Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Association: Monty Williams

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Our top 6 players can rival pretty much anyones
    Maybe people are overestimating just how talented this roster is.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Maybe people are overestimating just how talented this roster is.
    This.

Or that talent is all that matters.

You look at the top teams in the West and their core has been together at least 3 years. We add new pieces every year and the new pieces we added last year have barely played together. I mean, I don't have the numbers on me, but how many games have AD and Jrue even played together? Now, compare that to Steph and Klay or CP3 and Blake, Conley/Z-Bo/Gasol.

It takes more than just raw talent in basketball.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Or that talent is all that matters.

You look at the top teams in the West and their core has been together at least 3 years. We add new pieces every year and the new pieces we added last year have barely played together. I mean, I don't have the numbers on me, but how many games have AD and Jrue even played together? Now, compare that to Steph and Klay or CP3 and Blake, Conley/Z-Bo/Gasol.

It takes more than just raw talent in basketball.
    This is true I just get frustrated with monty when I look at a guy like pop who has people sitting on purpose but will plug players in and still contend. I hope monty proves me wrong because by all accounts he seems like a good person but I just don't see it.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    This is true I just get frustrated with monty when I look at a guy like pop who has people sitting on purpose but will plug players in and still contend. I hope monty proves me wrong because by all accounts he seems like a good person but I just don't see it.
    That's exactly what chemistry provides. That Matt Bonner could average 2mpg or 20 mpg and know exactly what he needs to do when he gets in the game. Our team hasn't defined roles yet, because we've played less than 12 games as an intact unit so far (0 if you count Qpon). The benefit of chemistry and NOT changing coaches every couple years is just that.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I hope this team figures it out before Monty the coach is sacrificed because Monty the Person is all-world.

Thread Information