Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans vs Nuggets - 1-28-15

If it makes you feel better just look under my screen name, that hashtag isn't there because it looks pretty. I have been underwhelmed with Monty for quite a bit longer than the recent crowd. There isn't much to be impressed about when his calling card is defense, and the defense is in the middle of the pack. Not much to be impressed with at all.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Hey guys I missed the game... Are y'all concerned about AD? How did he look?

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Just back from arena. Agree that we just beefed a lot of open looks tonight and they made a bunch of contested shots, especially in the first half. But really we just couldn't score. One test of the kind of team you have is how many of these nights you suffer through. Good teams, it's just a handful a year. With average teams, they crop up on a semi-regular basis. Hope they become rarer and rarer for us.

One quibble, and not sure it would have made any difference, but this is the kind of game where I'd give my bench more of a burn to see if they can jumpstart things a bit. Specifically, I'd have played Luke and Alexi to see if we get some shots to fall. Would have given Jimmer some more minutes as well.
    It's probably not fair to put the blame for this one at the feet of Monty. However, the fact we've blown so many games this season has put us in the position to not be able to just chalk anything up as 'a bad night' that's gonna happen.

This coach ain't gonna cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If it makes you feel better just look under my screen name, that hashtag isn't there because it looks pretty. I have been underwhelmed with Monty for quite a bit longer than the recent crowd. There isn't much to be impressed about when his calling card is defense, and the defense is in the middle of the pack. Not much to be impressed with at all.
    The defense is flat out bad. We're 9th worst in defensive efficiency with Omer Asik and Anthony freaking Davis. We play one of the five slowest tempos in the league, the only reason our ppg allowed is competitive.

Just watched the game. God dam I'm sick of this inconsistent below average DONKEY team. I'm sick of them. I really am. It's absolutely pathetic.

Can we please get rid of Ryan Anderson? Seriously this guy is not that good.

I just can't understand why this team always has players who get injured.
    I'd love to know since 2012 if any other team in the NBA has had as many players miss games.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Hey guys I missed the game... Are y'all concerned about AD? How did he look?
    Groin injury. They examined him in the locker room for a while before he returned, so I'm guessing a pull and not a tear. He looked visibly sore after returning. I would guess he won't miss next game, but I'm certainly no doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Just watched the game. God dam I'm sick of this inconsistent below average DONKEY team. I'm sick of them. I really am. It's absolutely pathetic.
    Can't win them all.....

Tonight showed why Jrue is the starting PG and Tyreke is not. Ty Lawson absolutely killed us and his shot wasn't even falling. Tyreke just can't fight through screens and chase quicker guards like Jrue can. He was getting to wherever he wanted on the court and finding the open man when we had to collapse on him. Great game by an underrated player.

I really get frustrated with Ryan Anderson sometimes. If his shot isn't falling he's just a major detriment to the team. I was watching him guard the pick and rolls and he would just get into this no mans land of half dropping and half hedging and we get burned every time. He's not athletic enough to recover on stuff like that and if he's not going to play it smart then he's going to be huge negative on defense. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and think that he'll return to what we saw from him last year, but it's just hard to watch us keep getting losses like this with him in there at the end of the games, giving up easy looks. It feels like he has to hit 4+ 3's just to break even for his defense.

On to the Clippers. Hopefully we can find a better shooting stroke in that one.
    Last edited by PhilJFry; 01-29-2015 at 08:03 AM.

One problem we have with Denver is that their backup bigs are all athletic. Darrell Arther and JJ Hickson cause problems for all of our bigs not named "Anthony Davis".

We couldn't match-up with them on either end because 1... our bigs aren't skilled enough in the post to take advantage of their size (weight) advantage on the offensive end. And 2, our bigs can't move quick enough to guard them.

Throw in the fact that they shot a ridiculous % from 3 (58%), and we couldn't throw it in the ocean.

As MM said... it was "one of those nights".

Remember how Jim Carrey sorry Rick Carlisle said we were well coached after the Dallas game?

He's not going to say that for no reason, is he?

True, True... I do feel better now. Sorry then, I really don't know peoples' stances well offhand, though I should've noticed that. I'm not standing up or apologizing for him, I just think this one in particular had everything to do with the basketball gods.

How often can we blame the basketball Gods before we realize, no God could ever hate one team so many times in a season.

Nuggets played better than us and they deserved to win . Our effort wasn't there . It happens sometimes .

I think nuggets are a good team but they're in this mess because of shaw . He's one of the most overrated coaches in the nba .

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    We made a run.

Denver was just on.

And The Special Man got hit in his "special place".

On to the next one.

Banned
    How often can we blame the basketball Gods before we realize, no God could ever hate one team so many times in a season.
    This

They beat Memphis by 40 by 40! Every single team the history of Basketball has nights where the shot is just not falling and yet we still played well enough to win it's how we respond after this loss is what counts

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Remember how Jim Carrey sorry Rick Carlisle said we were well coached after the Dallas game?

He's not going to say that for no reason, is he?
    Maybe he knows Monte is holding us back and was making a strategic lie... haha

Thread Information