Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: GAME THREAD: New Orleans Pelicans vs. Utah Jazz

This dumb lost was not about talent. It was about not protecting the ball and Evans not looking for the open man in the second half. His butt should not have been on the floor the last couple minutes. To much me ball and no team ball. Sick!

deandre jordan is not human

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    We had enough to be this jazz team. At one point we were up by 14 points mid way through the 3rd. No excuses to lose this game tonight when we are trying to get into the playoffs
    Utah had just as many quality players on the floor tonight and had the best player available to either team.

All-Star
    We had enough to be this jazz team. At one point we were up by 14 points mid way through the 3rd. No excuses to lose this game tonight when we are trying to get into the playoffs
    Your team just isn't nearly as good as you think they are. AD is awesome but without him what positions do you think you have an advantage at?

Tyreke Evans needs to be traded now. Dude has no brains. He's the biggest ball hogg and is so inconsistent. He's 50/50, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, he giveth and he taketh away. It's a wonder we are hovering aroung .500. He will never learn about sharing the ball. He's like a male dog that has to stop at every tree, can't help himself..

Not really, we had to have a huge game from Babbitt and Gordon hitting everything to even be in the game..

Tyreke in the 4th was bad, hope he was just tired

Banned
    If we always played bad teams EG would be an all-star.

considering the Pels have lost 3/4 (and the 1 win in that stretch was the 1 road game in the 9/10 at home... meaning 3 straight Ls at home)... is Wed. night a must win vs. Indiana?
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Why the hell did Qpon only play 17 mins? Monty should've had him guarding Hayward over Cunningham, Babbitt, and Gordon in the 2nd half.
    If you will excuse me, I have to go return some video tapes.

Inferior teams go up double digits on superior teams all the time because of hot shooting but then get beat when they come back to the norm. The Jazz had more talent tonight, clearly. Props to Gordon for playing out of his mind and keeping us in it.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Your team just isn't nearly as good as you think they are. AD is awesome but without him what positions do you think you have an advantage at?
    We had enough talent on the floor to beat a very bad Utah jazz team. This game was given away with our turnovers. You guys did nothing to beat us tonight. We literally beat ourselves
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    It's a good thing nobody here has any true affect on this team, cuz with so many apologists and wet nurses on this board this team would never learn. I just have to hope and pray that powers that be aren't this naive.

I'll answer that with a question. Where would your team be without Haywood?

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by CMS1717 View Post
    I'll answer that with a question. Where would your tam be without Haywood?
    We would lose to you guys....Kind of my point

Well Tyreke and Gordon are better than your starting backcourt, I'd also argue that Asik is better overall center than Favors.

It sucks that when we finally start getting a really good looking Gordon we can't take advantage because 3 of our other 5 best players are out
    never assume

All-Star
    We had enough talent on the floor to beat a very bad Utah jazz team. This game was given away with our turnovers. You guys did nothing to beat us tonight. We literally beat ourselves
    Dude...You just aren't that good without AD and We aren't nearly as bad as you think we are. You want proof? Look at the results of the game.

Banned
    We should have won that game. Monty should be back on the block. This is where good coaching shows through.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKeymaster View Post
    Well Tyreke and Gordon are better than your starting backcourt, I'd also argue that Asik is better overall center than Favors.
    Asik isn't even close to as good as Favors. Not offensively or defensively.

I'm severely disappointed that they let a 14 point lead disappear pretty much as fast as a 14 point lead can go away in the NBA

Banned
    Hayward should be an all-star. Period.

Dude...You just aren't that good without AD and We aren't nearly as bad as you think we are. You want proof? Look at the results of the game.
    Don't know if you knew this or not, but this team is missing more than just AD. No Jrue Holiday. No Ryan Anderson. Tyreke Evans missed shoot around so he might have this bug going around down here.

It's not about just AD.

I know I'm probably the only one that feels this way. But Evans would not start Wednesday. We must win Wednesday. If he is playing the point the way he should we can compete with anyone with or without AD. This lost is as bad as the Philly lost to me. This team we lost to is garbage.

Tyreke Evans is a basketball knucklehead in certain moments out on the court. His brain farts during games kills a team momentum, plus he slows the rotation of the ball movement in any offensive sets/plays. Needing the ball in his hands to be effective, with that And1 blacktop style of basketball with his mental lapes, he will keep any team he's on on a roller coaster being very inconsistent. I'm thru with this coach killer. It's time to trade him while he's value worthy.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Don't know if you knew this or not, but this team is missing more than just AD right now. No Jrue Holiday. No Ryan Anderson. Tyreke Evans missed shoot around so he might have this bug going around down here.

It's not about just AD.
    Yes it is. You weren't better with Jrue and Anderson has been really inefficient this year on the whole. The Jazz are missing 2 starters from the start of the year too.

AD is a huge difference maker. You haven't been any better with Jrue than you were without him.

Thread Information