think if we had a regular season game on Sunday he would not play? Do you guys believe that AD is only playing because it is an ASG?????????????????????????????
    I think you're missing the point. At least you're missing my point. The games that the team plays are more important than the ASG. I have no issues with playing in the ASG. What I have issues with is sitting out regular season games and then playing in the ASG. If he plays against Indy, then he should play in the ASG. FYI, Jen Hale is reporting that AD is going to play against Indy. They just said it on NBA radio

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I think you're missing the point. At least you're missing my point. The games that the team plays are more important than the ASG. I have no issues with playing in the ASG. What I have issues with is sitting out regular season games and then playing in the ASG. If he plays against Indy, then he should play in the ASG. FYI, Jen Hale is reporting that AD is going to play against Indy. They just said it on NBA radio
    REALLY?????

Monty said that there's "a chance" that AD will play tomorrow and that it depends on how he feels when he wakes up. I wonder where she's getting her info from because it seems weird that they would announce he's playing a day before the game. I hope she's right.

BTW I got your point, I just didn't want to respond and let it spew over a few pages with Bongzilla. The ASG is meaningless IMO. Yes it's an awesome accomplishment that a 3rd year player got voted in as an all-star starter. But the game last night and tomorrow is more important for us this year than the ASG. Now some have already argued that this year isn't important if all we can get is a 7th or 8th seed. But that's an entirely different discussion. IIRC the FO said that anything less than playoffs this year was unacceptable. The question no one knows the answer to is if winning ~45 games is enough improvement to miss their goal.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 02-10-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I'm gonna go watch some Scandal...I kinda got a thing for Olivia Pope. I bet she's soft, yup.

And I wouldn't call AD soft, but injury prone to a degree? Not really but I would see what your saying. Besides he's played through a ton of small injuries before. The guy's body is a little awkward at this point with him having a growth spurt not to long ago and he's still growing so, using a really weird analogy he's like a baby giraffe that has learned to walk but he's still having a hard time running sometimes.
    Last edited by wuggie; 02-10-2015 at 01:59 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    REALLY?????

Monty said that there's "a chance" that AD will play tomorrow and that it depends on how he feels when he wakes up. I wonder where she's getting her info from because it seems weird that they would announce he's playing a day before the game. I hope she's right.

BTW I got your point, I just didn't want to respond and let it spew over a few pages with Bongzilla. The ASG is meaningless IMO. Yes it's an awesome accomplishment that a 3rd year player got voted in as an all-star starter. But the game last night and tomorrow is more important for us this year than the ASG. Now some have already argued that this year isn't important if all we can get is a 7th or 8th seed. But that's an entirely different discussion. IIRC the FO said that anything less than playoffs this year was unacceptable. The question no one knows the answer to is if winning ~45 games is enough improvement to miss their goal.
    Monty said on NBA radio that the team is trying to make the playoffs but the most important thing was to finish the year with a winning record

REALLY?????

I guess we know where AD slept last night........

Quote Originally Posted by DaBrow View Post
    I guess we know where AD slept last night........

Stupid to think that at this stage of his career!

REALLY?????

My angle has nothing to do with if he plays in the ASG or not. My one and only point is I don't think its weird to be too hurt to play on a Wednesday, and healthy enough to play that Sunday.

and certainly not "shameful" as purported above
    Last edited by Bongzilla; 02-10-2015 at 04:32 PM.

My angle has nothing to do with if he plays in the ASG or not. My one and only point is I don't think its weird to be too hurt to play on a Wednesday, and healthy enough to play that Sunday.

and certainly not "shameful" as purported above
    I don't think they meant it the way you took it. I just think it struck a nerve with some people that he's injured on the bench for our game Monday, and he told Jen Hale that he's definitely playing in the ASG, as if that game were more important than these. So he's definitely playing in the ASG but not sure about Wed, don't think that sits well with people. But I'll be honest I really don't care I just want him to play tonight because I'll be there

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    S-A-W-F-T, SAAAAAAAWFT

I would not call the dude soft. Does he not have total control of his body yet... yes. being soft and injury prone is 2 different things. I definitely doubt he is soft but I hope he doesn't become the other.

Thread Information