Pelicans Report

Thread: Joel Meyers in the Key & Peele skit

Off Topic Joel Meyers in the Key & Peele skit

I know this isn't Pelicans related... but Meyers is our broadcaster

we know Meyers is considered 1 of the best and most iconic voices when it comes to play-by-play... outside of the Saints & Pelicans... TNT has used him for the NBA playoffs and NBC had him on summer olympic coverage

but here he is on Comedy Central's Key & Peele doing "play-by-play" for the "East-West Collegiate Bowl" skits (those of you on here who are Saints fans remember Lance Moore's final TD as a Saint got Kenny Stills flagged for being the referee during Moore's "Hingle McCringleberry 3 thrusts" TD celebration from 1 of these skits)

I really think that shows just how respected as a broadcaster Meyers is that this national show wanted him... and that he doesn't take himself too seriously and did it
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I was not a fan of Bob Licht and Gil McGregor, so kudos to Benson for getting us Meyers and Wesley. They're more objective than any other local announcers in the league and better than most national announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by joetzeng View Post
    I was not a fan of Bob Licht and Gil McGregor, so kudos to Benson for getting us Meyers and Wesley. They're more objective than any other local announcers in the league and better than most national announcers.
    I remember the first few games of Wesley's career as a broadcaster here. He started off poorly, but since then has really become fun to listen to and entered his own personality as a commentator. Meyers will always be Meyers, and I love how much he has become apart of the city.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Well that was Wesley's broadcasting debut so it's not a big deal. I love Wesley's objectivity and style, met him once before the game and he was nice enough to take a picture with me so he'll always have a soft spot here lol

Quote Originally Posted by joetzeng View Post
    Well that was Wesley's broadcasting debut so it's not a big deal. I love Wesley's objectivity and style, met him once before the game and he was nice enough to take a picture with me so he'll always have a soft spot here lol
    Yep, I like the duo we got and hope they will be here a long, log time. Kinda like the guys for Sacramento or for the Clippers.

Now if we could only get the V man back on the radio.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

That show is taped in L.A. Meyers was a Lakers announcer before coming here.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I was watching that again last night. Everytime I see that east west skit its hilarious. And having Meyers in it was pretty cool. If id remembered he was in those I would have brought it up when I met a few weeks ago. How could you keep a straight face repeating those players names?

Thread Information