Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can Anyone Name the BEST 3pt Catch and Shoot Player Since NOV 14th???

Trade Jrue and not EG maybe?

Why has nobody mentioned that Jrue may be injure prone? Multiple stress fractures??? Scary. Is Jrue Holiday actually now the injury prone one and EG has finally figured out how to take care of himself? Not a lot of reckless drives from EG anymore....

Plus, the team is playing great. Has Monty just all of a sudden had a coaching epiphany? After 4.5 years of coaching -- I don't think so.

I think the timing with Jrue's injury, and our teams performance seem to be pretty coincidental yes?

There has always been thoughts that all of our pieces don't mesh properly, but is it POSSIBLE that Jrue is the odd man out?

To me, this would not be a bad thing -- he should have a better trade value than anyone on our team not named Anthony Davis.

But quick - before you complain about Reke on quick guards.... not hurting us. Monty solved that quickly by putting EG on them and Reke gaurds the 2. Plus --- we should be able to get a nice backup PG (good defender) and a nice backup SG for Jrue - IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    Trade Jrue and not EG maybe?

Why has nobody mentioned that Jrue may be injure prone? Multiple stress fractures??? Scary. Is Jrue Holiday actually now the injury prone one and EG has finally figured out how to take care of himself? Not a lot of reckless drives from EG anymore....

Plus, the team is playing great. Has Monty just all of a sudden had a coaching epiphany? After 4.5 years of coaching -- I don't think so.

I think the timing with Jrue's injury, and our teams performance seem to be pretty coincidental yes?

There has always been thoughts that all of our pieces don't mesh properly, but is it POSSIBLE that Jrue is the odd man out?

To me, this would not be a bad thing -- he should have a better trade value than anyone on our team not named Anthony Davis.

But quick - before you complain about Reke on quick guards.... not hurting us. Monty solved that quickly by putting EG on them and Reke gaurds the 2. Plus --- we should be able to get a nice backup PG (good defender) and a nice backup SG for Jrue - IMO.
    Uhh Gordon miss games not too long ago this season and is a bad hit away from completely tearing his labrum. I'm happy hes playing well, but let's not get crazy.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I have this bad feeling that the House of Jrue is coming crashing down

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    He is shooting a REMARKABLE 83.1% EFG on overall catch and shoot shots. His name....
    ................Eric Gordon.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/20156...02%2F03%2F2015

FYI: for the entire season, based on the same parameters Gordon is #2 in catch and shoot 3PA
    http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...10%7CFG3A*GE*3

Ummm......
    Wasn't Austin Rivers 3rd in the league Catch and Shoot 3s last season?

Gordon has been great, but I don't think this stat portrays that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Ummm......
    Wasn't Austin Rivers 3rd in the league Catch and Shoot 3s last season?

Gordon has been great, but I don't think this stat portrays that.
    Exactly what is flawed about using catch and shoot statistics on players with a large sample size when analyzing catch and shoot shots? Because last year Rivers was decent at it? Not sure where you got he was 3rd in the league or why that disqualifies the stat. Though I Couldn't get the stats to produce that 3rd place at all. In a relatively small sample size and in extremely low usage in taking catch and shoot shots(70 shots he took in 69 games played) he did do a good job last season, 47%. This season he is down to 32%. Which goes along with what most of us saw while he was here.

Are his chances of opting out of his contract going up?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Not unless he thinks he can secure a longer term deal. Given his injury history, I highly doubt that would happen.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    By a little bit.

Basically, if someone offers him like 30 million or more, he'll take that. It seems unlikely he'd take much less than that. But if he continues playing the way he has, and starts actually playing a little better... some team might offer him a deal that would give him enough money. The guy thinks he is worth a max contract, apparently. However, he knows his injury history, and with us 15 million is guaranteed, all it takes is for the other offer to be higher than that by enough for Eric Gordon to want to take the guaranteed money. Who knows what that number is? Maybe he'd take 20 million, maybe 30, maybe not any.

After tonight Eric Gordon is now at 59% on catch and shoot 3PA since the Minnesota game on Nov 14. 52% from 3 overall since Nov 14th. 14 pst, 4.5 assists and 3 rebounds sine Nov 14th. 59% TS% and 56% EFG% since Nov 14th. And he is now up to a unbelievable 85.4 EFG% on catch and shoot shots.

If Gordon hadn't had the slump to start this season he would be in the conversation with Korver right now having an all time great 3 point shooting season.

The fact he wasn't invited to the the 3 point contest is a crime.

Say what you want about the guy but he has found a niche that will keep him in this league for a very long time.

This team needs to recognize that Gordon is the guy that should be getting 5-8 3PA a game and not Ryno.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 02-22-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Thread Information