Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mo Williams Available In Trade Talks

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Rumor Mo Williams Available In Trade Talks

The Minnesota Timberwolves are making Mo Williams available in trade talks.

Williams signed with the Wolves in the offseason and the club is looking for draft pick compensation.

Williams scored 52 points on Jan. 13.

Source: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...In-Trade-Talks

Well, if they want a 2nd rounder we can make that happen.

Can the Wolves buy out his contract?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Flip has stated in the past he likes Wolters a lot, but didn't have the room to bring him in. It would be a great story...hometown kid playing for the Wolves. We do a sign and trade with Minny and throw in the 2nd we got from the Grizzlies.

they can have Ryno, a 2nd and Wolters for Mo and Thaddeus

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Deal

Wolters is still on a 10 day contract.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Rentals ? If so, then no .. Long term,(esp Young) then yes!We would then have to try and sign a stretch 4 for next year ! If we make that trade now,we have basically given up ALL floor stretching ability that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Rentals ? If so, then no .. Long term,(esp Young) then yes!We would then have to try and sign a stretch 4 for next year ! If we make that trade now,we have basically given up ALL floor stretching ability that we have.
    all floor stretching? How so? Mo is just as good as a 3pt shooter as ryno, and thaddeus is a better 3pt shooter than nate.

if we sign wolters to a full season deal, can we combined him to trade? you'd need salmons involved to match $$

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    if we sign wolters to a full season deal, can we combined him to trade? you'd need salmons involved to match $$
    No.
    @mcnamara247

I'd love if we could sign Wolters to a deal to flip him and Salmons to Minny for Mo Williams. We could throw in the 2nd rounder, if necessary.

I'd be very pleased if Dell could make a deal like this happen. We started off the season with no depth behind the starting 5 and Ryno, but with Dell basically flipping Rivers, Smith, Wolters and Salmons for Q-Pon and Mo we would have really improved the bench without trading any of the main pieces of the team. Little moves like this and consistent improvement of the team could keep Dell's job safe.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    No.
    Worked on the trade machine for me, but I wasn't thinking about Wolters 10 day contract at the time. What do you think we could realistically offer Minny for Mo Williams that would interest them?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Worked on the trade machine for me, but I wasn't thinking about Wolters 10 day contract at the time. What do you think we could realistically offer Minny for Mo Williams that would interest them?
    AD and a protected 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    You can't trade Wolters this year if you sign him.

I don't know if Minny is interested long term in Withey or Babbitt, but those guys plus Salmons plus the Grizz pick.

What I wonder is if we will trade Salmons. Not because he is valuable but because of the class of our organization. He has been through a lot and maybe he was even given a light promise when he signed that he wouldn't be signed and then moved. Us insisting on it being Rivers instead of Salmons makes me wonder. Theoretically we could have done the trade with Salmons and then went and got a 2nd, Bullock, etc. for Rivers. But we didn't.

I really am starting to wonder if we will trade Salmons

Dude goes off for 52 and now some other team will overpay for him. I want him here but i think other teams will have more to offer.

I don't know if Minny is interested long term in Withey or Babbitt, but those guys plus Salmons plus the Grizz pick.

What I wonder is if we will trade Salmons. Not because he is valuable but because of the class of our organization. He has been through a lot and maybe he was even given a light promise when he signed that he wouldn't be signed and then moved. Us insisting on it being Rivers instead of Salmons makes me wonder. Theoretically we could have done the trade with Salmons and then went and got a 2nd, Bullock, etc. for Rivers. But we didn't.

So, to make the deal work, Salmons would have to be included in this scenario ? I would also find a way to get Troy Daniels from them as well.
    Last edited by SaintPelican225; 01-30-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Read this as Monty Williams available in trade talks, spit my drink out laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Read this as Monty Williams available in trade talks, spit my drink out laughing.
    hahahahahahahhahahahahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Dude goes off for 52 and now some other team will overpay for him. I want him here but i think other teams will have more to offer.
    I said it the night of the 52 point game and will say it again now - No GM will base an evaluation off one game, good or bad. Williams will command a 2nd round pick, at most, in any trade.

Ok assume you can put together a trade of say... Salmons, Withey and a 2nd. (Ignore contracts, I'm just making stuff up), and not including Wolters. Couldn't the Pels just NOT resign Wolters and let him go after this 10 day contract, and have the Timberwolves snap him up? It's not a trade, but it'd be a team releasing a player so another team can get him. Or is there some rule against making an agreement like that?

Just read and article about teams who have interest in Mo Williams.....The usual suspects......Clippers, Cavs, Heat...

Banned
    One of the worst defenders in the league at the PG position.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Ok assume you can put together a trade of say... Salmons, Withey and a 2nd. (Ignore contracts, I'm just making stuff up), and not including Wolters. Couldn't the Pels just NOT resign Wolters and let him go after this 10 day contract, and have the Timberwolves snap him up? It's not a trade, but it'd be a team releasing a player so another team can get him. Or is there some rule against making an agreement like that?
    Of course they could, but I don't know why they would - he has been terrible in both places this year.

But bigger picture to answer the question, this stuff doesn't happen because signing a player is a two way street. He has to want to go their too and if a team implied something like this to the player, they could receive huge penalties.

But yeah, in this scenario the Wolves could get him if they want him because I doubt anybody else will be banging down his door

But bigger picture to answer the question, this stuff doesn't happen because signing a player is a two way street. He has to want to go their too and if a team implied something like this to the player, they could receive huge penalties.r
    This is more or less what I expected. Thanks.

Of course they could, but I don't know why they would - he has been terrible in both places this year.

But bigger picture to answer the question, this stuff doesn't happen because signing a player is a two way street. He has to want to go their too and if a team implied something like this to the player, they could receive huge penalties.

But yeah, in this scenario the Wolves could get him if they want him because I doubt anybody else will be banging down his door
    So is it possible to sign him (Mo) and what would it take?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Thread Information