Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who Would You Trade Jrue For?

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Idk I think tyreke is the second best player on the team... Maybe we should have a poll
    I do too, but TBF i think Jrue and Reke are 2 and 2a

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Why would anyone be perceived as mean? I wouldn't perceive anyone as mean for a reply like that, more like "dumb." I said it was just for fun and was not factual for the teams future, just wanted to see Jrue's trade value, but people on here never cease to amaze me. Also for people saying u wouldn't trade him, what if the thunder offered Durant for him? Will they? No, point is no one is untraceable and I wanted to know what people here would want for him. I guess to properly interpret the original post you need to have some imagination.
    I will say this, you certainly pick some interesting hills to die on sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    With how well the team is playing without Jrue it begs the question, would we rather Noel now?
    We are playing so well without Nerlens too.....

Why would anyone be perceived as mean? I wouldn't perceive anyone as mean for a reply like that, more like "dumb." I said it was just for fun and was not factual for the teams future, just wanted to see Jrue's trade value, but people on here never cease to amaze me. Also for people saying u wouldn't trade him, what if the thunder offered Durant for him? Will they? No, point is no one is untraceable and I wanted to know what people here would want for him. I guess to properly interpret the original post you need to have some imagination.
    By that logic, then why not start a 'What would you trade AD for?" thread. I mean, if the Cavs offered Lebron and Kyrie, we would have to consider it.

To me, it just gets old sometimes. Tyreke has a few bad games and there is his trade thread. Then, he plays well, and here comes the 'Move Jrue to the bench' and 'Jrue's trade value' thread.

I have told you this before, and I mean it - you have some valuable basketball insight at times, but 80% of your threads, if not more, are trade threads. Jrue isn't going anywhere, and I personally don't see how it is "fun" to discuss trading a guy who is here to stay. And to be honest, if we did trade Jrue for some guy you love now, you know that you would have that guy in a trade thread after a poor 3 game stretch.

I just wish you would share your insights about our current team more rather than spending so much time on trade threads, but it is a free country. Just my $.02
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    With how well the team is playing without Jrue it begs the question, would we rather Noel now?
    Asik>Noel. Jrue>Noel.

CP3

Heh

Banned
    Dragic and Gerald Green.

I know it is all in fun but no way would I trade Davis, Holiday or Evans. Evans in my opinion is a poorman's Lebron except he is a couple inches shorter and doesn't have Lebrons insane athletic abilty and Evans can bull his way to the paint like Lebron can. I think the best part about those 3 is they are all still very young.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    By that logic, then why not start a 'What would you trade AD for?" thread. I mean, if the Cavs offered Lebron and Kyrie, we would have to consider it.

To me, it just gets old sometimes. Tyreke has a few bad games and there is his trade thread. Then, he plays well, and here comes the 'Move Jrue to the bench' and 'Jrue's trade value' thread.

I have told you this before, and I mean it - you have some valuable basketball insight at times, but 80% of your threads, if not more, are trade threads. Jrue isn't going anywhere, and I personally don't see how it is "fun" to discuss trading a guy who is here to stay. And to be honest, if we did trade Jrue for some guy you love now, you know that you would have that guy in a trade thread after a poor 3 game stretch.

I just wish you would share your insights about our current team more rather than spending so much time on trade threads, but it is a free country. Just my $.02
    Ok a few things:

1. Why not start an AD trade thread? Because I don't want to know what people on here would be willing to give up for AD, this thread was about Jrue, so... case closed on that.

2. You have no idea if Jrue is here to stay or not, you have your opinions that he is a long term option, which I also think he is, but u can't say that him being here in set in stone.

I've made plenty of others threads, like how well players are doing in certain stretches, how it seems that everyone who comes to NOLA from else where sees a significant drop in their defensive rating, I just so happened to make this thread and want to know what people thought of Jrue's trade value. Still can't figure out why people who can't bring insight to the topic insist on posting in it.

