Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: ?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carroll

20 66.67%
  • Green

10 33.33%

Thread: MLE - DaMarre Carroll or Gerald Green?

MLE - DaMarre Carroll or Gerald Green?

If you could have either one for the MLE, which would u take?

Carroll to be our Starting 3 and D to compliment Jrue and EG
    Green to be a scoring athletic sharp shooter off the bench and spread the floor for Reke?

Carroll has been the glue guy and one of the main reasons for Atlanta's success. He has done his job to a T. He is a tremendous and tenacious defender, 3pt shooter and rebounder.

Gerald Green is instant offense with athleticism and 3pt shooting.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 01-26-2015 at 10:53 PM.

I like green, but I'd go with DeMarre. Gerald runs on 28% usage rate compared to DeMarre's 16%, and in a team where we already have key pieces with high usage, I want a complementary piece for what is already in place. Come in, know his spot, know his place, and play to it. It wouldn't be a huge change from where he is at currently with the Hawks, whereas Green would more than likely see his usage and numbers drop.

As of right now I think it would be Carroll and I am not sure who can make an argument otherwise TBH.

We need a guy who can come in and knock down catch and shoot jumpers, mostly from three. Who has a high IQ and plays some decent to good D.

Carroll is superior at all of that plus he brings a more veteran presence from a winning franchise, something this team sorely lacks as has been shown by how much an effect Q-pon has made in terms of shaking up this teams mindset and culture coming from a winning organization.

If we can get Carroll this offseason I would chalk it up as a huge pull given our situation.

i also voted carroll. He would be a great fit for us, just like PJ tucker would have been.

I know Carroll is a better fit, but my vote is for Green for dem DUNKS!!!

i think that any of those 2 will agree for MLE
    DmC has 2,4, GG - 3,5. They have agreed those amounts when they were no one. now the value will be higher than MLE

but when it will be possible - no brainer for me. Carroll.
    Of course in the situation when we will need a SF (the case of Reke/Dante/QPon)

I'd take Khris Middleton.

Carroll because he is an 11 million a year player

I would say carroll but he will probably chose to stay with the hawks because it's a weaker conference and they're good this season . We can only convince him if we offer more money than hawks...

I think we have a more chance to recruiting gerald . I like him as a player and he can be a good addition to our team .
    Last edited by moon54; 01-29-2015 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLLakers View Post
    Carroll because he is an 11 million a year player
    lol, u always crack me up man.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    kris middleton is a beast and has a perfect game for what we need out of our SF. Wonder how much he will get.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    kris middleton is a beast and has a perfect game for what we need out of our SF. Wonder how much he will get.

Carroll will get more than the MLE, Middleton would be interesting. I'd offer and hope the Bucks wouldn't match. Green IMO could be had with the MLE, but he could be boom or bust. The good with him, would be 3pt shooting, athleticism and ability to score in bunches. The bad, low BBIQ, lack of effort on defense, bad shot selection, attitude.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Atlanta will lock up Carroll, as he is integral to their success.

Green could be had for MLE, but is not as complete a player..............

................but dem dunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Atlanta will lock up Carroll, as he is integral to their success.

Green could be had for MLE, but is not as complete a player..............

................but dem dunks.
    Lol.....he would drive Monty nuts

Carroll is playing his way out of the MLE.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

What I would have given for Matt Barnes at some time before he got to this point in his career (which is the downside). He is a good guy to have on your bench, like Al Harrington or Stephen Jackson. He gets things done. Who is that next Matt Barnes, that's who I want.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    lol, u always crack me up man.
    He is easily going to get money in that range. Defense and 3 point shot wings are definitely worth that much especially with how the cap will go up.

How many times are we going to discuss this in season? carry on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I choose Kate Middleton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information