Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nate Wolters: Should he stay or Should he go?

Wolters has not been re-signed
    @mcnamara247

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Wolters has not been re-signed
    what are you thinking now, MM?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I would like to see us try someone from D league. Curry is available, but I think he he a bit small for the type player Dell seems to like. How about giving Chris Babb a look?

Quote Originally Posted by CMS1717 View Post
    I would like to see us try someone from D league. Curry is available, but I think he he a bit small for the type player Dell seems to like. How about giving Chris Babb a look?
    you might well be right about the size factor..... otherwise, I would bring up the name Bryce Cotton too.....and fwiw, I still feel that someone is going to eventually give Curry a chance.....

Back-up guard situation isn't losing you any games and with Jrue coming back shouldn't we hold the roster spot open or look at small forward?

Quote Originally Posted by caven View Post
    Back-up guard situation isn't losing you any games and with Jrue coming back shouldn't we hold the roster spot open or look at small forward?
    I agree with MM and his stance on this.... our injury history at the guard position is very hard to ignore or deny.....

Are we sure Jrue is coming back? And when? And are we confident that he will stay healthy?

I don't think we can bank on a guy with stress reactions and another with a torn labrum to play for the rest of the season, can we? Objectively, aren't those the two guys most likely to miss games moving forward? And if so, then I think you need another guard more than anything.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Assuming we bring in another guard, how soon do you think that happens? Prior to tomorrow nights game?

R.I.P Nate. You still had a better career here than Rivers.

Trade deadline is Feb. 19th. They might hold off on adding a guy for these next 5 games if they are targeting a guy via trade. If they got the FA route instead, I could see it happening any time this week. Either way, Jimmer is gonna be getting some key minutes tomorrow against OKC. He will have to cover Westbrook, Waiters, or Jackson depending on who is in the game. I am not looking forward to that

Banned
    They have to cover him as well.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Are we sure Jrue is coming back? And when? And are we confident that he will stay healthy?

I don't think we can bank on a guy with stress reactions and another with a torn labrum to play for the rest of the season, can we? Objectively, aren't those the two guys most likely to miss games moving forward? And if so, then I think you need another guard more than anything.
    So you want to move Tyreke to the bench, for a guy we can't bank on? This cognitive dissonance from one thread to the next is cracking me up.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    So you want to move Tyreke to the bench, for a guy we can't bank on? This cognitive dissonance from one thread to the next is cracking me up.
    If he is playing and healthy, yes. Just because a guy is healthy does not mean that he will continue to be healthy forever. The job of a coach is to give his team the best chance to win that night, given the guys he has available to him. The job of a GM is to anticipate possible problems in the future and give the team a chance to maintain if the worst happens. To be proactive rather than reactive.

I don't know if this post is funny enough for you to continue cracking up, but I tried my best.

If he is playing and healthy, yes. Just because a guy is healthy does not mean that he will continue to be healthy forever. The job of a coach is to give his team the best chance to win that night, given the guys he has available to him. The job of a GM is to anticipate possible problems in the future and give the team a chance to maintain if the worst happens. To be proactive rather than reactive.

I don't know if this post is funny enough for you to continue cracking up, but I tried my best.
    But why would you mess with success and team chemistry to insert a guy that's an injury risk back into the starting lineup if you don't have to? Your rotations are set and working, isn't it smarter and less disruptive to limit Jrue's minutes, work him in through the second unit, and preserve his health? Why would you want to disrupt everything for a guy that will likely be rusty and could miss additional time because of the nature and recurrence of his injury?

I wasn't laughing at you, but it seems like you've staked out your position that Jrue Holiday should start, and you're willing to die on that hill, even if it means a bit of cognitive dissonance in your arguments. That's still funny to me.

You say we need a backup PG, because we can't rely on Jrue because of his leg. But you don't believe in positions. And you think when Jrue is healthy, even though you've stated that cohesion and chemistry are important, he should start over a player that is the catalyst behind the offensive flow we've seen over the last 10 games.

Question, because I'm really trying to understand. Let's say we trade for Mo Willaims at the deadline, and Jrue comes back after All-Star. What do you think the rotation should look like, and who starts if Jrue goes out again? I assume you're going to start Jrue when he's healthy and bring Tyreke off the bench. Would you start Mo Williams over Tyreke if Jrue is out? What's Mo William's role when everyone is healthy?

Thanks in advance. I really am trying to understand. Maybe I'm just cracking up cause it's too complicated for me and I'm embarrassed so I laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Nothing against you NMThreeMVP, but I've now seen the term cognitive dissonance mis-used three times on this board in the last week or so.... Cognitive dissonance isn't saying one thing in one place and something different in another place... It means, that what you are thinking is inconsistent with how you feel and or what your actions are.

Go get Ray allen and let's make a run.

Wolters, like Mekel, didn't live up to the highlights.

The Jordanian

Take it easy Nate the great. I hope you find your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I don't think you need to move anyone (currently) in the starting lineup for anyone who isn't (currently) in the starting lineup. If Jrue comes back and is in great shape, awesome, our bench will get a huge boost, but say he is coming back tomorrow for our OKC game, it would be foolish to throw him into the starting lineup. What does throwing a guy (coming back from injury) into a lineup that has been performing well (in his absence) benefit? This isn't football where an injury will cost you your job. Jrue can come back and work his minuet count back up, but forcing something for the sake of forcing something is a bad idea.

Let Jrue, Jimmer, Ryno, QPon, and Ajinca give us the hardest working 2nd unit in the NBA. Heck, that's a starting 5 that could at least secure and 8th seed in the East.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Wolters, like Mekel, didn't live up to the highlights.

The Jordanian
    I do wonder what might have been had we not moved Prince Casspi-an. Between he, QPon, and Cunningham (which I doubt we would have all 3), we wouldn't have had the greatest swingman group in the NBA, but they certainly would have filled all unplugged holes.

Nothing against you NMThreeMVP, but I've now seen the term cognitive dissonance mis-used three times on this board in the last week or so.... Cognitive dissonance isn't saying one thing in one place and something different in another place... It means, that what you are thinking is inconsistent with how you feel and or what your actions are.
    Agree to disagree with you on my use of the term. Won't argue with you, but I'm not misusing it. I'm a scholar, damn it! I never defined it as you say I defined it. I know exactly what it means, and definitely believe McNamara is exhibiting the behavior.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Go get Ray allen and let's make a run.
    The chances of Ray Allen coming to New Orleans are 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    The chances of Ray Allen coming to New Orleans are 0%.
    I was wondering about him the other day (as I was reading about Jermain O'Neil). Those two guys are going to make some team(s) happy, but I don't think they sign until after the AS game. I wonder if Ray Allen would go to GS where he could play for a team that has a million other guys like him.

Basketball Guru
    Pickup a big that can do what david west and carl landry did for us and the team will be set for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Take it easy Nate the great. I hope you find your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I don't think you need to move anyone (currently) in the starting lineup for anyone who isn't (currently) in the starting lineup. If Jrue comes back and is in great shape, awesome, our bench will get a huge boost, but say he is coming back tomorrow for our OKC game, it would be foolish to throw him into the starting lineup. What does throwing a guy (coming back from injury) into a lineup that has been performing well (in his absence) benefit? This isn't football where an injury will cost you your job. Jrue can come back and work his minuet count back up, but forcing something for the sake of forcing something is a bad idea.

Let Jrue, Jimmer, Ryno, QPon, and Ajinca give us the hardest working 2nd unit in the NBA. Heck, that's a starting 5 that could at least secure and 8th seed in the East.
    Jimmer isn't the answer. ..and upgrade should be on the way. .

Thread Information