Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis Injury update

Too critical of a spot to sit him. At some point players have just got to play. We constantly seem to take precautions with him and he still gets these freak injuries. I have a feeling he'll end up getting hurt one way or another regardless of what we do.

My ideal idea would be to play these games and have him sit out All Star (that wont happen though)

Phoenix just lost to Sacramento.

If AD is out for the next game. How about starting DC at the 2 and QPon at the 3. Bring Anderson off the bench.

wait what? Reke DC QPON Ajinca? I'm not sure that would work....

If AD can play you should play him. It is time for this young team to grow up. In the playoffs no one is 100 percent. AD is the leader and should be allowed to set the needed standard. Toughness is expected, if you are injured then sit, but if you are just sore then it is time to go to work. Every game matters the rest of the season so there should be no more coddling. Right now is this young teams intro to what it takes to make the playoffs and inevitably compete in them. Even if they fail to make the playoffs this season by going for it will make them mentally stronger next year.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by kdalw1 View Post
    If AD is out for the next game. How about starting DC at the 2 and QPon at the 3. Bring Anderson off the bench.
    qpon would start the the 2 before DC.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Of the two teams, I think we need AD more against Utah. Ajinca has been fine against Indy in the past. Teams with big, clumsy centers are the ones he does fine against. AD was superhuman in the two games vs. Utah this year, and we needed it. He is averaging 37.3 pts on 74% shooting against them.
    The Utah game is a toss up with AD. Without him Utah wins easily.

either way, with or without AD we should beat utah or pacers

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    either way, with or without AD we should beat utah or pacers
    Really? Wow! I feel exactly the opposite. We just seem to match up really badly especially with Indiana.

I hope you are right though.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    qpon would start the the 2 before DC.
    I dont understand. What makes you say that?

You guys are making this too complex.

It is simple -- If the injury is only sore, and playing will not do any permanent damage. You play him both games. We are in the playoff race and you better believe that every single game is going to count at the end.

Plus he will be able to take it easy for almost a full week during the all-star break.

If he has more than a bruise and there is a possibility of further damage, you rest him. Or conversely, if the injury is limiting his motion enough to hurt his playstyle, then you sit him as well.

It was a tough fall.... nasty.... but AD is 21 and is still made of rubber-bands. If there is no bone/cartilage/structural damage...... I say at least start him and then play it by ear.

What would you do scenario:

Option 1: You play AD in these next two games and are guaranteed to go 2-0 if he stays healthy. But the odds of him making the injury worse is 15%

Option 2: You sit him and go 1-1, but he returns 100% after the break.

What would you do? Pure hypothetical that assumes you can know the future when, of course, we can't. Just seeing how big of gamblers some of us are.
    #2. AD @100% > 1 win.

Daniel Sallerson ‏@dsallerson 16s17 seconds ago

Per @PelicansPR Ryan Anderson (elbow soreness) is doubtful and Anthony Davis (shoulder) is out.

Banned
    If we avoid hero ball we should still win.

So we start both Ajinca and Asik? Or we start both Q-Pon and DC? Or...?

Yikes. I know Ryan Anderson has been inconsistent, but missing him, Davis, and Holiday? This will be a tough task tonight, and would be a huge, HUGE win no matter how ugly it looks.

Well this explains so many of Ryno's bad shots.

I wonder if we see more EG and Jimmer.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Banned
    qpon and DC

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    WOW. It's going to be a long night.

I am in favor of moving on from Monty, but I got to say that he has had some terrible luck with injuries. Every time we have some winnable games, a few guys go down and he has to change everything. I don't think he is a great coach, but if we have Portland's injury luck from last year, we win 50+ easily and all of a sudden the national perception is that he is a good coach.

I am getting tired of the injuries. Nobody's fault, but still, I am tired of them.
    @mcnamara247

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    How long before people start to call AD injury prone?

I am in favor of moving on from Monty, but I got to say that he has had some terrible luck with injuries. Every time we have some winnable games, a few guys go down and he has to change everything. I don't think he is a great coach, but if we have Portland's injury luck from last year, we win 50+ easily and all of a sudden the national perception is that he is a good coach.

I am getting tired of the injuries. Nobody's fault, but still, I am tired of them.
    I would be very interested in seeing how many of our medical and training staff have been tenured here for a very long time. I know injuries happen but it just seems like this franchise in particular always struggles with injuries. Players that never have injury problems come here and miss games then go elsewhere and seemingly struggle less.

Maybe it's just my perception and I know these injuries are unavoidable but in general it just seems off.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    How long before people start to call AD injury prone?
    One more season with multiple injuries. I am starting to think he may be already
    SIGN A SF

Like I said last night in this thread, bad feeling about both of these games. The fact that our core players are all young and we still have these injuries are what is most frustrating to me. More than likely its not going to get better. Its really incredible how well everything looked Friday and now it has turned into a pile of mush since then. The way I feel today is very similar to when way back in the day we traded Kendall Gill for Hersey Hawkins. REALLY REALLY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!

Ad is officially out per ESPN

Thread Information