Pelicans Report

Thread: Eric Gordon

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   

Eric Gordon

I want to start off by saying I've been so impressed by Eric Gordon lately. He has looked great, and has been exactly what this team has needed.

With that said... Would you trade Eric for expiring contracts or a fake second round pick before the trade deadline? I believe MM posed a similar question before the season and I'm just curious with what people have to say.

Trading him would set us up very, very nicely for this summer, but it would greatly diminish our playoff chances. I'm not advocating for anything, just honestly curious what people think. Glad Gordon has played well enough to make this reasonable.

trade gordon so we can afford danny green and draymond green.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    trade gordon so we can afford danny green and draymond green.
    I don't think that's entirely possibly, but I would do the trade as well. Trust Dell with the flexibility, don't think DELL would do it though.

No. That would just about guarantee we miss the playoffs. He will be tradable next year

I said that trading him for a fake 2nd round pick in the offseason would be possible. Not now. Nobody has the cap room.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I said that trading him for a fake 2nd round pick in the offseason would be possible. Not now. Nobody has the cap room.
    Whats goin on with nate? was jimmer playin over him tonight a sign we not gonna sign wolters? Do you expect us to make a play on Mo?

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    I think you mentioned a possible in season Steve Nash trade, right at the start of the season. Agree, that it wouldn't likely happen during season just more of a hypothetical to see what different fans value.

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Whats goin on with nate? was jimmer playin over him tonight a sign we not gonna sign wolters? Do you expect us to make a play on Mo?
    There's no need for nate once Jrue returns

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    There's no need for nate once Jrue returns
    I'm curious what y'all think. Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere, would you be opposed to Jrue coming off the bench when he comes back? This current rotation is working, why upset that. Plus I think it would help Ryan and it gives you added flexibility at the 2 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    I would be shocked if Nate is on the team when we play OKC on Wednesday. I would also be shocked if Dell isn't planning on adding another guard - either via trade or FA. Trade deadline is over AS break. We have 5 games before then. It's probably Jimmer's job in the short term, and maybe Jrue comes back and we don't need another guard - but with Jrue's lingering stress reaction and Gordon still having a torn labrum, I think Dell would be making a mistake if he doesn't add another guard before the deadline.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Gordon has played GREAT since coming back from injury and he's proved that missing a few weeks and rehabbing was the better option than surgery. I hope he keeps this up, only UPING that trade value

I wish we would sign Nate for the rest of the season, I like his game, plus he is not really hurting us financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    I wish we would sign Nate for the rest of the season, I like his game, plus he is not really hurting us financially.
    Nate is redundant

He's Jimmer with 0 offense

If gordon didnt have such terrible injury history I wouldnt be opposed to keeping him. He really is a great talent when healthy.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    If gordon didnt have such terrible injury history I wouldnt be opposed to keeping him. He really is a great talent when healthy.
    Which is what David Stern thought he was gifting us when he vetoed the other horrible CP3 trade.

I would be shocked if Nate is on the team when we play OKC on Wednesday. I would also be shocked if Dell isn't planning on adding another guard - either via trade or FA. Trade deadline is over AS break. We have 5 games before then. It's probably Jimmer's job in the short term, and maybe Jrue comes back and we don't need another guard - but with Jrue's lingering stress reaction and Gordon still having a torn labrum, I think Dell would be making a mistake if he doesn't add another guard before the deadline.
    Rubio looked good last night - think they're ready to move Mo now?

Thread Information