Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management ‘beyond repair'

Rumor Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management ‘beyond repair'

several league sources believe Thibodeau’s relationship with management is beyond repair.

And while there are no plans to replace Thibodeau during the season, a mutual parting of the ways after this season wouldn’t surprise many league personnel familiar with the deteriorating dynamic.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...beyond-repair/

Make it happen Loomis. (or Demps or whoever makes things happen these days)

We'd be complaining about how he manages his players within 2 seconds of hiring him.

I am sure we would eventually complain about how he plays his best players of or 95% of the game, but he gets results.

I would kill to get him here. He has few faults, and it is questionable as to who made that Boston Celtics team Champions, was it Doc or Tom? Either way, if he can get better production out of AD than he did from KG, we already have the better Rajon Rondo in Jrue, it will be about getting him a money ball equivalent to Ray Allen, Posey, and Pierce.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 01-29-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I am sure we would eventually complain about how he plays his best players of or 95% of the game, but he gets results.

I would kill to get him here. He has few faults, and it is questionable as to who made that Boston Celtics team Champions, was it Doc or Tom? Either way, if he can get better production out of AD than he did from KG, we already have the better Rajon Rondo in Jrue, it will be about getting him a money ball equivalent to Ray Allen, Posey, and Pierce.
    I think you're forgetting how good Rondo was back a few years.

He was knocking out trip dubs on the daily.

Jrue ain't quite at dat level yet.

But Rondo wasn't called on to be the 2nd banana until the end of that Boston run. Jrue takes more responibility than Rondo took for those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Thibs has a great defensive scheme, but that first part of your post is a legitimate point that can and should be debated.

Thibodaux comes from the school of thought that you play your starters enough to ensure victory, and doesn't seem to buy into the benefits of reducing minutes for the long term. I was watching a game a few weeks ago b/t the Bulls and Jazz. He put Jimmy Butler back in with 6 minutes left to play in the 4th ... the Bulls down 23. He'll rest guys with actual injury issues, but that's basically it.

I can't sit here and tell you Derrick Rose is having these issues because of overuse ... but he's breaking down, and Joakim Noah seems pretty broken down himself these days. I'd be very concerned about the long term future of Anthony Davis if we had Thibodaux - albiet, we'd see a serious, serious increase in short term results.

I would take tom Thibodeaux yesterday
    I'm a grinder

Thibs over Monty any day of the week but I want to see this team with a new style of play not just a new coach.

Monty is a class act and a good mentor for our young team IMO but it's about W's, and Monty just isn't getting enough of them.
    ITS A UNIBROW UNIVERSE

hahaha lets make our own Big 3 and hire Thibs and Malone. We'll nickname it Cerberus. Surely between Monty Thibs and Malone we can find countless things to complain about on our way to success.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    hahaha lets make our own Big 3 and hire Thibs and Malone. We'll nickname it Cerberus. Surely between Monty Thibs and Malone we can find countless things to complain about on our way to success.

Oh please oh please oh please. This will be like merry Christmas happy new year happy birthday.

I cant believe Chicago would just let hime go though. He is the 3rd best coach in the league after pops and Carlisle.

They would probably look to get a good player back like what Boston did with Doc

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    King Ghidorah, take me to your leader~

Quote Originally Posted by kdalw1 View Post
    I cant believe Chicago would just let hime go though. He is the 3rd best coach in the league after pops and Carlisle.

SF did the same thing with Jim Harbough. similar situation I think.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    So if Thibodeau leaves Chicago, who takes over as Head Coach? My bet? Mark Jackson. Reasoning? Absolutely none. Just a stupid feeling.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Careful what y'all wish for. From the reports, Thibs believes everyone should go all out 100% of the time. I'm not sure that's gonna win over any players now or ever. It's a tough spot for the bulls because he clearly knows basketball, but if the players aren't buying in, they got no choice but to let him go.

I would move to new orleans and buy season tickets if we can get Thibs.

He's one of my favorites guy , let's go for him

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    Thibs has a great defensive scheme, but that first part of your post is a legitimate point that can and should be debated.

Thibodaux comes from the school of thought that you play your starters enough to ensure victory, and doesn't seem to buy into the benefits of reducing minutes for the long term. I was watching a game a few weeks ago b/t the Bulls and Jazz. He put Jimmy Butler back in with 6 minutes left to play in the 4th ... the Bulls down 23. He'll rest guys with actual injury issues, but that's basically it.

I can't sit here and tell you Derrick Rose is having these issues because of overuse ... but he's breaking down, and Joakim Noah seems pretty broken down himself these days. I'd be very concerned about the long term future of Anthony Davis if we had Thibodaux - albiet, we'd see a serious, serious increase in short term results.
    How on Gods green earth can you say this is the reason Rose is having issues? Are you a M.D. Now ? I doubt even they would diagnose it from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    What about George Karl ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    How on Gods green earth can you say this is the reason Rose is having issues? Are you a M.D. Now ? I doubt even they would diagnose it from that.

I said "I can't" say that for sure, but the star guys who have been with him through this run have been breaking down and it's worth considering It may or may not have anything to do with overuse. But I can say most of the more successful teams take a more measured approach in distributing minutes. I think Thibs is a bit reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by kdalw1 View Post
    Karl got fired after winning coach of the year. Malone got fired after overachieving with the Kings. NBA owners aren't always the brightest and most rational bunch.

In this case though, Thibs handling of players is kind of a big thing. I would put him in terms of top 3 in the league in terms of strategy, basketball mind and maximizing players but man is his ginding expectations of players a hard thing to look past. I mean the results speak for themselves. He is constantly burning out his players and pushing them to the limit in a way that most franchises don't. And the fact he is being so bullheaded about evolving on this issue is a major sticking point.

I'd love Thibs here but at the same time do I really want him pushing our star player to 40 minutes a game when he is averaging less then 70 games a season?

The overwhelming Thibodeau love has always been peculiar to me. Not saying he isn't a very solid coach, because clearly his defensive principals are a staple of the league now, but a top 3 overall coach? Lol, cmon. The evidence just is not there.

Thibodeau has had a top 5 roster in just about every season he has coached. Rose's health has handicapped them, but even without him they have had one of the most balanced rosters of talent in the league year in and year out. This year they have an embarrassment of talent frankly. And what does he really have to show for it? One really good year, and a bunch of mostly disappointing endings.

Now you throw in him losing his locker room. to go with the longstanding criticisms of him riding his players too hard and having a poor offensive system and its just hard to justify the blind love for him. Is he an upgrade over Monty? Absolutely (though I'm really not sure how much), for a season or two. But I really do not like his style long term, especially with a young franchise player on board.

There is plenty to criticize Monty for, but his handling of AD has been terrific. And I really believe that is the most important thing to this franchise right now and moving forward. I honestly don't want Thibodeau controlling his practicing, minutes and playing time for the next 3-4 years.

Thread Information