Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans vs Sixers - 1-26-15

The Denver game worries me.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    If the Pels beat all of those teams while at home, I'll be one amazed fan. Noone on this forum expects that. Period.
    Win against Denver? Ok maybe.
    Against Clippers? Eh... maybe.
    Against the Hawks? You're asking a lot now.
    The Thunder? Maybe Durant's toe will still be hurt.
    Against the Bulls? Ok Maybe.

I'm confident, but I'm not crazy. And to win all of those games, even if they're home games, is asking a LOT.
    If Reke keeps getting 10+ assists a game and Ryno has truly found his shot, we will beat them all.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    We got THREE of the top 10 plays.

Finally getting some respect.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...50127_39458227

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Nice win by the pels tonight. Just got done watching. Let me say that Ad made some plays tonight that really made my jaw drop. That fast break where he spun one way, then off balance does a smooth finger roll. OMG. That alley oop he threw down with 1 hand over the 76er defender early in the game, OMG. Good lord this kid is absolutely amazing. He's getting better and better every game. I mean good grief what is his ceiling?? It's a Jordan, Hakeem, and Duncan hybrid. Let me also say reke balled out and made some dam good passes. This game really was great to watch them play actual team ball. Let's keep this winning streak going. Love it.
    idk if AD will ever be like Duncan. He might put up better stats, but he has more trouble establishing position down low, and he's not an elite passer out of the post like Duncan & KG.

Hawks and clippers scare me the most... If ibaka keeps shooting 3s the thunder should be easy to beat as well.

Not sure why AD gets compared to Tim Duncan they have 2 completely different games. KG might be the best comparison, but AD doesn't have KG's post game. Then again... I don't remember KG having much of a post game when he first came into the league.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    idk if AD will ever be like Duncan. He might put up better stats, but he has more trouble establishing position down low, and he's not an elite passer out of the post like Duncan & KG.
    If u think Davis will not develop a post game...you're crazy lol...

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Not sure why AD gets compared to Tim Duncan they have 2 completely different games. KG might be the best comparison, but AD doesn't have KG's post game. Then again... I don't remember KG having much of a post game when he first came into the league.
    He gets compard strictly on being a great pf. That's all. His game is not to be compared to anyone really. My point was he's a Jordan stuck in a big mans body. Lol

He gets compard strictly on being a great pf. That's all. His game is not to be compared to anyone really. My point was he's a Jordan stuck in a big mans body. Lol
    Ha! The more comfortable he gets with that jumper... he's gonna be impossible to guard.

My comments weren't necessarily directed to you... I've seen those comparisons to Duncan pretty much since he was drafted, and now that we're getting to see what type of player he is/has become I think they could kill the Duncan label. Dude is on his own planet.

Ha! The more comfortable he gets with that jumper... he's gonna be impossible to guard.

My comments weren't necessarily directed to you... I've seen those comparisons to Duncan pretty much since he was drafted, and now that we're getting to see what type of player he is/has become I think they could kill the Duncan label. Dude is on his own planet.
    As one writer has said he's a hybrid alien from another planet that the likes of the nba has never seen lmao

If u think Davis will not develop a post game...you're crazy lol...
    He doesnt have the same body type as Duncan. If its a struggle to get him the ball in the post in crunch time, he's not ever going to be as great as Duncan was regardless of his stats. I'm not saying he cant but watching him now thats what I see

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post

i counted 4!
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post

i counted 4!

Quote Originally Posted by isitsunday View Post
    As one writer has said he's a hybrid alien from another planet that the likes of the nba has never seen lmao
    LOL I like that.

LOL I like that.
    If he ever breaks a guard off and the said guard gets his ankles broken the world may explode lol

Quote Originally Posted by isitsunday View Post
    If he ever breaks a guard off and the said guard gets his ankles broken the world may explode lol

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    He doesnt have the same body type as Duncan. If its a struggle to get him the ball in the post in crunch time, he's not ever going to be as great as Duncan was regardless of his stats. I'm not saying he cant but watching him now thats what I see
    He also has a better jumper than Duncan and finishes far better around the rim than him. His game isn't a post game (yet) like Duncan but he does other things better than him. He has also mentioned in interviews that two of the things he is working on is posting up and passing out of double team.

Banned
    He may never be a great post up player. He was a guard until he grew like crazy so it might not be in his DNA. But, there are very few classic post up players anyway. I know most people would laugh but I think he would look cool with a kareem style hook shot. He is very Lew Alcindor like.

Thread Information