Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nate Wolters: Should he stay or Should he go?

Nate Wolters: Should he stay or Should he go?

Dell has a few days to decide - either he lets him walk or he signs him for the rest of the year. I took a look at some other options. What would you guys do if you were Dell, and why:

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...dont-think-so/
    @mcnamara247

Good riddance

I would preferably according to your options go with mo williams Ramon sessions and them jordan Farmar
    Last edited by tthier2; 01-27-2015 at 09:03 PM.
    I'm a grinder

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I don't think we need another PG. Jrue and Tyreke are both PGs.

I'd rather Dell make a move for a guy like Gary Neal.

When Jrue comes back, he'll take over all the minutes that are currently going to Wolters and then some. What we really need is an Anthony Morrow or Gary Neal type to backup Eric Gordon. Unless Jrue is going to miss more time than we think. If that's the case, I go after Nate Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I don't think we need another PG. Jrue and Tyreke are both PGs.

I'd rather Dell make a move for a guy like Gary Neal.

When Jrue comes back, he'll take over all the minutes that are currently going to Wolters and then some. What we really need is an Anthony Morrow or Gary Neal type to backup Eric Gordon. Unless Jrue is going to miss more time than we think. If that's the case, I go after Nate Robinson.
    I get that philosophy on the offensive end, and I agree on that end. But who defends point guards when Tyreke and this shooting guard are on the court together?

This is why I lean towards a point guard on defense with a shooting guard skill set on offense.

Banned
    If Wolters turns things around that would be great so we don't have to start over.

My first choice otherwise is obviously, Mo Williams who has has the most immediate effect.

CJ Watson is solid and reliable.

The others you just don't know night in and out.

I don't see how we could go back to Jimmer after trying so hard to replace the guy, though, I think he should get his 10 day contract tryout as well. I think he was proving useful and really is improving as a PG (especially backup).

I hope we make a trade so we don't 10 day ourselves to death. Either get something done or let Jimmer play since the guy just might blow-up and doesn't seem to get hurt.
    Last edited by Asteptooslow; 01-27-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Sitting in the SKC last 2 games. I specifically watched Wolters closely and honestly he just doesn't fit what the Pelicans need at the backup PG. He passed up a few open jump shots which shouts I'm not confident or skilled enough to make a jumper. We can definitely do better than Wolters.....I'd go after, in this order....Mo, CJ , Sessions and Farmar.....

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Sitting in the SKC last 2 games. I specifically watched Wolters closely and honestly he just doesn't fit what the Pelicans need at the backup PG. He passed up a few open jump shots which shouts I'm not confident or skilled enough to make a jumper. We can definitely do better than Wolters.....I'd go after, in this order....Mo, CJ , Sessions and Farmar.....
    I tend to agree. And that says so much to me about what our staff thinks of Jimmer. Wolters clearly doesn't fit and yet he is getting the minutes.

Jimmer was plying good other than the 3 pt shooting, but I'd take Mo Williams

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Jimmer was plying good other than the 3 pt shooting, but I'd take Mo Williams
    Yes, I mean it is hard to say..."Hey I'd rather have Jimmer."

I'd prefer a player without a history of injuries, so rule CJ out for me. Between Jrue and Gordon, our guards health is already questionable enough. http://8points9seconds.com/2015/01/0...y-watson-foot/

Mo, sessions, ridnour, or pestering detroit for DJ. Cole I'm not sure on.

Farmar no thanks either, I don't want someone on the team I can't support, he has a face you just want to punch.

My ideal choice at backup PG would aaron brooks, Gary Neal or Cory Joseph...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I tend to agree. And that says so much to me about what our staff thinks of Jimmer. Wolters clearly doesn't fit and yet he is getting the minutes.
    After watching old man Salmons get minutes last night.....It's all but over in NOLA for Jimmer...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    After watching old man Salmons get minutes last night.....It's all but over in NOLA for Jimmer...
    Apparently, Wolters gets to the Gym even earlier than Jimmer.

Is Mo realistic with Rubio injured?

All-Star
    The thing is Jimmer was playing well. He was scoring pretty efficiently, Moving the ball, getting in the lane, getting the big guys involved and played pretty good team defense. Not sure what the deal is or what Jimmer would have to do get playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by shanesy View Post
    Is Mo realistic with Rubio injured?
    Maybe you can send them Jimmer in the trade to hold them over? Or they can just give Lavine 40 mins per game and really tank. Would be better than winning games for them

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    The thing is Jimmer was playing well. He was scoring pretty efficiently, Moving the ball, getting in the lane, getting the big guys involved and played pretty good team defense. Not sure what the deal is or what Jimmer would have to do get playing time.
    I know. It didn't make sense.

Let Wolters go. He's not playing well at all.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Jimmer was signed here to make 3's....he hasn't delivered on that. His offensive production doesn't balance out his lack of defense....I like Jimmer and pull for him, but he's just like Wolters.....not a good fit

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I get that philosophy on the offensive end, and I agree on that end. But who defends point guards when Tyreke and this shooting guard are on the court together?

This is why I lean towards a point guard on defense with a shooting guard skill set on offense.
    But none of the guys on your list excel at playing defense. Certainly not Mo Williams. So I'm not going to roster a 3rd PG for defensive purposes unless that guy is a defensive stopper! Especially since this team switches so much on defense, which would seem to minimize the need to have a matchup guard on that end.

A healthy Jrue and a guard that can hit 3s at a high percentage is what this team needs. But not a ball dominant PG.

small sample size and all that, but just looking through the on/off splits for the team.....wolters has a +8.7 overall, one of the highest for the team (actually second only to AD). opponent ORtg on: 92.1, off: 107.7, -15.6 haha.

But none of the guys on your list excel at playing defense. Certainly not Mo Williams. So I'm not going to roster a 3rd PG for defensive purposes unless that guy is a defensive stopper! Especially since this team switches so much on defense, which would seem to minimize the need to have a matchup guard on that end.

A healthy Jrue and a guard that can hit 3s at a high percentage is what this team needs. But not a ball dominant PG.
    Guys like CJ Watson, Ridnour, and even Farmar would be far better at defending opposing PGs than a guy like Neal. Again, I agree that if I am building the ideal offense, I might put a SG next to Tyreke and Q-Pon. But I need a guy who can at least stay in front of PGs so that Tyreke can defend wings

Mo would not be a liability on defense. ...

I have no idea why anyone would want Mo Williams. He has a horrible attitude for a guy you would want to play 12 minutes a night.

Mo or bust for me

Thread Information