Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans vs Hawks - 2-2-15

Who would have thought other team's trash are out gold? Dante and Q righted the ship, both have range, both are smart, both play tough D and both are glue guy.

I am excited to see what a healthy NOLA can do.

Reke/Gordon/Donte/AD/Asik + Jrue/RA/Q + Jimmer/AA

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Suns just lost in an incredible finish. We are in this playoff race for real. Lol...this team is playing great at the right time. We can beat anyone. The scary part is we can lose to anyone as well it seems. Really proud of this team right now.
    It's depressing to think if they hadn't been bad Pelicans against sub .500 Denver, they would be in that 8 spot right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    Who would have thought other team's trash are out gold? Dante and Q righted the ship, both have range, both are smart, both play tough D and both are glue guy.

I am excited to see what a healthy NOLA can do.

Reke/Gordon/Donte/AD/Asik + Jrue/RA/Q + Jimmer/AA
    I know right, Dante and Q-pon have been HUGE.

Cunningham has been solid but he shouldn't be a starter. Hope Dell is trying to get a starting catch and shoot SF who can hit 3s.

Cunningham should come off the bench for specific matchups

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Cunningham has been solid but he shouldn't be a starter. Hope Dell is trying to get a starting catch and shoot SF who can hit 3s.

Cunningham should come off the bench for specific matchups
    i had the same thought, heck of a player, but 9/10 times, he will be outmatched at his position.

Fun fact of the day: Milwaukee has the same record as us

Hawk fan here...

Nice effort, but this team has been coming back down to earth the last several games and they should be ashamed of their effort tonight. They looked like a bunch of whipped *****es.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Hawk fan here...

Nice effort, but this team has been coming back down to earth the last several games and they should be ashamed of their effort tonight. They looked like a bunch of whipped *****es.
    do u live in ATL?

Hawk fan here...

I wouldn't fret. The pelicans have played like a top 4 team in the west at home mostly where they are 17-6. It's on the road they look like ymca goofballs.

Tough spot for the Hawks and a keen betting man would have taken the Pellies tonight easy.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    do u live in ATL?
    Yes.

They had trouble beating Minny, NJ, Philly and Portland.

That means they're coming back down to earth. This team has no stars, rebounders, shot blockers or defenders. They peaked early.

Yes.

They had trouble beating Minny, NJ, Philly and Portland.

That means they're coming back down to earth. This team has no stars, rebounders, shot blockers or defenders. They peaked early.
    Give us a little insight on Jeff Teague, people have been arguing who is better between he and Jrue Holiday. Would love to have ur insight.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Give us a little insight on Jeff Teague, people have been arguing who is better between he and Jrue Holiday. Would love to have ur insight.
    Teague is either good or bad. He has good stretches and bad streaches. When he is on he is near unstoppable. When he is off it is usually because he looks disinterested.

The Pelicans have proven they can win at home. If the Pelicans can get to .500 on the road they will make the playoffs.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 02-03-2015 at 12:39 AM.

Hawk fan here...

You should be really proud of your team man. To do what they have done is incredible.
    Ill be rooting for them in the east playoffs

The next two games are against OKC and are monumental.

Wednesday Feb 4th vs OKC
    Friday Feb 6th @ OKC
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 02-03-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdalw1 View Post
    You should be really proud of your team man. To do what they have done is incredible.
    Ill be rooting for them in the east playoffs
    This franchise has always been nothing and nothing has changed.

A hot 2 month streak doesn't mean that this is not a treadmill team. Once they lose in the first or second round this "streak" will not matter at all.

Like the Braves and Falcons with all of their playoff failures.

Only here can you find people squabbling and bickering after ending the 19 streak win of the team with the best record in the nba you people don'tdeserve happiness

Nice Game from my man Omer,was crap on offense,but man he was brutal in Defense And rebounding,Hope he continues Cause the Pelicans Need him

A hot 2 month streak doesn't mean that this is not a treadmill team. Once they lose in the first or second round this "streak" will not matter at all.

And I thought Pelicans fans were cynical.

I finished watching the game, that was a great team win against a very good surprising team this year.

