Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis Injury update

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    If I had a superbowl ring I'd be smiling and outgoing all the time as well.
    Maybe when Brow gets his ring he'll be less shy and more outgoing, lol.
    Brees went out of his way to come talk to me once, just because he saw me looking at him. I had no intention to bother him. Really nice guy, talked for about 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Pelicans View Post
    Brees went out of his way to come talk to me once, just because he saw me looking at him. I had no intention to bother him. Really nice guy, talked for about 2 minutes.
    I've seen Brees at a local restaurant being mobbed by fans the entire time he and his family ate (unfortunately) and seemed very nice to everyone who approached him. There was a table of firefighters eating next to him and he paid for their check.
    I was a lil disappointed with Saints fans that night. Let the man have a meal with his family for god's sake.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Drew Brees is the personification of class.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I saw him today at Chic fil A, and he looked fine. I caught him on the way out (waited until he was done eating), and I asked him about his shoulder, and he said it was good. Honestly... I've met quite a few Saints players, and I've never been given the cold shoulder like that. I walked up, introduced myself, told him he was my favorite player, and he didn't even make eye contact with me. Just kept walking until I finally put out my hand to shake. He shook and kept walking. I told him good luck, and he said thanks.

I was really disappointed... I mean, it's all good. He is still my favorite player! It just sucks that he wouldn't take a minute out of his day to tell me hey, especially since I was the only person in the whole restaurant that knew who he was! It's not like there was a line outside waiting for him! Anyway, I know that superstars have bad days, and they have mood swings, and they get busy. And I know that he is only 21 years old... But he is the face of the franchise! When I saw Drew Brees a few years ago, he stopped and talked to me for at least 2 minutes, and I don't know anyone who is busier than he is. I know Anthony Davis has 1 minute to spare for a single fan (again, there was nobody else around who recognized him, which is kind of sad honestly). It's about being a professional and loving the fans and being the face of the franchise.

Just wanted to get that out. It's been bothering me all day.

/endrant

CP3 was pretty terrible when I attended Peja's Charity Bowling Event in 2008 and the whole team was there besides Tyson I think. He was the only one that never interacted with any fans the entirety of the event. I got his autograph on a jersey I was carrying around by handing it to someone near him, having him relay it to another guy, then handing it to CP. He just showed up and started practicing bowling (I know he's a HUGE bowling fan too). But still, he didn't interact or even turn around the entire time fans were anywhere near him, which was the entire event. Never looked at him the same since. I'm actually now convinced over these years that CP is actually kind of a dick but works the PR side really, really well.

Side note, Mo Pete was unbelievably nice and fun to talk to. Same can be said for Pierre Thomas. This was before he got playing time or got "famous." Talked to him for like 15 minutes. My mom talked to Deuce too for a long time. Really good dude too it seemed like.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Drew Brees is the personification of class.
    Like This 1000xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, CP signed my poster, shook my hand (big hands for someone my size), and looked me square in the face.

I guess it's all about time and place. Also, us folk down here are used to eye contact and greetings even from strangers. Not the case where most of these guys are from.

Updates for tonight on ADs availability?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Well, CP signed my poster, shook my hand (big hands for someone my size), and looked me square in the face.

I guess it's all about time and place. Also, us folk down here are used to eye contact and greetings even from strangers. Not the case where most of these guys are from.
    A friend of mine moved to south Louisiana from Illinois a few years back. His first day here, he was pumping gas when another guy doing the same a lane over started talking to him. My friend started swiveling his head all around when the guy that was talking to him asked what was wrong. "I'm looking for your partner who is about to mug me!"

Things are different down here compared to most places.

Banned
    Davis is out for tonights game.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Davis is out for tonights game.
    Damn does that mean no allstar game too?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Damn does that mean no allstar game too?

Well, I've see players miss the all-star game to make sure they get ready for the season. I don't think I've seen a player miss regular season games to get ready for the all-star game. That would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Well, I've see players miss the all-star game to make sure they get ready for the season. I don't think I've seen a player miss regular season games to get ready for the all-star game. That would suck.
    I think the timing is a coincidence. He will be given the option to play in all star game by the team, because of the honor. Id just as soon he sit out until Orlando. Or, if he truly is mostly recovered, play tonight and the all-star game. So, rest him and hope to win tonight without him. Is RYNO def out?
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Am I the only person not ok with starting Ajinca? Move DC to the 4 and start Pondexter or Babbitt.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Am I the only person not ok with starting Ajinca? Move DC to the 4 and start Pondexter or Babbitt.
    well i don't think DC would have any chance of banging down low with David West.

Banned
    I don't think he should have the option to play. If we want to be a winning organization with high standards playing when you missed the 2 proceeding games isn't the way to do it. I'm not going to change my mind if that is the scenario so I will let you all carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    well i don't think DC would have any chance of banging down low with David West.
    DC has done it before with Mem & Minn and pretty much held West to a standoff

How many jumpers can they hit???

AD out of all-star game
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

With AD being out is he still eligible for the Rose tule?

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    With AD being out is he still eligible for the Rose tule?
    I'm pretty sure sure being injured doesn't void the fact he was picked.

I could be wrong DOE

All-Star
    That is a bad sign. He would play if he could. I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a few more games after the All Star break.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    That is a bad sign. He would play if he could. I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a few more years after the All Star break.

EFA

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    I'm pretty sure sure being injured doesn't void the fact he was picked.

I could be wrong DOE
    you are not wrong.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    you are not wrong.
    That's the first time anyone's ever said that to me

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    That's the first time anyone's ever said that to me
    Only took 3,099 posts!!

Thread Information