Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis Injury update

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Millsap is 26 years old. What kind of logic is that? Why would Exum get injured guarding Tyreke? Dude took a elbow to the throat from Draymond Green, threw up in the locker room and continued to play. He pushed out Bogut for a rebound. Exum is just scared in offense. On defense he gets intense.
    Good gravy ! I'm not talking about a cheap sho. Evans is gonna continually attack the basket, which means 195lbs has to continually get in the way. Evans is a truck. Exum will be sitting in an ice bath for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Good gravy ! I'm not talking about a cheap sho. Evans is gonna continually attack the basket, which means 195lbs has to continually get in the way. Evans is a truck. Exum will be sitting in an ice bath for hours.
    I am done arguing. I hope Evans continually attacks the basket and sees what Gobert does.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    "either way, with or without AD we should beat utah or pacers"
    I'm confused> You stated that Utah SHOULD beat N.O. ! Any different ? Maybe in Salt Lake City, "Should" is the same thing as "Dont Have a Chance" but, to my knowledge, SHOULD isnt defined as NO CHANCE ! huh

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    I am done arguing. I hope Evans continually attacks the basket and sees what Gobert does.
    I'mglad you're done arguing . I was simply discussing, but thats OK .

I'mglad you're done arguing . I was simply discussing, but thats OK .
    English is not my first language. Sometimes I choose the wrong words. It's not like I got angry but the discussion wasn't going anywhere.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Both of AD's recent injuries came after landing awkwardly while making aggressive plays above the rim. Should he stop doing that? If not, then you are going to risk some injuries. Blake Griffin said in an interview earlier this season that he stopped dunking so much in part to preserve his body. Of course, he's injured now anyway...
    It happens when you're an athlete. Good thing Brow has yet to do this.

For a team with a 9 game losing streak pretty close to .500 is really well.
    You are 18-33 ! Thats not CLOSE to 500 ! What are you talking about?

All-Star
    You are 18-33 ! Thats not CLOSE to 500 ! What are you talking about?
    Read the whole thread.

Read the whole thread.
    You are 5-10 since New Year ! Thats actually a worse % than your 18-33 record.

All-Star
    You are 5-10 since New Year ! Thats actually a worse % than your 18-33 record.
    Check your facts

Since the 9 game losing streak we are like 14-16.

Check your facts

You are 5 & 10 since New years. Correction 6 & 9 So, since the New year, you are 38% ! Ouch, wasnt counting Feb. Actually 7-12 ! Whew,not to good!
    Last edited by Tinman; 02-09-2015 at 03:53 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Check your facts

You're actually 13-17 since the losing streak. So 43 win percentage in that span.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    You're actually 13-17 since the losing streak. So 43 win percentage in that span.
    Close enough for me...

This season's success for does not lie in the records. The point differential is 5 or 6 points better than last year. We are still losing games but we are playing much much better.

We started our season with one of the worst defensive ratings but we have been much better defensivel last 2 months. I think we rank 15th defensively for the last month.

Also, Burks is out for the season and Hood hasn't played much this year so we are out a one starter and a 6th-7th man in rotation. I believe we could be 3 or 4 wins better with them. But wins don't matter because every player has been better than last year. Hayward is playing near all-star level. Favors has added much better mid-range game. Gobert is in run for MIP and Trey Burke kinda sucks less and Enes Kanter is somewhat improved on defense enough to see minutes.

Ed Daniels ‏@WGNOsports now Metairie, LA

Monty Williams says Anthony Davis is day to day - Ryan Anderson won't play Wednesday night vs Indiana #wgnosports

Ed Daniels ‏@WGNOsports 6s7 seconds ago Metairie, LA

Monty says there's a chance Anthony Davis plays vs Indiana - #wgnosports
    0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    AD is up in Baton Rouge watching Kentucky-LSU. Hope that means he's feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Phoenix just lost to Sacramento.
    It looks like Houston is about to burn Phoenix tonight.

I saw him today at Chic fil A, and he looked fine. I caught him on the way out (waited until he was done eating), and I asked him about his shoulder, and he said it was good. Honestly... I've met quite a few Saints players, and I've never been given the cold shoulder like that. I walked up, introduced myself, told him he was my favorite player, and he didn't even make eye contact with me. Just kept walking until I finally put out my hand to shake. He shook and kept walking. I told him good luck, and he said thanks.

