Thread: Brow injury UPDATE

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

Brow injury UPDATE

John Reid @JohnReid64
    Anthony Davis has a Grade 1 abductor muscle strain, listed as day to day
    2m ago

Day to month you mean

We need DRDJ asap

That's good I guess. Still don't think he should have been allowed back in the game last night. Hope he doesn't miss tomorrow but I kind of expect him to. Which means Ryan Anderson defending Blake Griffin. That'll be a good laugh.

The "Adductor" muscle is a cute word for "groin".

Symptoms

A mild (Grade 1) groin strain may not be very painful and may not limit mild or moderate physical activity.
    A moderate (Grade 2) sprain causes moderate discomfort and limits or prevents running and jumping.
    A severe (Grade 3) strain causes pain doing almost anything and could include any of the symptoms below:

http://www.coreperformance.com/knowl...in-strain.html

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

The Special Man
    is hurt in his "special parts".

That has to suck.

All-Star
    24-23

Seriously, with this staff's history of addressing injuries, he will miss 25 games because of this. Time to stop treating him like a "kid" - it's time to make a move towards the playoffs. Oh and you knew the Griz would spank the Nuggets tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilJFry View Post
    That's good I guess. Still don't think he should have been allowed back in the game last night. Hope he doesn't miss tomorrow but I kind of expect him to. Which means Ryan Anderson defending Blake Griffin. That'll be a good laugh.
    Didn't Blake get punched in the junk a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Yeah I was at that game. Serge Ibaka.

Heard on radio Davis is expected to play tonight
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    He has one?

First time I met my future in laws we were at the beach boogie boarding and I pulled my groin. I have felt pain in my life, but that is a tough one to deal with. It lasted for a few days as well, so while everyone was out boogie boarding and surfing I was hanging out in a chair with a bag of hot beans on my groin.

I feel for you AD. Get well soon.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I pulled my groin having the sex once.

It was sorta emsrassing.

lol this thread is turning man lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Banned
    I did it running hurdles and tried to finish. I think I screeched like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    lol this thread is turning man lol
    If you haven't pulled your groin, I congratulate you, and hope you never do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We need DRDJ asap
    Sorry for the late update but I have to work to pay for my tickets!. Sounds like AD is an official scratch tonight and in the big scheme of things this is the right decision considering the Pelicans dwindling playoff possibilities and AD's value to the franchise. Although I was so anxious to watch a rematch of AD with Blake Griffin after the earlier game (debacle) this season I can't disagree with the decision for him to sit. I guess this means the Pelicans will probably pull off an unexpected win tonight!!!
    I was in the SKC Wednesday night when AD went down but was across the arena and did not get a good look at the injury, but I was horrified to see him laying on the floor writhing in pain. He exited to the locker room requiring assistance and returned from the opposite side of the arena after a painful 10 minutes or so. His return elicited loud cheers of MVP but after watching him exclusively after his return it was obvious that he was limited and in pain. He did go up for a couple of monster rebounds but lacked elevation and was obviously hobbled on the court. He did not contest or attempt to make shots making him a liability rather than an asset on the court. It was the right decision to remove him with a little more than a minute left and it was also obvious that he would not lead the Pelicans to victory like he had in the Dallas game. After returning home I watched the video and he was clobbered in the air while in a defenseless position and landed akwardly on an externally rotated left leg causing the groin injury. I knew when I heard him interview today when he said it would be up to Duane Brooks, the Pelicans trainer, that he would sit tonight and probably the next couple of games. Think of a grade 1 Adductor strain as similar to a mild ankle sprain and expect a little longer rehab and recovery time than a minor ankle sprain. The difference is you can't wrap an adductor injury. I think it is very encouraging that the Pelicans ACTUALLY released information about AD's injury compared to the complete silence about Jrue Holiday's stress "reaction"

Thankfully you can recover 100% from this injury but all too often players try to return too early as evidenced by Demarco Derozan and Big Al Jefferson's month long hiatus after trying to play through more serious but similar injuries. Saints fan may recall that a similar but worse injury to Joe Horn (who by the way was a huge New Orleans Hornets and regular attendee at games) that derailed his career with the Saints.
    Although it is unlikely that this injury will extend into the All-Star week it will be interesting to see if he plays if it does.
    So all-in-all fans should consider this a bump in the road and not nearly as devastating an injury as it could have been.
    Oh and by the way an adductor strain is the muscle in the front of the hip that is used to internally rotate and not the gonads.

Go Pelicans.
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 01-30-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    out for tonight anyway....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

remember the Alamo with Tyreke leading the charge.....lets do the impossible and win without AD!
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Game day thread ?
    Alvin Gentry is my savior

Thread Information