Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think AD is kind of soft?

I'll ignore that fanoq. and yeah...your opinion of me keep me up at night.

Quote Originally Posted by LIL_PELMO View Post
    Theres a tear in the acromioclavicular joint which connects your clavicle to your shoulder blade. Mine was the most severe one. It couldve healed better in my case but I couldnt keep that damn brace on.
    But you're advocating that AD should have played and that he is soft because he did't? And what grade AC tear did you have? And was it your shooting shoulder. And were you a step away from being an NBA MVP candidate?
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 02-09-2015 at 11:08 PM.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Jimmy graham is getting hit in nearly every region of his body at high velocity and still managed to score 10-11 TDs this year. You addressed that question to Jimmertime I thought, but yeah I saw it.

Future!? Its 2 games playing limited minutes. Theres chance his injury wouldnt even get any worse!

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    It has been reported that AD will play in the All star game on Sunday....so It can't be too serious.
    Hopefully he plays against Indiana.

Ben Golliver: Pelicans broadcast just reported Anthony Davis (shoulder) will play in All-Star Game on Sunday. Twitter @BenGolliver
    Great news. AD earned it. But playing in an All-Star game with no contact and a regular season slugfest in the stretch are horses of a different color.

Grade 3, yes it was (right handed). Steve Nash has two MVP trophies ya know. Just sayin.

Kobe's nose was broken in an AS game.

Kobe's nose was broken in an AS game.
    You never answered my question. Did you watch the play during the Denver game when AD injured his shoulder? So you are saying that you are a tougher guy than AD? And Kobe is a tougher guy than AD. I want to know.

DUDE, I ANSWERED THAT QUESTION TWICE!! I'VE WATCHED/GONE TO EVERY SINGLE GAME. I'VE SEEN ALL OF HIS FALLS/INJURIES SINCE HE DIVED INTO THE SEATS AS A ROOKIE DURING THE HORNETS' OPEN PRACTICE! and how did I even imply that in the least? C'mon now lets not go there. I do think Kobe is one of the toughest players Ive ever seen. Idk anyone who would disagree. Not even his naysayers

DUDE, I ANSWERED THAT QUESTION TWICE!! I'VE WATCHED/GONE TO EVERY SINGLE GAME. I'VE SEEN ALL OF HIS FALLS/INJURIES SINCE HE DIVED INTO THE SEATS AS A ROOKIE DURING THE HORNETS' OPEN PRACTICE! and how did I even imply that in the least? C'mon now lets not go there
    So to answer your question.
    Is AD reckless? Yes
    Does he get injured? Yes
    Is he soft? NOOOO!!!
    OK? Have I given you an opinion to your question?
    And BTW I've reviewed this entire thread and THIS is the first time that you admitted that you saw his horrific fall as far as I can tell.
    And BTW I am not a "dude".
    I give up.
    AD must be softer than you and Kobe.
    G'Nite
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 02-09-2015 at 11:35 PM.

If I fell like that Im not sure I could still type much less play some bball.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    We are fighting for a playoff spot, sorry but AD can't afford to keep missing games every other week. I think he should have been out there. Even if he couldn't shoot his presence alone would have helped.

IMO, he can't play on Sunday in the ASG but miss the games against Utah & Indiana. ASG is a meaningless pick-up game. If he's going to be held out, hold him out of all the games. Hopefully he plays against Indiana.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Seriously OP? Yeah, let's risk RG3'ing a future hall of famer who we hopefully have for at least another decade all to try for an 8th seed

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    We are fighting for a playoff spot, sorry but AD can't afford to keep missing games every other week. I think he should have been out there. Even if he couldn't shoot his presence alone would have helped.
    Boom.

I say this and get abused.

I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    Boom.

I say this and get abused.

I love you.
    I don't love Jimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
    Seriously OP? Yeah, let's risk RG3'ing a future hall of famer who we hopefully have for at least another decade all to try for an 8th seed
    You're comparing concussion/acl+mcl tears to a bruised shoulder? Let's keep it in perspective.

Banned
    I think it was kind of bad timing after the loss to say AD was going to play in the All-Star game.

You people seriously overestimate the importance of this season. I'm willing to bet that the Bensons have a 5 year plan, as do dell and Mickey. I would bet my effing bottom dollar that this season is the lowest priority on the list.

What do you do with a failing business?

1. Get it out OF THE RED (WHich we've done)
    2. Improve the quality of the product (which we've done.
    3. Then, maybe then, will you go after the biggest competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    I think it was kind of bad timing after the loss to say AD was going to play in the All-Star game.
    Agreed. The said it during the game as well.

I can't believe this thread had made it to 3 pages. I think Pelicansreport is getting soft....

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    IMO, he can't play on Sunday in the ASG but miss the games against Utah & Indiana. ASG is a meaningless pick-up game. If he's going to be held out, hold him out of all the games. Hopefully he plays against Indiana.
    This is my feeling as well. If he misses the Indiana game too but plays in the ASG, shame on him. I still love him, but shame on him.

I'm positive the staff views AD's long term health > getting bumped in the first round this year.

We don't even have a complete roster yet. While fans might be hanging onto the edge of the seat to make the playoffs the truth is staff is worried about success long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm positive the staff views AD's long term health > getting bumped in the first round this year.

We don't even have a complete roster yet. While fans might be hanging onto the edge of the seat to make the playoffs the truth is staff is worried about success long term.
    This is what I've been trying to say... We can not be shortsighted. To me it seems like ppl treat it like a season of 2K. Playoffs/Championship or bust every season.

He never seems to play through injury like Lamarcus is doing. Not even in limited minutes. I know it may be the coach's decision but does anyone think Westbrook is sitting out must win games because of a shoulder strain? I don't.
    Did you see the fall he took?????

Then did you see him get up and try to stay in the game?

Delete this thread immediately.
    Last edited by Bongzilla; 02-10-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Thread Information