I really hope u don't take this as me being rude, and I appreciate u saying u value my basketball insight, but i'm just telling u how it is. This is a place for pelicans fans to talk about what interests them and things they enjoy, and thats all i'm doing. I wouldn't ever tell u to not write detailed articles about the pelicans simply because they don't interest me, because u enjoy it, and thats why we are here.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 02-01-2015 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I do too, but TBF i think Jrue and Reke are 2 and 2a
    thats how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Dragic and Gerald Green.
    well Green is gonna be an UFA so change it from gerald green to miles plumlee and I might do it.

For someone who will be able to stop you from posting trade threads

Just a laugh guru heh, we all can be insufferable, myself included

Who Would You Trade Jrue For?

well Green is gonna be an UFA so change it from gerald green to miles plumlee and I might do it.
    I'd stab you both if either of those trades happened. The type of player I'd be looking to get back for Jrue is Lillard and the reason I'd do that trade is because of Jrue's injuries the last 2 years. Jrue is 80% of Lillard's offense but Lillard is about 60% of Jrue's defense.

That's why I said in my original post that there's no answer to this question. Because any trade we would move Jrue in is something the other team wouldn't do. He is 2nd as far as valuable to this team goes.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-01-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Mmm, Lillard would be a fun one too.

I think Jrue is as tradable as anyone not named AD. If the right offer comes around you listen, and if it really is something that can benefit the team you kick it around with the top brass. I hope the front office only views AD as untradable, as he is the only one you can honestly pinpoint our success to.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

I think Jrue is as tradable as anyone not named AD. If the right offer comes around you listen, and if it really is something that can benefit the team you kick it around with the top brass. I hope the front office only views AD as untradable, as he is the only one you can honestly pinpoint our success to.
    Sure I agree that if the right offer came along. But what team is going to offer enough for him? We don't want prospects or picks. And his injury concerns will decrease his trade value far below what we paid for him. I just can't imagine any trade that both sides would agree to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'd stab you both if either of those trades happened. The type of player I'd be looking to get back for Jrue is Lillard and the reason I'd do that trade is because of Jrue's injuries the last 2 years. Jrue is 80% of Lillard's offensebut Lillard is about 60% of Jrue's defense.

That's why I said in my original post that there's no answer to this question. Because any trade we would move Jrue in is something the other team wouldn't do. He is 2nd as far as valuable to this team goes.
    Do you actually believe this?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Do you actually believe this?

They are remarkably similar offensively with the only clear stand out thing Lillard doing better being getting to the line. Everything else either one or the other is within ~5% of each other. The 20% I give to Lillard is because of his offensive intangibles.

Lillard >> Jrue. He puts his team on his back alot more and is probably the clutchest player in the league. give me the big shot maker over defense

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'd stab you both if either of those trades happened. The type of player I'd be looking to get back for Jrue is Lillard and the reason I'd do that trade is because of Jrue's injuries the last 2 years. Jrue is 80% of Lillard's offense but Lillard is about 60% of Jrue's defense.

I hear ya, but Dragic is an absolute beast, would i trade jrue straight up for him? No, would I do it for Dragic and Plumlee, well that is hard to pass up. You would never be able to get Lillard for him because offense is more highly valued than defense sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

thats how I feel, thank you.

I hear ya, but Dragic is an absolute beast, would i trade jrue straight up for him?
    I probably would if Dragic contract wasnt expiring

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    I probably would if Dragic contract wasnt expiring
    straight up? Na couldn't do it, Dragic doesn't do anything better than Jrue besides finish at the rim IMO. Jrue is a better passer, rebounder, defender, 3pt shooter, etc.

Plus Dragic is 28, and Jrue is only 24.

What Dragic did last year without the other PGs in his way was pretty ridiculous. He's a better player than Jrue, I think he would make a better #2 option to AD

sorry i just can't agree, like I said, the only thing dragic does better than jrue is finish tough layups around the rim, Jrue is better at everything else, is younger, and will be on a cheaper contract than Dragic. Just my opinion though, not saying ur wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    What Dragic did last year without the other PGs in his way was pretty ridiculous. He's a better player than Jrue, I think he would make a better #2 option to AD
    He's also 28 turning 29. He'd be 33 before we make any serious noise and start declining. No thanks.

Thread Information