Pelicans Report

Thread: Hypothetical 2016 Offseason

Hypothetical 2016 Offseason

Let's say for fun when Eric Gordon and Ryno come off the books you have 2 options:

We either sign Asik or Koufas to a 1 year deal this offseason, then in 2016 which do you think is a better core 5?

Option 1 - Throw everything you got at Durant and sign a cheap serviceable, journeyman center like Zaza Pachulia

Jrue
    Tyreke
    Durant
    AD
    Zaza

Option 2 - You spread it out and sign both Nicolas Batum and Joakim Noah

Jrue
    Tyreke
    Batum
    AD
    Noah

Thanks for playing.

Option 1. Noah gets injured too much for my liking. But option 0 is best for me which is keeping this team together with minor bench changes and possibly a better starting SF but that's not part of the rules.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I believe with 99% certainty, (because, why go 100%? Only the Sith deal in absolutes) that Durant is going to end up in Washington. Other teams can throw the world at him and make him part owner, but his heart is going to take him to the Wizards.

Option 2. If I have a punchers chance at getting Durant, I want Tyreke off the team, and maybe even Jrue. Too much usage, too little time.

Batum and Noah are perfect compliments for this current team. It's a shame that they're both pipe dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Let's say for fun when Eric Gordon and Ryno come off the books you have 2 options:

We either sign Asik or Koufas to a 1 year deal this offseason, then in 2016 which do you think is a better core 5?

Option 1 - Throw everything you got at Durant and sign a cheap serviceable, journeyman center like Zaza Pachulia

Jrue
    Tyreke
    Durant
    AD
    Zaza

Option 2 - You spread it out and sign both Nicolas Batum and Joakim Noah

Jrue
    Tyreke
    Batum
    AD
    Noah

Thanks for playing.
    I would do option 1 minus Pachulia......

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I believe with 99% certainty, (because, why go 100%? Only the Sith deal in absolutes) that Durant is going to end up in Washington. Other teams can throw the world at him and make him part owner, but his heart is going to take him to the Wizards.
    He was a Raptors fan growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    if his hurt was in washington then why did he resign with the thunder? Anyways, its not about where he goes, I said hypothetical, which is a better fit for the team. Wish people would always stop turning things around.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    if his hurt was in washington then why did he resign with the thunder? Anyways, its not about where he goes, I said hypothetical, which is a better fit for the team. Wish people would always stop turning things around.
    The same reason that AD will sign with us instead of Chicago.

And to answer the question, A. Anyone who picks an option other than Durant should have their internet privileges revoked permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    The same reason that AD will sign with us instead of Chicago.

And to answer the question, A. Anyone who picks an option other than Durant should have their internet privileges revoked permanently.
    exactly, money.

I can't see a world where Asik signs a one year deal. But to the general point, give me Durant - although I think you gotta move Tyreke in that scenario. Not enough basketballs to go around and Tyreke is never gonna be a plus on the defensive end. So, I would have a core of Jrue, KD, and ADwith about 28 mil to fill out the rest of my roster. I would target shooters, defenders, and rebounders.

Not gonna happen, but I understand the desire to dream.
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information