Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Possible Off-season?

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    I like it, but idk if those guys will get it done closing games in the playoffs. Reke, Ryno, Jrue you never know what your gonna get from them scoring wise
    Probably, but how many guys in the league do you "know what you are going to get" from them night in and night out? 10? 15?

Is there a realistic way to get one of those guys any time soon?
    @mcnamara247

I just don't like leaning on those guys so much. Jrue at least contributes in other ways when his shots not falling, but Tyreke and Ryno just are too prone to having terrible games

Hopefully Jrue can step up and be the #2 guy
    Last edited by speedyG; 01-24-2015 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Man I still don't get this CBA stuff.
    I just read it again and it still doesn't make sense.
    I thought that if you signed your own players with bird rights into cap space you could use the MLE.

But then again that's why we didn't re-sign Jason Smith.
    I guess I'll do some more study.
    Yes. Birds rights stays on your roster as a cap hold. This is why you are allowed to resign your own player and still have the MLE to use.

In the scenario Guru proposed we would be trading away our players creating a large amount of cap space. Because of the size of the cap space created we would lose the MLE.

Reading the straight CBA by Larry coon can sometimes be hard to understand. When that happens to me I Google the issue I am having trouble with. there has usually been an article written on it.

Banned
    Wait. Why the hell would a guy take 15 million, when he can take 30 million?

Both are guaranteed... he can just say his back hurts and not work those years 2 and 3. If he is as selfish as the worst pelicans fans imagine, he will take the money. If he has as pompous as the worst pelicans fans imagine, he will take the money.

Why would he take 15 million in one year, when he can take 20 million in 3?

It doesnt really make sense... He doesn't honestly think he is a max player going forward... does he? He is definitely just in it for the money from now on... his body has broken down year after year, he has to understand. And I'd be surprised if there isn't a team out there that wouldn't offer him 8 million a year for 3... Thats wilson chandler money.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post

Both are guaranteed... he can just say his back hurts and not work those years 2 and 3. If he is as selfish as the worst pelicans fans imagine, he will take the money. If he has as pompous as the worst pelicans fans imagine, he will take the money.

It doesnt really make sense... He doesn't honestly think he is a max player going forward... does he? He is definitely just in it for the money from now on... his body has broken down year after year, he has to understand. And I'd be surprised if there isn't a team out there that wouldn't offer him 8 million a year for 3... Thats wilson chandler money.
    If you were to ask Eric Gordon what HE thinks that he will make in 2016-17 and 2017-18, I think he would quote you a number north of 20 million. He does not, nor should he, live in the same reality as you and I. He does not believe he will be injury prone moving forward or unable to get a nice sized contract when he finally hits free agency again.

Trade Anderson and Tyreke wait for bargains, I bet Brandon Knight goes way cheaper than he should.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post

It would take him 2 years to may 15 if he opts out... He can make that in 1 year, then go out and get that 3/20.

If we can dump Gordon we should go after Wes Matthews to replace him. He would be a perfect role player

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If you were to ask Eric Gordon what HE thinks that he will make in 2016-17 and 2017-18, I think he would quote you a number north of 20 million. He does not, nor should he, live in the same reality as you and I. He does not believe he will be injury prone moving forward or unable to get a nice sized contract when he finally hits free agency again.
    Oh come on, his agent isn't going to let him believe that.

Martell Webster and Kyle O'Quinn...

What about DeAndre Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by 704Pelicanfan View Post
    Martell Webster and Kyle O'Quinn...
    EDIT: And Archie Goodwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Trade Anderson and Tyreke wait for bargains, I bet Brandon Knight goes way cheaper than he should.
    Knight is having an awesome year too.

Thread Information