Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your prediction for the next 10 games

Pelicans Your prediction for the next 10 games

we all know we're about to start a stretch of 6 straight at home... but all told... we actually play 9 of the next 10 inside the SKC

how well do you think we do in the next 10 games? They are...

Mavericks
    76ers
    Nuggets
    Clippers
    Hawks
    Thunder
    @ Thunder
    Bulls
    Jazz
    Pacers

and of note... there are 2 back-to-backs in that stretch vs. DAL & PHI tomorrow (Sunday) and Monday and @ OKC & vs. CHI on Feb. 6 & 7... the rest we have at least 1 day in between games
    Last edited by rt0307; 01-24-2015 at 12:34 PM.
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

actually the first 2 games is a back-to-back

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    actually the first 2 games is a back-to-back
    oops... you are correct... corrected

5-5. WLWLWLWLWL

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    5-5. WLWLWLWLWL
    while I understand what you're getting at... that would insinuate getting swept in the season series by Philly... and that would be almost humiliating

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    while I understand what you're getting at... that would insinuate getting swept in the season series by Philly... and that would be almost humiliating
    LWLWLWLWLW?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    LWLWLWLWLW?
    considering we've won 2 in a row... this would be more in line w/ recent trends

7-3. Loses to Mavs, OKC twice.....GO PELICANS !!!!!!!!!!

4-6 -- and hope like hell I am wrong

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    6-4
    RealIstically, think I would be satisfied with this....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

LLLLLLLLLL

Go Monty!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

10-0, just got to believe

But I'm thinking more like 4-6

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    LWLWLWLWLW?
    This is actually my guess

I'm gonna say 7-3 because they have a pretty good home record. I'm gonna be optimistic. With that said, if they lose to Philly again I'm getting out my pitchfork. Lol, and I kind of like Monty even though he makes me scratch my head at times.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    6-4. I really want to see them beat the MAVS and THUNDER twice! If we can beat MAVS, THUNDER twice, CLIPPERS and two more teams of the rest I would be thrilled.

I got you guys goin' 6-4 or 7-3 with Ls to @OKC, Chi, Hawks and the toss-up is LAC.

Need to go 8-2 or better, with at least one win against OKC to have a shot at the playoffs IMO.

Might have been possible with a healthy Jrue and Ryno 100%, but I won't hold my breath. I would guess 5-5
    @mcnamara247

4-6

They are 13-5 at home so far. Golden State and Atlanta are the only two teams with less home losses. Most of that was done without EG this year and he barely was out of his slump before the shoulder. Now Jrue is out so I think that's pretty much a wash. Hopefully Ryno can contribute but the defense has looked better over the last couple although it was against two really bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Need to go 8-2 or better, with at least one win against OKC to have a shot at the playoffs IMO.

Might have been possible with a healthy Jrue and Ryno 100%, but I won't hold my breath. I would guess 5-5
    Does 5-5 mean Monty go's at the break or is he here until the end of the year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    Does 5-5 mean Monty go's at the break or is he here until the end of the year.
    He survived the losses to the Sixers and Knicks within a week, he is here for the year. The injury to Jrue is a built-in excuse for him for at least that long. At this point in the season, I don't know that the front office has a realistic expectation of making the playoffs, and any firing of Monty at this point would only serve to 'save face' with the fan base, meaning it would cost them money for no real reason. They could put more into the search and find a candidate in the offseason so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Agree. If that road trip did not end Monty's tenure, nothing will during the season.

He is here until at least mid-April. My question is: What is the minimum he has to do to have the job next year?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Agree. If that road trip did not end Monty's tenure, nothing will during the season.

He is here until at least mid-April. My question is: What is the minimum he has to do to have the job next year?
    Give Ms. Gayle a big hug, be sweet to her and compliment her dress.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Thread Information