Pelicans Report

Thread: MLE - Not on SF

Draft Pick

MLE - Not on SF

Hi all , long time lurker, Huge Pelicans Fan and had a question for everybody.
    I know everybody is deadset on using our MLE on Green or Carroll, but Carroll is playing his way out of the MLE and lets say we cannot get Green or the FO does not want him so for these purposes lets assume we cannot get them and we hold on most of our bird rights guys including Asik. We keep Q-pon and take Cunningham with the BAE(hopefully) giving us tons of energy, defense, and low usage, versatile guys at SF plus they can hit an outside shot. We basically have the same team from this year.

So who do we go with the MLE then? Backup PG or Backup Big or maybe split it between them? and if so who are the targets?

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tru3th View Post
    So who do we go with the MLE then? Backup PG or Backup Big or maybe split it between them? and if so who are the targets?
    At this point, I'm not even sure we can keep Cunningham. I'd say we probably go after a guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tru3th View Post
    Hi all , long time lurker, Huge Pelicans Fan and had a question for everybody.
    I know everybody is deadset on using our MLE on Green or Carroll, but Carroll is playing his way out of the MLE and lets say we cannot get Green or the FO does not want him so for these purposes lets assume we cannot get them and we hold on most of our bird rights guys including Asik. We keep Q-pon and take Cunningham with the BAE(hopefully) giving us tons of energy, defense, and low usage, versatile guys at SF plus they can hit an outside shot. We basically have the same team from this year.

I agree with you on this one. I was actually going to write a piece laying out some options. Hopefully Dante wants to stick around.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2740 View Post
    I agree with you on this one. I was actually going to write a piece laying out some options. Hopefully Dante wants to stick around.
    He is definitely a monty type of guy and i love his energy and hope we can hold on to him. And idk if he will take the full mle but maybe aaron brooks in an option. He is that coveted quick guard we need. His defense is poor against bigger guards but hes a burst off the bench and can match up with the guys like Monta/Kemba who our guards have struggled with.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Danny Green or Gary Neal for me. We need 3 point shooting more than anything else.

I'd split it between Kevin Seraphin and Aaron Brooks.....or CJ Watson and Dorrell Wright, Mo Williams and Thomas Robinson.....
    Last edited by SaintPelican225; 01-29-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Thread Information