Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans vs Sixers - 1-26-15

HOW THE **** IS SALMONS STILL PLAYING

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Monty williams gave away 6 precious minutes with that lineup ...
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    MLE is 5M+ ( I think 5.3M) not 7M
    I believe we have the full MLE available for a 3 year 21 million deal. There was a thread about it.

i think at least.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    jimmer won't get time until wolters 10 day is up, they are trying to decide....
    Yeah, that is dumb. Jimmer was playing at least as good as Wolters. I would have to think he feels like he is being jerked around by Monte.

I believe we have the full MLE available for a 3 year 21 million deal. There was a thread about it.
    Mid-level exception

Once a year, teams can use a mid-level exception (MLE) to sign a player to a contract for a specified maximum amount. The amount of the MLE and its duration depend on the team's cap status. The MLE was initially set at $5 million for a duration of four years for teams that are over the cap either before or after the signing, but under the luxury tax apron, which is $4M above the tax line. Teams above the luxury tax apron have an MLE that was initially set at $3 million with a three-year duration. Teams with cap room, previously ineligible for the MLE, have a new MLE, initially $2.5 million with a two-year duration. The MLE was frozen at the stated levels through the 2012–13 season, since then, it will increase by 3% per season (with the percentage based on the initial amount of the exception, and not compounded).[6] In turn, this means that MLEs in the current 2014–15 season are:
    $5.305 million for teams without cap room, below the tax apron
    $3.278 million for teams over the tax apron
    $2.575 million for teams with cap room

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Stud is not the word I would use to describe him. He hustles and tries hard though.
    he isn't an all world scorer, but he might be the best 3 and D in the league this year. He is a big part of atlanta's success. His 3pt shooting and defense has been as good as anyone's and his rebounding is also nice.

When jimmer was playing out bench was actually playing decently well...

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Monty williams gave away 6 precious minutes with that lineup ...
    Absolutely mind blowing.

Yeah, that is dumb. Jimmer was playing at least as good as Wolters. I would have to think he feels like he is being jerked around by Monte.
    Wolters runs the offence better tho, imo.

Mid-level exception

Once a year, teams can use a mid-level exception (MLE) to sign a player to a contract for a specified maximum amount. The amount of the MLE and its duration depend on the team's cap status. The MLE was initially set at $5 million for a duration of four years for teams that are over the cap either before or after the signing, but under the luxury tax apron, which is $4M above the tax line. Teams above the luxury tax apron have an MLE that was initially set at $3 million with a three-year duration. Teams with cap room, previously ineligible for the MLE, have a new MLE, initially $2.5 million with a two-year duration. The MLE was frozen at the stated levels through the 2012–13 season, since then, it will increase by 3% per season (with the percentage based on the initial amount of the exception, and not compounded).[6] In turn, this means that MLEs in the current 2014–15 season are:
    MLE goes up with the cap.

Mid-level exception

good stuff, i guess I was wrong, I swear I saw a thread about it, so whatever 3% more of 5,305 is, thats what it'll be i guess.

All-Star
    he isn't an all world scorer, but he might be the best 3 and D in the league this year. He is a big part of atlanta's success. His 3pt shooting and defense has been as good as anyone's and his rebounding is also nice.
    He played in Utah with most of Atlanta's team. I liked him as a player and I think he would be worth the Mid level. I just didn't think of him as a "stud".

RYNO FOR 3333333333333333333!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

someone get MM to confirm the MLE ASAP!!!!!! lol

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Wolters runs the offence better tho, imo.
    I wholeheartedly disagree.

Cunningham used to be good at shooting. Now he blows at it

He played in Utah with most of Atlanta's team. I liked him as a player and I think he would be worth the Mid level. I just didn't think of him as a "stud".
    ur right, i'll say he is a stud at what he does tho.

KJ Mcdaniels RFA, 3 and D.
    Minus the 3

awww man im typing and miss an AD alley oop i hate u guys

AD is an animal

All-Star
    ur right, i'll say he is a stud at what he does tho.
    Fair enough.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    finga roll

so... can we just let Davis and Anderson do all the scoring tonight?

AD is da GOAT!!!

Thread Information