Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs. Mavericks 1/25/15

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Like I always say. Davis is good for one f bomb a game.
    I bet he holds back more cos Monty don't like cussing.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    Is this legit? Awesome if so.
    Wondering the same thing.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    36 pts from the bench

Rick C said post fame " they r a good team , well coached team."

Love the passion I saw and the crowd seemed to be in it.
    We are well coached.

In spurts. And rarely in game. But still, Monty ain't the guy to take us to the next level. But hey, let's see how far we can go all the same.

I just don't understand how any Pels fan can't be on cloud 9 after getting this win. Our first 3 in a row of the season and against Dallas too.
    So this is our longest win streak of the season? Thought so. I'm elated after that win. Loved the energy from Davis and the crowd there at the end. Let's keep it going! I predict we stomp the 76ers in the SKC and avenge our loss to them from a couple weeks ago. Time to starting piling up the wins!

No joke man! I really like Mark Cuban but Dallas is quickly becoming my most hated team.

Why? More than Houston?, ny?, clev,.?

Has there been any word on when Jrue will return?

No joke man! I really like Mark Cuban but Dallas is quickly becoming my most hated team.

Why? More than Houston?, ny?, LA?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    should be around 1-3 more weeks
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

36 pts from the bench

Rick C said post fame " they r a good team , well coached team."

Love the passion I saw and the crowd seemed to be in it.
    Well coached ?!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

That was the most fun game I've been to this season. The crowd got really really into that one. I really think you could tell the team wanted it especially Davis.

I haven't heard "ref you suck chants" from the crowd in a while. I love that they were getting into it.

Also side note. I got on the jumbotron like 5 times tonight!! Personal best!

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    wow AD blocked that with the off hand while fading away lol.
    And left too. Amazing. He refused to lose
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Why? More than Houston?, ny?, clev,.?
    NY and clev ain't even close. Clippers are high up there.

Hou is just Harden with all his flopping.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    After the All-Star break would make the most sense. That would have given him about 6 weeks off since the injury occurred.

That would mean 9 more games missed, 4 of which are at home against Indy, Utah, Denver, and Philly. You would hope they could go at least 6-3, meaning a 29-24 record heading into the break and with a healthy Jrue returning to the mix.
    @mcnamara247

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    This year we have a year long All-Star break right?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    After the All-Star break would make the most sense. That would have given him about 6 weeks off since the injury occurred.

That would mean 9 more games missed, 4 of which are at home against Indy, Utah, Denver, and Philly. You would hope they could go at least 6-3, meaning a 29-24 record heading into the break and with a healthy Jrue returning to the mix.
    Would be nice if we can go 6-3. I think we need to go more like 7-2 or 8-1 tho. We need to start piling up wins.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Would be nice if we can go 6-3. I think we need to go more like 7-2 or 8-1 tho. We need to start piling up wins.
    If the goal is the playoffs, I agree.

I still don't think that is likely, nor do I care much if we get there or not. Its a bonus to me, but I just want to see better play and games like today where we find a way to win late against a good team instead of finding a way to lose. That will do wonders for these guys in 2015 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    This year we have a year long All-Star break right?
    Yeah, we play at home against Indy on the 11th, then not again until at Orlando on the 20th.

First 5 games after the break against the Eastern Conference. Don't know if that is a good or bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If the goal is the playoffs, I agree.

I still don't think that is likely, nor do I care much if we get there or not. Its a bonus to me, but I just want to see better play and games like today where we find a way to win late against a good team instead of finding a way to lose. That will do wonders for these guys in 2015 and beyond.
    I'm still optimistic we can make the playoffs. That'll do wonders for our confidence and make us a much more attractive FA destination. If we squeeze into the playoffs this year, one would assume we make it next year as well. That would be huge going into the 2016 offseason when Gordon comes off the books and we have some money to play with.

We CAN do it, no doubt. And yes, it would be better to make it than not, but I am not expecting it and I won't fall into the trap of saying that this season is only a success if we do make it. It can be a success in other ways.

But yes, I want playoffs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We are well coached.

In spurts. And rarely in game. But still, Monty ain't the guy to take us to the next level. But hey, let's see how far we can go all the same.
    I don't necessarily disagree but I'd like to pose this question. What makes everybody think that Carl or Thibodeaux can get us to the next level when they haven't done it with better teams than this one? I'm assuming next level is finals and beyond. And yes I do know that Carl made it that 1 time. I'm just curious about your opinion on that
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Tyreke will always play well when he controls the ball. I'd like to see if he can keep it up when Jrue gets back

I think I'm more optimistic than most people about our playoff hopes.. This is a different team than a few games ago when everything was all doom and gloom around here

-Since coming back from injury Gordon looks alot more comfortable and has a new attitude than he did earlier in the year
    -QPon was a big pickup
    -healthy AD
    -Tyreke balling out at PG

This is the best version of the team all season and we don't even have Jrue back yet

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    Is this legit? Awesome if so.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Wondering the same thing.
    I recorded it, so my curiosity got the best of me and went to see if this was true.

It is true.

Here's the crappy quality vine I made:

https://vine.co/v/OTevPWKXLvj

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I recorded it, so my curiosity got the best of me and went to see if this was true.

It is true.

Here's the crappy quality vine I made:

https://vine.co/v/OTevPWKXLvj
    Good work mate

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    I think I'm more optimistic than most people about our playoff hopes.. This is a different team than a few games ago when everything was all doom and gloom around here

-Since coming back from injury Gordon looks alot more comfortable and has a new attitude than he did earlier in the year
    -QPon was a big pickup
    -healthy AD
    -Tyreke balling out at PG

This is the best version of the team all season and we don't even have Jrue back yet
    How many wins do you think it will take to get the 8th seed?

Thread Information