Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs. Mavericks 1/25/15

Just throwing this out there, didn't see the need to start a new thread, but, the more I listen to AD interviews the more I am convinced that if he has any say so or opinion to give, Monty's job as head coach of the Pelicans is safe. AD seems to make sure to go above and beyond in his praise of Monty and the relationship they have. It was kind of strange last night hearing him gush on Monty, like he reads this forum, or at least has a pulse on the criticism Monty has been taking recently. And I believe it to be sincere, b/c you just don't throw out there that "He's great, I love that guy" if you're just going throw the motions, or being politically correct on a subject.

Anyway. If AD's happy, I'z happy.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Big Brow sounds like the tribal name of a cro-magnom or something.

So I'm in favor of it!

We are 14-5 at home O_O I had no idea about that crazy

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isitsunday View Post
    We are 14-5 at home O_O I had no idea about that crazy
    But 9-16 on the road

If we could get to just .500 away from New Orleans we would be playoff bound.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    But 9-16 on the road

If we could get to just .500 away from New Orleans we would be playoff bound.
    Thats actually not all that bad imo yeah it's not good but I thought we worse so you know lol but still that home record I never expected it

17-11 against the west
    6-10 against the east

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    17-11 against the west
    6-10 against the east
    That's crazy. I just looked at the standings in the West. We're bringing up the rear in our division, and we're 2 games over .500.

Of the rest of the division "cellar-dwellers" in the NBA the next-best team is Indiana, who are 16-30. (http://www.nba.com/standings/team_re...w_Std_Div.html)

We have to find a way to win the games that "we're supposed to win". That's our problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    That's crazy. I just looked at the standings in the West. We're bringing up the rear in our division, and we're 2 games over .500.

Of the rest of the division "cellar-dwellers" in the NBA the next-best team is Indiana, who are 16-30. (http://www.nba.com/standings/team_re...w_Std_Div.html)

We have to find a way to win the games that "we're supposed to win". That's our problem.
    holy **** can you imagine if the whole southwest gets into the playoffs thats nuts

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

Tonight would be a good example....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isitsunday View Post
    Thats actually not all that bad imo yeah it's not good but I thought we worse so you know lol but still that home record I never expected it
    I agree but just sucks knowing that if we are just average on the road we would be in playoffs because of that home record.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    because teams go into a new mode in the fourth, theyre coached to defend harder and make smart plays on offense, but under monty, we think the 4th is like every quarter

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Stahp pointing out contradictory statements. The forum cannot handle that amount of posts.

Thread Information