Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: N/P: Stay Classy Austin

N/P: Stay Classy Austin

@latbbolch · 19m 19 minutes ago
    Austin Rivers: "We gave them that win. That’s our win. We were supposed to take that from them."

Felt like this deserved it's own thread.

I was a big austin supporter but this and other things this year(his bro) really soured me.

Some will say it's no big deal but I expect more professionalism.
    Last edited by The Emperor; 01-30-2015 at 11:48 PM.

Draft Pick
    I kind of like him and I agree with him, they were supposed to get the W, the Pels didn't have Davis and Jrue.

we didn't give them squat, we had like a 14 point lead in the 4th and CP3 made a huge comeback, not rivers. Regardless we earned and deserved that win. Now if the clips would have came back and won, WE should have been the ones saying we had that win and gave it to them.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Austin Rivers: "We gave them that win. That’s our win. We were supposed to take that from them."

Felt like this deserved it's own thread.

I was a big austin supporter but this and other things this year(his bro) really soured me.

Some will say it's no big deal but I expect more professionalism.

He's a young guy whose ego has taken a big hit over the last few years. I have no problem with him venting after losing a game they thought they should of won.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    we didn't give them squat, we had like a 14 point lead in the 4th and CP3 made a huge comeback, not rivers. Regardless we earned and deserved that win. Now if the clips would have came back and won, WE should have been the ones saying we had that win and gave it to them.
    Im with you, who is he to try to take away a well deserved win that our team earned. Yes we kind of fell apart there in the fourth, but the important thing is we regained composure and finished the job, something I can't recall happening earlier in the season.

It's always the crap players in the NBA that talk smack because they have something to prove.

Still waiting Austin.

I wonder if we were getting ready to tank it in the 4th and somebody on the bench was like, "Yo, we gunna lose to that turd Austin? Man up! We better than that!" And everyone else was like, "Yeah, how the heck are we going to let Austin Rivers beat us. That guy couldn't even beat out Jimmer." And then they look at Jommer and are like, "Yo, no offense Jimmer." And Jimmers all like, "it's cool. I know I am sucking it up."

***1,2,3! Go team!***
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I wonder if we were getting ready to tank it in the 4th and somebody on the bench was like, "Yo, we gunna lose to that turd Austin? Man up! We better than that!" And everyone else was like, "Yeah, how the heck are we going to let Austin Rivers beat us. That guy couldn't even beat out Jimmer." And then they look at Jommer and are like, "Yo, no offense Jimmer." And Jimmers all like, "it's cool. I know I am sucking it up."

***1,2,3! Go team!***
    attempt at humor....completely fails.....moment of silence

Apparently the Pelicans didn't get that message Austin.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    His dad told him to say that. You know... Confidence and all.

Edit: Either that or they interviewed the only Clipper who accidentally went into the Pelicans locker room.

What bothered me more was him talking about how much more freedom he's been having. We've tried Rivers at every position he could play and the guy just sucked.
    Last edited by joetzeng; 01-31-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isitsunday View Post
    attempt at humor....completely fails.....moment of silence
    I am not a comedian, but I thought it had some truth to it.

They did give us that win, and we took it. They shot 25% from 3 and missed a few layups in the first half to keep us close, then Austin gave us 3 free throws and a turnover. We took that game the same way the Sixers and Knicks took games from us when we had Austin on our team. They had more healthy talent and we had more heart and determination. Now we need to learn to bring that to every game, not just those where we are the underdog.....

Austin take that L and go find a jumper.

Not worried about this dude to be honest, he's not good enough for me to care one way or the other if he feels disrespected or not. If it helps him feel motivated then i guess its the spark he needed but i still think hes gonna be out of the league in a few years.

Can someone actually link where this was taken from? Can't find the actual quote.

He is 21.

I am not an AR fanboy, but there are 2 things posters in this thread should realize:

1) he is 21 = 95% of all 21 year old males are immature. Do any of you disagree? You must be that 1 out of 20.
    2) he is 21 = he will improve. I do not expect him out of the league anytime soon. He will probably never be more than a role player, but role players make up the majority of the NBA the last time I checked.

Imagine the ego, and then hard fall for this kid. He was actually ranked ABOVE AD in some high school rankings (#1 high school recruit) Then he goes from being Ad's teammate, watching AD achieve unbelievable things, to being a daddy's boy on daddy's team.

Give him a break I'd say. All accounts say that AR works his butt off. I believe he tried his hardest for my team, and although the results were poor, I certainly appreciate the effort.

I wonder if the Clippers will give AR a nice big contract, or if in order to do that the new owner will want an outside party to negotiate that deal.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Such a lame thing to say, and, such a lame thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    He is 21.

I am not an AR fanboy, but there are 2 things posters in this thread should realize:

1) he is 21 = 95% of all 21 year old males are immature. Do any of you disagree? You must be that 1 out of 20.
    2) he is 21 = he will improve. I do not expect him out of the league anytime soon. He will probably never be more than a role player, but role players make up the majority of the NBA the last time I checked.

Imagine the ego, and then hard fall for this kid. He was actually ranked ABOVE AD in some high school rankings (#1 high school recruit) Then he goes from being Ad's teammate, watching AD achieve unbelievable things, to being a daddy's boy on daddy's team.

Give him a break I'd say. All accounts say that AR works his butt off. I believe he tried his hardest for my team, and although the results were poor, I certainly appreciate the effort.
    He's 22....and he's not a rookie. He's just acting like entitled below average NBA player. ...No more excuses for Austin.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

N/P: Stay Classy Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    He is 21.

Rivers is right. The CLIPPERS are definitely better and should have kicked our butts. They played poorly and we barely beat them at home. I want to see consistency. Beat HAWKS and then I'll really raise my brows!
    Last edited by pelicanchamp; 01-31-2015 at 03:50 PM. Reason: g

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Rivers is right. The CLIPPERS are definitely better and should have kicked our butts. They played poorly and we barely beat them at home. I want to see consistency. Beat HAWKS and then I'll really raise my brows!
    Really? Wow man lol

Thread Information