Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who Would You Trade Jrue For?

Who Would You Trade Jrue For?

Just for fun, lee's say Jrue heals up, comes back to be his normal self and finishes the season averaging 16-8-4 shooting a high FG% and 3pt% with stellar defense like usual. Then let's say this team decides that Tyreke is the answer at PG and they want to move Jrue. Who are some targets you think would be possible?

And before anyone says, we would trade tyreke before jrue, blah blah blah, I just said, this is for fun.

Theres so many good PGs in the league I think his value wouldn't be what it should be. Most of the playoff teams dont need him

If he averaged 16-8-4 off of good %'s and stellar defense why would we want to trade him?

Clearly he and Reke would be working quite well if he averaged those.

The simple answer is, he has more value to us and I'd have to imagine any deal we would want another team would not. I'm not interested in picks or prospects so it'd have to be proven players.

Kevin Durant (you said this was for fun right?).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I think right now a healthy Jrue is exactly what this team needs if everyone else is playing at the level they need to.

If we trade Jrue Holiday, who you replace him with is of more importance to me than who you get in return. Obviously you'd be targeting a SF, but I'm not sure that's as big a need as it used to be.

If you made me do it, I would go for a mega deal and package him with Ryan Anderson, our 2016 1st round pick, and anything else I could throw in to get Paul George.

That's the kind of deal I'd be trying to pull of. A game changer.

I try to steal Jabari or the Greek Freak from the Bucks by taking back Sanders and giving them Jrue, Ryno and whatever. I'd see if Utah was interested in an Alec Burks, Tre Burke, Kanter sign and trade for Ryan and Jrue...obviously not resigning Asik.

I don't know man... I'm racking my brain, but I can't find a real deal that I think would actually happen involving Jrue.

We wouldn't get much value in return at this point. We need to find a way to get Wilson Chandler tho. I heard Mo Williams is available too. Those 2 additions to our roster could get us over the hump imo.

LeBron. ..

Assuming he's healthy, package him with Ryno to Sacramento.

Ryno/Jrue
    Collison/Thompson/Stauskiss

Sacramento wants to trade Stauskiss for a stretch 4, they've been trying to dump Thompson's contract almost since they signed him, and Jrue is a bigger, better, although more expensive version of Collison.

On the Pels side, they get a cheaper version of Jrue, not as big and versatile, but if you're doing this it's probably to make Tyreke your PG so a cheaper version of Jrue is what you'd want long term. You also get a decent backup big albeit on a bad contract and a cheap young shooter (although he hasn't shot well so far in the NBA).

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Assuming he's healthy, package him with Ryno to Sacramento.

Ryno/Jrue
    Collison/Thompson/Stauskiss

Sacramento wants to trade Stauskiss for a stretch 4, they've been trying to dump Thompson's contract almost since they signed him, and Jrue is a bigger, better, although more expensive version of Collison.

On the Pels side, they get a cheaper version of Jrue, not as big and versatile, but if you're doing this it's probably to make Tyreke your PG so a cheaper version of Jrue is what you'd want long term. You also get a decent backup big albeit on a bad contract and a cheap young shooter (although he hasn't shot well so far in the NBA).
    wtf, this is terrible. The 2 best players in this entire trade are jrue and ryno lol.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Jrue, Anderson, Jimmer, Withey, a 1st round pick for Andre Drummond and Jonas Jerebko

I get that you're bored, but why man? Why even entertain the idea of trading our 2nd best player, especially when his numbers are great. I mean, he is only 24 years old! He can shoot, handle the rock, pass, he plays on and off the ball, and he defends! What more do you want? Throw in his age and favorable contract, and I just don't get the point of this thread.

That said (and trying to respect the thread, even though I think it's nonsense), I wouldn't trade him unless it was for another borderline All Star at the SF position.

Reke, Gordon, Cunningham, AD, Drummond...

Use MLE to sign a SF and cont to look for a solid vet backup pg... Then contend

If we got Drummond this team would be brutal.

I wouldn't trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I get that you're bored, but why man? Why even entertain the idea of trading our 2nd best player, especially when his numbers are great. I mean, he is only 24 years old! He can shoot, handle the rock, pass, he plays on and off the ball, and he defends! What more do you want? Throw in his age and favorable contract, and I just don't get the point of this thread.

That said (and trying to respect the thread, even though I think it's nonsense), I wouldn't trade him unless it was for another borderline All Star at the SF position.
    Thank you for saying this on behalf of all of us who didn't want to be perceived as mean
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

I think Jrue sounds better on paper than he plays on the court.. Offensively he's just kind of meh alot of the time. He should be a 3rd or 4th wheel based on his play so far.

Not that I wanna trade him, but I wouldn't consider him untouchable

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Jrue, Anderson, Jimmer, Withey, a 1st round pick for Andre Drummond and Jonas Jerebko
    That's actually not a bad trade. Drummond is having a very nice year, and pairing him and AD would be downright illegal in some states. Jerebko has also had a nice year. You lose your ability to hit the 3 by moving Ryno, and you lose a first rounder, and you also lose your backup guard, and your starting pg. but if this is a trade that follows another trade netting you a couple of backups, I wouldn't make any bones about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    wtf, this is terrible. The 2 best players in this entire trade are jrue and ryno lol.
    Collison is having a pretty good season, I personally don't agree because I think Jrue's size and ability to guard multiple positions is of great value, but there are many that would argue Collison gives you essentially the same player for around half the price. If you trade Ryno now you are trading low IMO, so you aren't going to get a ton of value. Maybe you can convince the Kings to throw in a pick, but based on Ryno and Jrue's current/recent injury history this is probably a fair deal. You also have to factor in that if we are trading Jrue it is most likely because we are trying to move him, teams use facts like that against you. I'm not saying it's a great trade or one I would jump on, but if you think it's terrible I think you are overestimating the current trade value of Ryno and Jrue. Trading either one of those guys before the deadline would be a mistake.

Drummond will be a good choice . But actually I prefer a good PG in return . Reke or gordon are only short term replacements...

Idk I think tyreke is the second best player on the team... Maybe we should have a poll
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

I wouldn't trade him jrue has the potential to be everything we want from a pg he just needs proper coaching
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    I think Jrue sounds better on paper than he plays on the court.. Offensively he's just kind of meh alot of the time. He should be a 3rd or 4th wheel based on his play so far.

Not that I wanna trade him, but I wouldn't consider him untouchable
    +1 This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Thank you for saying this on behalf of all of us who didn't want to be perceived as mean
    Why would anyone be perceived as mean? I wouldn't perceive anyone as mean for a reply like that, more like "dumb." I said it was just for fun and was not factual for the teams future, just wanted to see Jrue's trade value, but people on here never cease to amaze me. Also for people saying u wouldn't trade him, what if the thunder offered Durant for him? Will they? No, point is no one is untraceable and I wanted to know what people here would want for him. I guess to properly interpret the original post you need to have some imagination.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 01-31-2015 at 03:45 PM.

With how well the team is playing without Jrue it begs the question, would we rather Noel now?

Thread Information