Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think AD is kind of soft?

Shaq choose to heal on "company time" and if you take Pop's word for it, Tim Duncan is playing one knee. Im not advocating playing thru tears, fractures, etc.. But these bruises and sprains are getting ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    As long as Monty is coaching this team he is going to encourage this sort of precautionary behavior. It's just in his nature. I can't count how many times journalists, our announcers, Monty himself or people around him say that he is the voice that often tells guys not to risk it.

I honestly can't say I blame him most of the time. I would rather lose 1 or 2 games because we sat a guy that probably could of played instead of pushing him through an injury like a guy like Thibs would do and end up with someone like Davis having a career like Rose.
    Are you talking about the same guy who has called out his players (in an under cover way) about not playing pain, saying he thinks that some are milking injuries and that he played in a different era of basketball. We're talking about that same Monty???

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    His presence tonight leads to a win. Wins are very important right now.

It is shocking he sat.

Kobe would never sit in this position. Kobe is the greatest since MJ and top 5 all time and that should be who Davis looks up to.
    Did you see AD's fall? You really expected him to play tonight?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

All-Star
    No..

Quote Originally Posted by LIL_PELMO View Post
    He never seems to play through injury like Lamarcus is doing. Not even in limited minutes. I know it may be the coach's decision but does anyone think Westbrook is sitting out must win games because of a shoulder strain? I don't.
    To answer your question NO!!!. Is he reckless? YES!!! How can you question his desire to play when he tried to stay in the game after falling 10 feet with momentum unprotected to the hardwood?

I think the team made the right decision. If it was anything past being sore, then you sit him. You do not risk more permanent or extensive damage when rest and therapy can bring a guy back to 100% or close to it in a short time frame. The risk vs. reward is too lopsided. The guy wanted to come back into the game. I doubt he is soft.

Yet he's playing in the AS game this sunday? Even Monty admitted he babys him. I know he's gonna be an all time great. But its about time to start showing some dog down the stretch so he isnt targeted like Blake is.
    It has not been determined if he will play in the All-Star game (although he definitely deserved the start). This was not a minor fall. It was a MAJOR fall and he has a separated shoulder.

He never seems to play through injury like Lamarcus is doing. Not even in limited minutes. I know it may be the coach's decision but does anyone think Westbrook is sitting out must win games because of a shoulder strain? I don't.
    So the fingers, the groin, and the other shoulder aren't injuries.. oh ok. And if you don't have range of motion on your shooting arm what good are you out there. And if i was to base it on how he looked when he tried to give it a go. He probably would've hurt it worse our got hurt again. You alot of athletes get hurt when they play hurt/injured. They have to over compensate and in situations where they over-compensate they get hurt.

Shaq choose to heal on "company time" and if you take Pop's word for it, Tim Duncan is playing one knee. Im not advocating playing thru tears, fractures, etc.. But these bruises and sprains are getting ridiculous

If Im not mistaken you do know a sprain is a type of tear??

I dont question his "desire to play". Tore my clavicle in high school on a similar fall and dislocated my left shoulder my senior year. Had that been the case I wouldnt want him to return even if he could. But since it isnt as serious and we're so close in the playoff hunt. I question his mentality to force the issue to play. If a superstar has a certain attitude about him no one is gonna stop him from playing. I mean his missed two games with a chest contusion! Him playing limited minutes would make a huge difference and send a message.

I tore my clavicle in high school.

It is shocking he sat.
    Kobe would never sit in this position. Kobe is the greatest since MJ and top 5 all time and that should be who Davis looks up to.
    What is shocking is that you are such an idiot. AD has a heart of gold and if able would play every minute he could. AD is like the new Superman and has played through more pain than Kobe beef ever will. Has Kobe rehabbed from serious injuries multiple times? Yes. But to suggest that AD "sat" tonight despite having a serious shoulder separation is ridiculous.
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 02-09-2015 at 10:59 PM.

What about the chest contusions, and slaps in the face by austin rivers?

It is shocking he sat.

You definitely do this for the attention and reaction

I tore my clavicle in high school.
    Umm I could be wrong but isn't your clavicle something you fracture... not tear? Or am I tripping?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    Somehow the 50-something'th game is one to take serious risk on, especially when it's likely 1 or 2 games max. Aldridge had the choice between missing weeks or months vs. playing through. It was a pointless comparison by him.
    LMA's injury was a lot less serious than EG's. And yet he decided to rehab and return but gets no credit for it. He will need labrum surgery after the season and LMA will need surgery for what? A sprained thumb?

I actually dont smoke. But to answer your question we would need to win a minimum of 20 games post AS break to even have a chance at making the playoffs. also from the looks of things the we may also be competing for a spot with the clippers soon. how long do you want to wait to gain some form of consistency?
    We? As in Pelicans fan?
    You are obviously a troll and not a Pelicans fan. And if you are I am ashamed that the Pelicans have fans like you.

.....sooo if the pelicans miss the playoffs by 1 game? Like the suns last year
    So be it. But don't risk the franchise future.

I'm glad a lot of you aren't ppl making these type of decisions because I believe the same ppl that are questioning why he didnt play would be the same ppl calling for peoples heads if he played obviously injured and makes the injury worse where he definitely needs surgery. If that happens we definitely miss the playoffs. Then what? We can't be shortsighted, we have to look at the whole picture.

I do think this team is overly cautious with our players any small ache and they sit. All the greats had the same saying"If I can walk I can play".

1-6

I do believe AD needs to learn how to fall though. The guy just don't fall right lol. Still getting used to his body.

I dont question his "desire to play". Tore my clavicle in high school on a similar fall and dislocated my left shoulder my senior year. Had that been the case I wouldnt want him to return even if he could. But since it isnt as serious and we're so close in the playoff hunt. I question his mentality to force the issue to play. If a superstar has a certain attitude about him no one is gonna stop him from playing. I mean his missed two games with a chest contusion! Him playing limited minutes would make a huge difference and send a message.
    Define serious! A grade one shoulder separation is a pretty serious injury. Ask Jimmy Graham. And you never answered my question. Did you see the play when he injured his shoulder?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeNOLA View Post
    Umm I could be wrong but isn't your clavicle something you fracture... not tear? Or am I tripping?
    Theres a tear in the acromioclavicular joint which connects your clavicle to your shoulder blade. Mine was the most severe one. It couldve healed better in my case but I couldnt keep that damn brace on.

I should not have read this thread... Can't believe someone is questioning AD's desire to play... Sometimes it feels like some of the Pelicans fans are the worst enemies of the team... Kinda sad...

I'm not the perfect fan, but come on...

It has been reported that AD will play in the All star game on Sunday....so It can't be too serious.
    Hopefully he plays against Indiana.

Ben Golliver: Pelicans broadcast just reported Anthony Davis (shoulder) will play in All-Star Game on Sunday. Twitter @BenGolliver

Thread Information