I'm very surprised with Gordon since he came back off the injury. He came with another mindset. His court vision is awesome and he's trying to set it up for others first than his shot (unlike in the past years). Plus he's catching fire with his shooting. Let's see if he can keep his ability to score regularly.
    The return of Pondexter was a great adquisition, he will not score much, but he brings toughness, fellowship and solidarity. He's the definition of a team player.
    The midrange shot of Cunningham is money. I was happy when we got him, I knew he was a great team player with good d and hustle. I remember him messing us up when he was in Minessota back in the past.
    I'm liking this Evans a lot. He's being much more unselfish than he was used to, he's distributing like a beast, and scoring better in the paint.
    With Anderson I would ask a bit of patience, even when he may desperate sometimes. I'm sure he's going through a slump with his shot. He's been through a lot of problems in the last year and so. Confidence...
    No need to say too much about Davis, he's just the best of the league. He dominates both ends and is a life insurance for every single game.

Props to Monty also, have to recognize he's doing better every day, and is competing and winning against the top teams. If only we could have beaten some of the teams we were supposed to... but I guess it's just part of the learning process.

COME ON!!! We can still get into the Playoffs!!! Competitiveness and hard spirit till the end, PLEASE!!!! That's all I ask.
    Last edited by takezor; 02-03-2015 at 07:22 AM.

What a typical Atlanta sports fan...ugh.

I am a New Orleans native Saints and Pelicans fan. I live in enemy territory here in Atlanta. I am so happy that I am not from here though. The fans of Atlanta sports teams are the worst. They never support their teams, even when they are doing good they bash on them (well I guess this kinda sounds like this forum sometimes but they are that way all the time.) I have been to a couple Hawks games this year including the Pelicans game and they are a great team. They may not have the superstar we have in Anthony Davis, but very few teams do.

They have the best record in the NBA still and this guy comes here saying the sky is falling because the lost their streak of 19 games straight. Man could you imagine if we had that record. Would any of our fans go onto another forum and bash our own team I certainly hope not. This is why they have to pump crowd noise into their stadiums; to drown out the noise of the boo's from fair-weather fans. I may live in Atlanta but I am thankful everyday that I am NOLA born and don't love these Atlanta teams because dealing with their terrible fans would drive me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post

I am a New Orleans native Saints and Pelicans fan. I live in enemy territory here in Atlanta. I am so happy that I am not from here though. The fans of Atlanta sports teams are the worst. They never support their teams, even when they are doing good they bash on them (well I guess this kinda sounds like this forum sometimes but they are that way all the time.) I have been to a couple Hawks games this year including the Pelicans game and they are a great team. They may not have the superstar we have in Anthony Davis, but very few teams do.

They have the best record in the NBA still and this guy comes here saying the sky is falling because the lost their streak of 19 games straight. Man could you imagine if we had that record. Would any of our fans go onto another forum and bash our own team I certainly hope not. This is why they have to pump crowd noise into their stadiums; to drown out the noise of the boo's from fair-weather fans. I may live in Atlanta but I am thankful everyday that I am NOLA born and don't love these Atlanta teams because dealing with their terrible fans would drive me crazy.
    Sadly I agree. I stay in Atlanta now too, and the whole "gold digging" philosophy here is really pathetic. Its hard to find loyal fans here. Its all about if your hot...
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post

I'm sorry that people hate facts.

The fact is... This franchise has done nothing worth caring about since leaving St. Louis. Yes, they got lucky and won the division because Michael Jordan took a year off. I've been here throughout the poor drafts, the 13 win season and the first and 2nd round exits. The failures of Jon Kontract, Ken Norman, the playoff guarantee, trading for JR Rider, drafting Marvin Williams and Shelden Williams.

It matters what you do in April, May and June. This team is not going to the finals with a K-mart version of the Spurs.

The big bird is soaring now. Blowing out the best team in the NBA with 19W streak and now contending for the 8th seat. Just toast each time while the good time lasts. Hurray!!! Go Pelicans!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    The Big Brow is a beast. That nickname will catch on I on promise lol but to me that felt like one of the biggest wins in Pelicans history so far, just pelicans not NO Hornets or whatever. It just showed that this team is ready to battle for the playoffs and isn't taking no for an answer yet. OKC and PHX better get it together. This team just has heart, an abundance of it.
    Last edited by wuggie; 02-03-2015 at 03:16 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Thread Information