Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis Injury update

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    This is my feeling.

I hate to say Utah is a schedule win because we lose a lot of those, but let Davis for sure rest against Utah. Indiana comes Wednesday. That's 4 days of rest. Now if his shoulder is still in pain you obviously don't play him but I think giving him 20 minutes could be the difference between winning a winnable game that we need to win and struggling because of a bad matchup for us against a team that has been beating good teams recently and snagged us earlier this year.
    Anderson being out makes Utah a very, very tough game w/o Davis. Snyder's a good coach and this game is now very likely to be played at a snail's pace given the personnel we're both running ... and that often gives Tyreke difficulty.

I think we'll get some frontcourt production out of Ajenca, but we're going to need plenty from Reke/Gordon to win tonight. On the plus side, Cunningham and Pondexter have been doing a nice job against opposing wings, and slowing Hayward is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I am in favor of moving on from Monty, but I got to say that he has had some terrible luck with injuries. Every time we have some winnable games, a few guys go down and he has to change everything. I don't think he is a great coach, but if we have Portland's injury luck from last year, we win 50+ easily and all of a sudden the national perception is that he is a good coach.

I am getting tired of the injuries. Nobody's fault, but still, I am tired of them.
    I agree. I don't think he's the right coach, but he's also been unlucky regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    One more season with multiple injuries. I am starting to think he may be already
    I disagree. AD is getting a bad rap for being injury prone when lets face it, at least half of the games he was "injured" he could have played but our coaching staff is overly cautious.

He got a concussion, a stubbed toe, twisted ankle, shoulder bruise, broke a finger.. These do not seem injury prone to me. Just small little dings, mostly due to AD not being physically strong enough.

He has not had 1 serious injury and nothing that should now be weaker, or more susceptible to injury.

FFS, they guy got up after one of the worse falls we have ever seen and tried to play through it. I am sure he wants to play tonight but the brass just won't let him.

Both of AD's recent injuries came after landing awkwardly while making aggressive plays above the rim. Should he stop doing that? If not, then you are going to risk some injuries. Blake Griffin said in an interview earlier this season that he stopped dunking so much in part to preserve his body. Of course, he's injured now anyway...

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    either way, with or without AD we should beat utah or pacers
    Utah is playing really well. Pretty close to .500 the last month or so. The last time we played you guys we outplayed you for 3 1/2 quarters and then AD went into superhero mode and you guys pulled out a close win at home and Derrick favors was out for the game. If AD and Ryno are out Utah should win.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Utah is playing really well. Pretty close to .500 the last month or so. The last time we played you guys we outplayed you for 3 1/2 quarters and then AD went into superhero mode and you guys pulled out a close win at home and Derrick favors was out for the game. If AD and Ryno are out Utah should win.
    Really well & pretty close to .500 seems like an Oxymoron !

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Gordon was out for us forgot to mention that. What about the time before that?

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Really well & pretty close to .500 seems like an Oxymoron !
    For a team with a 9 game losing streak pretty close to .500 is really well.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    The time before that AD went for 43 and 14 and you guys won by like 12. It was around a 5 point game going into the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    He also forgot to mention that Alex Burks was playing for Utah ! So, we have EG & who's going to guard Reke >Trey Burke? NOT !

All-Star
    He also forgot to mention that Alex Burks was playing for Utah ! So, we have EG & who's going to guard Reke >Trey Burke? NOT !
    I imagine Gordan will guard him some Millsap will guard him some and our 6'6" starting point guard will also guard him some.

Trey Burke is coming off the bench. It will probably be Elijah Millsap, younger brother of Paul, who will guard him. Basically a 3&D player. Has some nice defensive intensity.

Tyreke might have 30 tonight. Utah doesnt have 1 able body on their roster to guard Reke. Ajinca, Omer & withy will see plenty of action tonight. Just have to minimize the Paint damage. Utah is really long.

I imagine Gordan will guard him some Millsap will guard him some and our 6'6" starting point guard will also guard him some.
    So, your leading scorer will have to guard him, along with a stickman & a rookie ! I'll take that! As i said, Utah has no one that guard him. Your starting point guard being 6'6" is irrelevant. He'll have his lunch money taken repeatedly.

Tyreke might have 30 tonight. Utah doesnt have 1 able body on their roster to guard Reke. Ajinca, Omer & withy will see plenty of action tonight. Just have to minimize the Paint damage. Utah is really long.
    If anything, Millsap is a defensive player. Hayward is long enough to guard Tyreke and Exum is both long and fast enough to stay in front of him. Even if they don't Gobert is the top rim protector in opp%fg allowed near rim.

All-Star
    So, your leading scorer will have to guard him, along with a stickman & a rookie ! I'll take that! As i said, Utah has no one that guard him. Your starting point guard being 6'6" is irrelevant. He'll have his lunch money taken repeatedly.
    Yeah, were totally screwed. No way do we have a chance without you best player....

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Trey Burke is coming off the bench. It will probably be Elijah Millsap, younger brother of Paul, who will guard him. Basically a 3&D player. Has some nice defensive intensity.
    he's a rookie. He will get schooled ! you're asking a riookie to run the offense and guard Evans. Cool!

he's a rookie. He will get schooled ! you're asking a riookie to run the offense and guard Evans. Cool!
    Exum is not running the offense, Hayward is. Exum and Millsap are better defensively than Burks anyway so we are better with him out defensively. I guess we will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    If anything, Millsap is a defensive player. Hayward is long enough to guard Tyreke and Exum is both long and fast enough to stay in front of him. Even if they don't Gobert is the top rim protector in opp%fg allowed near rim.
    Connect the basketball dots! If Hayward guards Evans,Hayward will stink on offense. If Exum, 6'6" a buck 95 (SKINNY), guards Evans, he might get injured ! Milsaps is a rookie> Gracious!

All-Star
    I am sure we will have different people guard him throughout the game. We might lose, we might even get killed but to act like Utah has no shot of beating you guys without Jrue, AD and Anderson is myopic.

All-Star
    Connect the basketball dots! If Hayward guards Evans,Hayward will stink on offense. If Exum, 6'6" a buck 95 (SKINNY), guards Evans, he might get injured ! Milsaps is a rookie> Gracious!
    Millsap is 28 and has played a lot of basketball. He will be just fine.

Yeah, were totally screwed. No way do we have a chance without you best player....
    Typical ! No one said Utah didnt have a chance ! We are stating our argument to your statement that Utah will win . Projection is unattractive . Dont state that Utah will win & then claim that we stated opposite.

Millsap is 27 years old. What kind of logic is that? Why would Exum get injured guarding Tyreke? Dude took a elbow to the throat from Draymond Green, threw up in the locker room and continued to play. He pushed out Bogut for a rebound. Exum is just scared in offense. On defense he gets intense.

Millsap is 28 and has played a lot of basketball. He will be just fine.
    Being 28 & now, finally being good enough to play in the NBA, doesnt help your argument.

All-Star
    Typical ! No one said Utah didnt have a chance ! We are stating our argument to your statement that Utah will win . Projection is unattractive . Dont state that Utah will win & then claim that we stated opposite.
    "either way, with or without AD we should beat utah or pacers"

Thread Information