I was really disappointed... I mean, it's all good. He is still my favorite player! It just sucks that he wouldn't take a minute out of his day to tell me hey, especially since I was the only person in the whole restaurant that knew who he was! It's not like there was a line outside waiting for him! Anyway, I know that superstars have bad days, and they have mood swings, and they get busy. And I know that he is only 21 years old... But he is the face of the franchise! When I saw Drew Brees a few years ago, he stopped and talked to me for at least 2 minutes, and I don't know anyone who is busier than he is. I know Anthony Davis has 1 minute to spare for a single fan (again, there was nobody else around who recognized him, which is kind of sad honestly). It's about being a professional and loving the fans and being the face of the franchise.

Just wanted to get that out. It's been bothering me all day.

/endrant

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I saw him today at Chic fil A, and he looked fine. I caught him on the way out (waited until he was done eating), and I asked him about his shoulder, and he said it was good. Honestly... I've met quite a few Saints players, and I've never been given the cold shoulder like that. I walked up, introduced myself, told him he was my favorite player, and he didn't even make eye contact with me. Just kept walking until I finally put out my hand to shake. He shook and kept walking. I told him good luck, and he said thanks.

I was really disappointed... I mean, it's all good. He is still my favorite player! It just sucks that he wouldn't take a minute out of his day to tell me hey, especially since I was the only person in the whole restaurant that knew who he was! It's not like there was a line outside waiting for him! Anyway, I know that superstars have bad days, and they have mood swings, and they get busy. And I know that he is only 21 years old... But he is the face of the franchise! When I saw Drew Brees a few years ago, he stopped and talked to me for at least 2 minutes, and I don't know anyone who is busier than he is. I know Anthony Davis has 1 minute to spare for a single fan (again, there was nobody else around who recognized him, which is kind of sad honestly). It's about being a professional and loving the fans and being the face of the franchise.

/endrant
    Hey - when I finally met Alonzo after years of looking up to him, he threatened to punch me in the face if I didn't leave him alone -- And I was 12!

With AD, I think people would be surprised to know how shy he is in general. We have sent reporters into the locker room for years and he is not very forthcoming with us or just other people around after the games. I wouldn't take it personal. He is more demonstrative on the court this year than ever, but off of it he really is a shy kid.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Hey - when I finally met Alonzo after years of looking up to him, he threatened to punch me in the face if I didn't leave him alone -- And I was 12!

With AD, I think people would be surprised to know how shy he is in general. We have sent reporters into the locker room for years and he is not very forthcoming with us or just other people around after the games. I wouldn't take it personal. He is more demonstrative on the court this year than ever, but off of it he really is a shy kid.
    That's too funny

And yeah, I get what you're saying about being shy. I tried to reason that in my head. I think it's just because all of the other experiences I've had with athletes in the past were way different than this one, it threw me for a loop. But it's all good. He is still my guy!

Nobody recognized him except you in Chic-Fil-A? As busy as that place always is?

Bollocks!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Zo was my favourite player for a long time.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    That's too funny

And yeah, I get what you're saying about being shy. I tried to reason that in my head. I think it's just because all of the other experiences I've had with athletes in the past were way different than this one, it threw me for a loop. But it's all good. He is still my guy!
    AD and Brees are very different. Brees is really friendly and extroverted. He's also much older and has been in the limelight longer. AD on the other hand is 21 and has a very different personality. He's definitely shy and he is naturally reserved. He has a lot of pressure on him right now being so young and catapulting into the highest realm of superstars being compared to the best players in NBA history. I highly doubt his response to you is personal. It's hard being a person with such a high profile. Brees makes it look so easy. I think most young nba superstars might give this kind of response. I met CP3 in his 3rd year and it was similar to your story.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

/endrant
    You see I had the exact opposite reaction you did with Brees and I've met him 3 or 4 times. So I'd just chalk it up to athletes having bad days.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    AD and Brees are very different. Brees is really friendly and extroverted. He's also much older and has been in the limelight longer. AD on the other hand is 21 and has a very different personality. He's definitely shy and he is naturally reserved. He has a lot of pressure on him right now being so young and catapulting into the highest realm of superstars being compared to the best players in NBA history. I highly doubt his response to you is personal. It's hard being a person with such a high profile. Brees makes it look so easy. I think most young nba superstars might give this kind of response. I met CP3 in his 3rd year and it was similar to your story.

If I had a superbowl ring I'd be smiling and outgoing all the time as well.
    Maybe when Brow gets his ring he'll be less shy and more outgoing, lol.

Thread Information